Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Smile TOC in the GUI

Hi!

I want to convert text files in the GUI to EPUB. The problem is how to detect chapters. some of my books have the word chapter, but others might say CHAPTER, others have roman numerals alone. others may just be a number followed by a period. Still others may just have the words like One, Two, Three and so forth. Kovid helped me out once before when I had Chapters within Parts by placing this in the preferences:

//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2' or name()='h3']

could someone help me out?
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I believe checking the 'Preprocess Input file" option on the Convert - StructureDetection page is supposed to be pretty good at detecting these common types of chapter headings.

If that doesn't work for you try reading up on the details of "Process using Markdown" for TXT input (on the Convert - TXT Input page). This will definitely work but you will have to do some very simple edits to your TXT file before converting.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert