Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
albaranov
albaranov began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony 505 not detected

Dear All,
I just got my Sony 505 and started using it in combination with Calibre. My first observation is that Calibre does not detect my device well. Very often I have to wait some minutes for detection. If it takes too long than I normally re-connect the device. Sometimes it helps instantly, sometimes I have to re-connect several times. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any advice?
Thanks in advance. Alex
albaranov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Alex and welcome to MR. Knowledgeable forum geeks will log on shortly and address your questions. Good luck
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
albaranov
albaranov began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Alex and welcome to MR. Knowledgeable forum geeks will log on shortly and address your questions. Good luck
Cassidym, Thanks a lot for welcoming me! Actually I tried to locate an appropriate forum topic for my issue but could not find the right one. I do not mind my inquiry being moved to the right subject forum.

In addition to my previous info, I use Windows XP, also I bought my device in the U.S. Regards, Alex
albaranov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Alex!

I've not had problems with Calibre detecting my 700 so I'm afraid I can't help other than to say that you might want to post your concerns in the Calibre forum. Kovid (the developer of Calibre) is very good about answer questions as our many more savvy Calibre users among the members of MR. Good luck.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
when I have problems like that I try another USB port on my computer
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome Alex!

I have noticed that Calibre occasionally seems to take a while to find my 505. It usually works best for me if I plug the 505 in before I launch Calibre. However, as I am usually doing other things on my computer as well, I don't often notice any delay!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device detection