Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #2101
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Exclamation New FFN problem?

Hi there,

I'm getting an error message when downloading from Fanfiction.net

Quote:
Status / Title / Author / Comment / URL
Bad / Unknown / Unknown / 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' / http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9416302/1/
Bad / Unknown / Unknown / 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' / http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9027709/1/
Bad / Unknown / Unknown / 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' / http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8523357/1/
Thank you for your help.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #2102
Teabelly
Teabelly began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Fanfiction.net

11/11/2013

Calibre 1.10 (64bit)
FanFictionDownloader v1.7.52

I've tried updating some fics on FanFiction.net that i know have had chapters added but i'm having problems too. snip of log below.

Status
Bad
Dark Energy 5: Inheritance
Melaradark
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9796310/1/
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #2103
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New test version with fix for latest ff.net change.

I haven't tested comprehensively, but it appears to work. I have to go now, but let me know if any of the metadata isn't coming through correctly.

Test version installed and tested.
No apparent problem with metadata.

Thank you
Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #2104
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.7.53 - 11 Nov 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net changes.
  • Fixes/Enhancements for replace_br_with_p heuristic processing feature. Thanks, Asbjørn Grandt.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #2105
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Version 1.7.53 - 11 Nov 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net changes.
  • Fixes/Enhancements for replace_br_with_p heuristic processing feature. Thanks, Asbjørn Grandt.
Thank you so much!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #2106
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
When I force-check for an update, version 1.7.52 is installed. The latest version in post #2100 installed as 1.7.51. Am I doing something wrong?

ETA: I did restart Calibre to enable new plugins.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #2107
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
When I force-check for an update, version 1.7.52 is installed. The latest version in post #2100 installed as 1.7.51. Am I doing something wrong?

ETA: I did restart Calibre to enable new plugins.
It can take an hour or so for the automated plugin update system to pick up changed plugins. If you can't wait, install it manually.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #2108
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
It can take an hour or so for the automated plugin update system to pick up changed plugins. If you can't wait, install it manually.

Thank you! It just showed up in the update box and I've installed it. Seems to be working fine!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #2109
Teabelly
Teabelly began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
installed Version 1.7.53 and everything is all good.

Thank you for the quick response and for a great PlugIn.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #2110
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Hi all, I just spent a considerable amount of time searching for how to limit download of tags in the "Additional tags" section on AO3. I found that someone mentioned they found the way somewhere on the internet, but they never posted the link to the answer. What setting do I need to change to achieve this? I don't want to end up with 53 additional tags, which is currently the case with one of the stories I downloaded. Thank you in advance!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #2111
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Hi all, I just spent a considerable amount of time searching for how to limit download of tags in the "Additional tags" section on AO3. I found that someone mentioned they found the way somewhere on the internet, but they never posted the link to the answer. What setting do I need to change to achieve this? I don't want to end up with 53 additional tags, which is currently the case with one of the stories I downloaded. Thank you in advance!
Please post the story URL, where these tags are appearing and what tags you don't want to appear there. (IE, Category, Genre, Freeform Tags, AO3 Categories, etc).
Old 11-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #2112
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Please post the story URL, where these tags are appearing and what tags you don't want to appear there. (IE, Category, Genre, Freeform Tags, AO3 Categories, etc).
Right, so the story is this: http://archiveofourown.org/works/100...apters/1990025 and the tags in question are Freeform Tags. As for which ones I don't want to be downloaded, that's actually hard for me to answer, since there are some I find useful (such as Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Panic Attacks, Signs of PTSD) but others are not (But he's getting over them, Talking, Arguing, Lots of Arguing). There is no way to foresee what tags authors might add, and list them in my .ini file, so I thought I might just remove the entire category. :-(
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #2113
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Right, so the story is this: http://archiveofourown.org/works/100...apters/1990025 and the tags in question are Freeform Tags. As for which ones I don't want to be downloaded, that's actually hard for me to answer, since there are some I find useful (such as Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Panic Attacks, Signs of PTSD) but others are not (But he's getting over them, Talking, Arguing, Lots of Arguing). There is no way to foresee what tags authors might add, and list them in my .ini file, so I thought I might just remove the entire category. :-(
They're called Freeform Tags for a reason--the authors can enter anything they want.

There are two ways you could handle it, either by white listing: only allowing a list of tags you've predefined and no other; or black listing: removing a list of tags you've predefined.

Either way would use the replace_metadata feature in personal.ini. There are numerous examples for replace_metadata in this thread already.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #2114
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
They're called Freeform Tags for a reason--the authors can enter anything they want.

There are two ways you could handle it, either by white listing: only allowing a list of tags you've predefined and no other; or black listing: removing a list of tags you've predefined.

Either way would use the replace_metadata feature in personal.ini. There are numerous examples for replace_metadata in this thread already.
Yeah, I know, and I was conflicted about what to do about them, but in the end my need to control as much as I can about the downloaded fics won over. I totally support the desire of authors to add what they think relevant to their fics and have no issues with seeing them online, I just prefer to have a limited number of tags in calibre and my tablet.

I suppose whitelisting is what I'll try; I think Fanlore has a list of tropes and genres I might include and tweak.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #2115
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
FF.net is currently broken. I've committed a modification that should fix it.

This is an *unofficial* test build:
(new build, those bastards use multiple date formats at random)

Last edited by Feynor; 11-13-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread