Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
InsulinJunkie72
Enthusiast
InsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
On the topic of Kobo, did Target dump them nationally?

I was in my local Target yesterday for the first time in a few weeks, and I happened down the e-reader aisle, and the Kobo display unit was gone, and none were in the glass case, either.

Curious if it was just my local store, or chain-wide.

(They still had plenty of those ugly $49 I-River StoryHDs though, in addition to the usual Kindle/Nook/Sony crowd)
InsulinJunkie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #47
Leonardo7000
Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo7000 View Post
Thanks for the info Peter, I have emailed KoboExecutive care and will see what (if any) the response is to this missive.
Well Hurrah for Kobo! Although i was getting dispirited they have finally come thru with a replacement unit.
Thanks Kobo, you have restored my faith..... well done
Leonardo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #48
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie72 View Post
On the topic of Kobo, did Target dump them nationally?

I was in my local Target yesterday for the first time in a few weeks, and I happened down the e-reader aisle, and the Kobo display unit was gone, and none were in the glass case, either.
It's possible. Target has officially announced that it will stop selling the Kindle (click here for story.) People are speculating that decision came because Target will start opening Apple mini shops. It's possible that a decision to stop carrying Kobo products was made for that same reason.

Last edited by Suzanna; 05-04-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #49
Leonardo7000
Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo reader is CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo7000 View Post
Thanks for the info Peter, I have emailed KoboExecutive care and will see what (if any) the response is to this missive.
I have had the Kobo reader replaced and this one is absolutely lousy to operate.
It seldom pages when requested and has frozen, with no operation possible at all occasionally. Altogether it is a bad experience and I would NEVER recommend Kobo or their equipment to anyone. This device is the worst electronic device I have ever owned and is total frustration.
In the back of the drawer it goes, never to see the light of day again......
Leonardo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote