Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2016, 03:10 AM   #16
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276958 180° - if one wants to add it to this package.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:35 AM   #17
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276958 180° - if one wants to add it to this package.

For CCW/reverse landscape I wouldn't add it because I don't think it is that useful. If you think it is, just let me know, I'm not solid on that opinion)

But if we could get 180/upside down working, I would happily package it (and CCW for completeness) with KindleLazy, because I think it is a problem how the usb port is on the bottom.

But you really think upside down is out of the question?

I mean, thankfully Amazon graced us with landscape so things aren't a real problem, as I said I am starting to prefer landscape - but I'm sure most will want portrait.

Scrap all that, I got upside down portrait 180 degrees working:
http://imgur.com/a/6STJn

-

Oops, I didn't realize Yourcat already did this ha! Sorry buddy, nice work!

Anyway, yes it should be easy enough to add upside down to KindleLazy.
And to get 270 degrees, simply turn on landscape mode when it's upside down...

Last edited by zxczxc; 09-28-2016 at 12:44 PM.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #18
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

KindleLazy now can rotate the screen upside down
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #19
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
KindleLazy now can rotate the screen upside down
Another question: Is it compatible with koreader?
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I would expect it would be.

The actions here are being taken at a relatively low system level and should effect all higher level (such as user applications) equally.

And if it doesn't, then we have learned some more -
So try it and report back.

Since Amazon/Lab126 does not publish documentation on their system . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #21
zxczxc
Addict

Quote:
The screen rotation will work for everything, I don't see what application would go behind X's back and ignore your screen/display settings.

But the page turning, no. The way I implemented is only for the native system, that is what lucida wrote. And that it won't work in KOReader.

lucida gave a few examples, I forgot about that It honestly would take only a few minutes to change and make it support KOReader/any other app too.

I'll do it later.

Last edited by zxczxc; 09-28-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #22
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I would expect it would be.

The actions here are being taken at a relatively low system level and should effect all higher level (such as user applications) equally.

And if it doesn't, then we have learned some more -
So try it and report back.

Since Amazon/Lab126 does not publish documentation on their system . . . .
The remote I ordered should arrive today.

EDIT: I use koreader for nightmode, so it would be great to have it work for that as well. Thanks, ZXCZXC!

Last edited by jscris; 09-28-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Great!
All I can do is sit back and watch (read), it is mostly outside of my Kindle experience.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #24
zxczxc
Addict

Yeah I used KOReader a few minutes for 'nightmode', it was cool.

But, even though I like eink, a nice oled screen (those ones where, for black, the little led/pixel really is OFF) - would be nicer for white text on black. Because all that would be shining at you is the white text, not bad.

I don't really like the black background on kindle because it's still illuminated. I should test KOReader more to see what I really prefer.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #25
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Let us know how it goes. All I've done is talk so far, but if yours works easily, I might actually buy it, jailbreak, and try it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #26
zxczxc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Let us know how it goes. All I've done is talk so far, but if yours works easily, I might actually buy it, jailbreak, and try it!
I'm telling you - it works easily

but sure, it will be funny to see other people with the same set up/remote as me

always good to get feedback
Old 09-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You've only been thinking of jail breaking one of your devices forever.
Be careful, you don't want to rush into anything.

= = = =

A Kindle sacrificed to the cause is a lot cheaper than one of those treadmill models that comes with fancy electronic stuff built into the handle bars.

And if you never exercise again, you can always reuse the Kindle to read a (stationary) book.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #28
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I know! I'm (A) leery of jailbreaking, except I've read that it's easily undone, and (B) not real keen on exercising either. So, I wasn't in a great hurry ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #29
jscris
Addict

Oookay. KV, FW 5.8.1
I used the last version of KindleLazy uploaded (third one), put the folder in the extensions folder. Restarted with receiver installed and transmitter active. Started KindleLazy with KUAL. No response.

Deleted the folder and added the first one just to be sure an erorr hadn't been introduced, went through the restart routine again with the same result.

KUAL log says:
ERROR READING evdev2 device
:No such file or directory

Put the receiver on an Android tablet and it is getting a signal, turns the light up and down and the page buttons seem active.

Suggestions? Bear in mind that I'm a little old lady and not a coder. I hope I just did something stupid, but haven't figure out what.

Installed the Voice update. (Voyage doesn't have it built in, assume it's necessary.)

Still doesn't work..... Same error. Also, no voice settings available. What next?

Last edited by jscris; 09-28-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #30
zxczxc
Addict

Quote:
Oookay. KV, FW 5.8.1
I used the last version of KindleLazy uploaded (third one), put the folder in the extensions folder. Restarted with receiver installed and transmitter active. Started KindleLazy with KUAL. No response.

Deleted the folder and added the first one just to be sure an erorr hadn't been introduced, went through the restart routine again with the same result.

KUAL log says:
ERROR READING evdev2 device
:No such file or directory

Put the receiver on an Android tablet and it is getting a signal, turns the light up and down and the page buttons seem active.

Suggestions? Bear in mind that I'm a little old lady and not a coder. I hope I just did something stupid, but haven't figure out what.

Installed the Voice update. (Voyage doesn't have it built in, assume it's necessary.)

Still doesn't work..... Same error. Also, no voice settings available. What next?
jscris - thanks for the feedback!

So helpful for the logfile haha!

Simply, KindleLazy is looking for my usb device, it can't find it, and so it just dies.

Everything is set up and working ok (although not working!) - but because I only tested for my usb device, and I got a bit lazy.

I can make it work with more devices easily enough. I'll do it tomorrow.

So, rest assured, it's not you - it's me!

Last edited by zxczxc; 09-28-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Tags
remote, remote control