Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Newspapers

I downloaded The Globe & Mail on Saturday using Calibre and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed at how it displays on my Kobo. My friends Kindle has a much more intuitive setup. The paper is displayed by sections, Sports, Business, Enetertainment etc. and then has sub categories for each of those that you can select. Kobo seems to simply display a long list of articles in a somewhat random order. When you choose 'top stories' you with a list of the articles but I don't seem to be able to select them in any way. Does anyone know if there is a way to change how the Kobo formats newpapers?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Turt99
Connoisseur
Turt99 began at the beginning.

I don't think this has to do with the Kobo specifically, this likely has to do with what Calibre is doing with the newspaper. I saw on the Kobo software that there are newspapers "coming soon" so maybe they will be formatted differently when they come directly from Kobo
Turt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turt99 View Post
I don't think this has to do with the Kobo specifically, this likely has to do with what Calibre is doing with the newspaper. I saw on the Kobo software that there are newspapers "coming soon" so maybe they will be formatted differently when they come directly from Kobo
My friend gets his newspapers for his Kindle from Calibre and they display totally different. I imagine Kobo will be charging for their newspaper service while Calibre does it for free.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
I also read that Newspapers are coming officially to the Kobo eReader by end of May.
It is on their website somewhere...

I also think it's Calibre's fault rather than the Kobo

Aniello
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Turt99
Connoisseur
Turt99 began at the beginning.

Duiker, ahh then that is a different story. I don't have a kindle so I can't really help.
Turt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
KOBO will read what's there. I haven't yet tried it but was reading about it in the Calibre! manual today.

I'm going over there later to ask for KOBO support.
Also, how many users on this forum must there be for KOBO to have it's own forum instead of a sub in the MISC readers. I know, I know, it hasn't even been a week.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote