Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Cherrypal customer service: lies, ignored emails, and technical incompetence

I'm going to take the opportunity available to me to tell everyone about my experiences with a company by the name of Cherrypal, and a person who goes by the name of "Max Seybold". Cherrypal is reported to be a subsidiary of Tristate Lifestyle Brands, a Hong Kong based company. Given the behavior of this subsidiary, I think it's best to avoid the parent company as well.

First, let's cover the lies told to me. I ordered a Cherrypal Africa laptop on 21 December. I waited a couple days for an email about when my order was shipped, but received nothing. I did not get a response from Cherrypal until after the 4th email I sent. The email I received on 30 December said that I would get a tracking number the next day, and that I would receive my order soon. Needless to say, neither event occurred. I still do not have my laptop, nor have I gotten a refund.

Second, let's consider what I had to say to get a response at all. My first 3 emails were ignored. In order to get a response to the 4th email, I had to include my concern that this was a scam. When I sent a 5th email to point out the broken promises, it was ignored as well. My 6th email did get a response, but that may have been because I asked "Where is my F***ing laptop"? It was questionable, yes, but I am very angry about the treatment I have received. Four weeks had gone by without a word from Cherrypal other than when I poked them.

My last response from "Max Sebold" was that I would get a refund by Wednesday (today). It has not happened.

Third, there was supposed to have been a blanket email sent to all outstanding orders. I did not get it. Other than when I poked them, I did not receive any emails from Cherrypal. According to this PDF, which was supposedly sent to all customers, my order should have been refunded on 2 January. I did not get the PDF, and I still do not have my refund.

Cherrypal has demonstrated a pattern of incompetence, lies, and a refusal to communicate. I strongly urge you to avoid doing business with them
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Cherrypal were the guys who promised the $250 desktop computer and the $100 laptop computer?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I hope you used a credit card so you can get your money back.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I hope you used a credit card so you can get your money back.
My bank is very good about that, yes.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
I went through something similar last year. I waited 4 months before getting my money back. Thankfully they used Amazon Marketplace and Amazon's customer service has always been good to me.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolrone View Post
I went through something similar last year. I waited 4 months before getting my money back. Thankfully they used Amazon Marketplace and Amazon's customer service has always been good to me.
If you really had the same experience then that would suggest that this is a scam. It would make no sense for what happened to me to be an accident. They couldn't possibly have the exact same problems over such a large time span.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Taking into consideration who posted this .........I'd take it as gospel........I'm just sayin'.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
They had a forum up before: http://cherrypal.proboards.com

I became a moderator because I thought I was helping a small startup company. People started posting complaints and questions about their orders. Then soon after someone began deleting posts that made the company look bad. I left the forum. I wouldn't trust Cherrypal, Max Seybold, or any affiliation of theirs.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow, that's terrible. I'm not in the market for a new laptop, but I'm glad you posted this, since it'll probably make it's way on google searches.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I expect some people don't try to get their money back persistently enough, and so they profit.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
My wife tried to order a Bing laptop from them a few weeks ago. A few days after she placed the order she got an E-mail with the subject line: "LIFESTYLE BRANDS SUGARROMANCE Customer Refund Notification". Sugarromance is skeezy looking dating website run by the same company as Cherrypal. When we ordered, at least, they were the ones doing the credit card processing.

Somehow the message made it through her spam filter. She opened it to find that, because they had neglected to charge us shipping, our order was being canceled, but if we would resubmit it they would include “something sweet”.

I’m sure you can imagine, alarm bells were ringing at this point. After a day with no refund in sight, she wrote back to ask when we could expect to get our money, and got a reply from Max Seybold saying that had been submitted to the credit card processor and should only be a day or two and it was out of his hands now.

After most of a week with no refund, no reply to further E-mails, or answer to phone calls we reported them to our bank and got our money back that way.

Last edited by KarateMonkey; 01-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
My wife tried to order a Bing laptop from them a few weeks ago. A few days after she placed the order she got an E-mail with the subject line: "LIFESTYLE BRANDS SUGARROMANCE Customer Refund Notification". Sugarromance is skeezy looking dating website run by the same company as Cherrypal. When we ordered, at least, they were the ones doing the credit card processing.

Somehow the message made it through her spam filter. She opened it to find that, because they had neglected to charge us shipping, our order was being canceled, but if we would resubmit it they would include “something sweet”.

I’m sure you can imagine, alarm bells were ringing at this point. After a day with no refund in sight, she wrote back to ask when we could expect to get our money, and got a reply from Max Seybold saying that had been submitted to the credit card processor and should only be a day or two and it was out of his hands now.

After most of a week with no refund, no reply to further E-mails, or answer to phone calls we reported them to our bank and got our money back that way.
Yikes! That's insane!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
atari
not established
atari began at the beginning.

Device: /dev/null
Exclamation

This story is quite ominous. The tracking-number associated with my cherrypal-order belongs to a shipment that has no bearing with the one promised by Max Seybold. But see the "package insert" yourself:

Cherrypal – Online Tracking
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Wow they make iRex look competent.

Good luck with your refund Nate.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
This might be worth letting your State Attorney General know about. It looks like a scam/fraud and they might take an interest.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote