Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
clupea
harengus pallasii
clupea began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X, Tapwave Zodiac2
Unhappy Cannot sync sunrise xp to SD card on Tapwave Zodiac

I've been using Sunrise Desktop 0.42i to sync output to my first SD card on my Tapwave Zodiac2 without any problems (*thankyou*). I'm attempting to get XP alpha3 to sync to the card without luck.

The Hotsync Manager (v 5.2.6) throws the following error:

HotSync operation started 01/23/06 16:28:07
OK Date Book
[snip]
OK WordSmith
-- Cannot transfer document(s) to Secure Digital. No file system is present or the volume is read-only.
OK Sunrise XP with 1 message(s)
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (65)

The sxl file I'm using was converted from the sdl file I use w/0.42i. When I use the Hotsync Manager to View Files for Secure Digital (SD) Card for the Sunrise XP conduit I see the .pdb files in...

D:\Program Files\Tapwave\<user>\SunriseXP\vfs0

0.42i successfully writes to my Sandisk 512MB card under...

\PALM\Launcher

...so I know the card isn't write protected (the card in SD2 is - but that's not what's config'd for the output of the sxl file entries).

I created a test sxl file that transfers one of the feeds to RAM, and that does work with alpha 3. I'm stymied. What am I missing (probably something obvious - just not to me)?

Sandy

Last edited by clupea; 01-25-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
I'm running into the same exact problem .

P.S. Welcome to MobileRead clupea!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Just as an experiment, you might want to try inserting the writable card (from slot 1) in slot 2. Alternatively, remove the write protection on the card in slot 2. See what happens.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
clupea
harengus pallasii

Good troubleshooting suggestions, Laurens. Unfortunately, exploring all possible combinations/permutations of sync output spec::SD card location generate the exact same error. Here's what I've tried...

sdl set to SD (first card) -> card in slot1
sdl set to SD2 -> card in slot1
sdl set to SD -> card in slot2
sdl set to SD2 -> card in slot 2

These were all done with my writable Sandisk 512MB SD card. The other SD card I mentioned holds Duke Nukem mobile - writing to it is not an option. I removed it for all of the above tests. When I set the sxl to output to SD2, the pdb file is created in D:\Program Files\Tapwave\<user>\SunriseXP\vfs1.

Any other ideas, Laurens? If you have a debug version of Sunrise XP, I'll be happy to install it to help diagnose this problem.

cheers,
Sandy

p.s. Thanks for the warm welcome, Brian!

Last edited by clupea; 01-25-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
clupea
harengus pallasii

Thumbs up

This was interesting, Laurens. Here's the info from the log...

HotSync operation started 01/24/06 13:20:21
OK Date Book
[snip]
OK WordSmith
Slot 0 flags: 0x1000000
Slot 1 flags: 0x3000000
Slot 2 flags: 0x1000000
-- Transferred "Planet Ark.pdb" to Secure Digital.
OK Sunrise XP
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (65)

Here's what I did...

- shutdown Hotsync Manager
- replaced the old conduit.dll with the new one you provided in the zip file
- restarted Hotsync Manager
- config'd sxl to sync to SD (i.e. SD1, a.k.a. slot 0)
- ran Sunrise XP update for sdl
- verified production of pdb in ...\vfs0
- deleted document from Zodiac
- Hotsync'd

This time the document /was/ transferred (Unknown error notwithstanding) - it shows up in Plucker (it did not previously). FileZ shows it to be on SD1 at ...\PALM\Programs\Plucker.

Many thanks for your quick attention to this problem. Looks like you've very nearly got it nailed down

thanks!
Sandy

Last edited by clupea; 01-25-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Thanks, that was the information I needed. This seems to be due to a difference in endianness between HotSync Mgr v6 and v4. I can reproduce this issue on another machine that has HotSync v4.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
Dekaritae
Dekaritae began at the beginning.

Device: Zodiac Z1
I'm experiencing a similar problem with my Zodiac Z1, the files from Sunrise XP aren't being transfered to the card (though Plucker continues to work). Am using Hotsync Manager 5.2.6 and Palm Desktop 4.1. The HotSync log is somewhat terse:

HotSync operation started 03/05/06 18:26:39
OK Plucker for C:\Program Files\Palm\Plucker\plucker_desktop\plucker-desktop.exe --update-due
Conduit Error: Unknown error. (110C)
OK System
HotSync operation complete 03/05/06 18:27:08

Have one 1GB SD card in each slot, so which slot is choosen shouldn't matter. I've got the new conduit.dll mentioned above installed in the Sunrise XP folder, made sure that the /Palm/Programs/Plucker/ folder exists, and I've tried setting Sunrise XP to output to the /Tapwave Install/Slot-SD/ and /QuickInstall/ExpCard/ folders, but the files aren't transfered from those either, apparently.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Don't use the conduit DLL that was attached to this thread. It was an old development snapshot. Instead, install the latest beta and try again.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #9
Dekaritae
Dekaritae began at the beginning.

Device: Zodiac Z1
Ok I've got the beta 6 version, installed, with conduit.dll of 203,264 bytes, and the same error message appears in the log. The installer did indicate that the conduit was registered, though.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #10
Laurens
Jah Blessed

The error messages you're posting are from the Plucker Desktop conduit, not from the Sunrise XP conduit. Look for something like this:

Code:
-- Transferred "Refactoring.pdb" to Secure Digital.
OK Sunrise XP
Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
garoto
garoto began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m500
I'm having the same problem. I've got a Palm m500. I've synced with a Desktop PC and now I'm doing with a Notebook too. In the desktop I've got no problem, but in the notebook I got the error message:

-- Cannot transfer document(s) to Secure Digital. No file system is present or the volume is read-only.

I tried reinstalling the stub, and I checked the SD is not write protected.

The SXL is a copy of the one I use in the desktop. I've got v2.00 alpha 2b in both computers.

The only difference seems to be in the Palm Desktop program. Is an English version in the notebook and a Spanish version in the desktop PC and I think the versions may be different.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by garoto; 02-19-2007 at 09:20 AM.