Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
BillyPrefect
BillyPrefect began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre & Nook on Windows 7

Trying to set my wife's Nook up for use with a new laptop. Calibre doesn't see the nook - I KNOW it's Windows fault, but I don't know what to do to fix it.

Any help, even by just asking me to read specific posts, would be appreciated.
BillyPrefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
We'll be able to help you more if you goto preferences->Miscellaneous and post the debug device output with your device connected.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
BillyPrefect

I apologize for not searching before posting but it was really late. I did a search and found a similar issue with a working resolution. Don't run Calibre until the Nook is plugged in - or close Calibre then plug in the Nook and restart.

By the way - Calibre is fantastic! With all the digital content options and file types available, my wife's Nook is loaded and ready for her thanks pretty much to your work.

The issue I had seems to be something along the lines of hot plug detection. I understand hardware but programming has me lost. I have a library set up for her on my little server, and I read inputs from a crappy old torrent box. The laptop runs Calibre and works just fine across my network!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
BillyPrefect

Just to note: my posting time shows 8 am but that must be your time zone as it was 3 or so in the morning - I was having issues right across my home network due to new laptops for the kids.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there shouldn't be any problems with plugging in a nook after calibre is running, make sure you dont have any other calibre supported device connected at the same time as your nook, like an iphone/ipad
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert