Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Trouble uploading avatar pic

I've reduced it to below 19 Kb as well as fewer than 100 x 100 pixels, but the upload keeps failing, any ideas?

Thanks!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've reduced it to below 19 Kb as well as fewer than 100 x 100 pixels, but the upload keeps failing, any ideas?
What format is it? Avatars my be up to 160x160 pixels and 58.6KB in size. You may be trying to use a file type the board doesn't support.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a jpeg!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a jpeg!
Weird. That ought to work. What happens when you try to upload? (And which browser are you using? Among other things, JavaScript needs to be enabled.)
______
Dennis
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

It shows up as linked to my profile, but doesn't appear with my posts.

Firefox, and I have Javascript

Does it have to be exactly square in dimension?
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
It shows up as linked to my profile, but doesn't appear with my posts.

Firefox, and I have Javascript

Does it have to be exactly square in dimension?
I don't believe so - just within the size limits.

Have you logged off and logged back on after uploading?
______
Dennis
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

I hadn't realized that "avatar" and "profile pic" were separate uploads!

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 01-26-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
I hadn't realized that "avatar" and "profile pic" were separate uploads!
Hmmm. We may need to document that better. Meanwhile, you have an avatar, so things are working.
______
Dennis