Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #631
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Fix -> Check and rename book paths

Note that if the author first name is followed by a period, calibre will use an _ as in Windows you cannot have a folder name ending in a period.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #632
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Fix -> Check and rename book paths

Note that if the author first name is followed by a period, calibre will use an _ as in Windows you cannot have a folder name ending in a period.
That's what it is then - middle initials, etc. creating it and I can't fix it. Thank you for all your help.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #633
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have 9 books that always show up in a "Check no calibre SVG cover" search. I've Replaced Cover using Modify ePub, I've removed cover and re-added using Modify ePub, I've replace using Polish Books. I've examined the code of titlepage.xhtml against the same file for a book that DOESN'T show a missing SVG cover, and the codes are nearly identical - both book have a present and correct <svg> tag.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I tell a lie, using Calbre's Polish Books on the book in question then causes it to no longer be found under a "Check no calibre SVG cover" search
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #634
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
When checking epubs for missing images, I'm getting a lot of these errors in the log:

Quote:
ERROR parsing book: /Users/melbr/Documents/Calibre Library/<book name here>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_epub", line 663, in evaluate_book
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 751, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 786, in _GetContents
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 797, in _RealGetContents
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 263, in _EndRecData
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 22
Any ideas?
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #635
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MelBr - without seeing one of those ePubs myself there is not much I can suggest. It looks like the ePub is corrupted? What happens when you use Tweak ePub to explode the ePub, does that succeed? This is calibre code that is expanding the contents of the book not my plugin code, perhaps Kovid may have a suggestion.
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #636
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Just a quick note to say thank you for this plugin. I've been on a major calibre library cleanup program and this plugin has really, really speeded things up for me considerably.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #637
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
Is it possible to use this plugin to search for "bad" conversions. A specific example is where paragraphs a split:

how and why the bastard does it, but above all stop him. Oh—very important—try to forget about the increasing

distance to the ground. What was it to the top? Seventy-five or eighty feet? That wasn’t much, no, not when one was

If the plugin can't be used do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #638
kiwidude

@rifka - you can specify regular expressions in the Seach ePub feature of this plugin. So for instance something like this would find those cases above:
Code:
[A-Za-z,]</p>\s+<p[^>]*>[a-z]
Of course you may get a lot of false positives as well depending on the type of book (things like inlined poetry etc) - you really need to open the book in Sigil and apply similar expressions to step through each case and decide whether it is really a problem or not...
Old 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #639
rifka
Enthusiast

One more question. And I'm putting it here because I think using the Search epub function of Quality Check is the only way to do it. I have a pile of history books and I am looking for a several specific names in them. But I want it to find that exact match. So for example how can I get it to find Jane but not Janet or West but not Western.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can do this, it will save me hours.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #640
rifka
Enthusiast

Suggested Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@rifka - you can specify regular expressions in the Seach ePub feature of this plugin. So for instance something like this would find those cases above:
Code:
[A-Za-z,]</p>\s+<p[^>]*>[a-z]
Of course you may get a lot of false positives as well depending on the type of book (things like inlined poetry etc) - you really need to open the book in Sigil and apply similar expressions to step through each case and decide whether it is really a problem or not...

Thank you for your help.

Kiwidude can I suggest this as an additional check. I can send you a bunch of examples. I think they are mostly the result of bad conversions from PDF. Some of them are not that bad they just have the page numbers and/or author and/or publisher every few pages. Others are completely unreadable. Let me know if you would like the samples.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #641
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
I am not sure if I have not noted it before or it changed with Calibre 1.1..
Whenever I have two authors (or more) and not all are with comma the switch LN -> FN does not work.

This happens:
Marking
Douglas Preston & Child, Lincoln
Fun Fix, swap author FN LN ..
Preston, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

Doing it again and we are back to

Why does it swap where there is no comma?

Any way out here except manually doing it?
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #642
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
I am not sure if I have not noted it before or it changed with Calibre 1.1..
Whenever I have two authors (or more) and not all are with comma the switch LN -> FN does not work.

This happens:
Marking
Fun Fix, swap author FN LN ..
Preston, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

Doing it again and we are back to

Why does it swap where there is no comma?

Any way out here except manually doing it?
The PI is designed to flip the state of the name.
Your naming is severely not standard.

Use the Tag Browser's rename to get the author in a consistent state
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #643
shyguy
shyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 nT
I get an Error everytime i try to use "Fix -> Check and rename book paths"

Code:
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

calibre 1.3 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 51, in do_book_action
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 187, in evaluate_book
AttributeError: 'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'
Happens to me since I updatd my Portable Version to >= 1.0

Thanks
shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #644
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy View Post
I get an Error everytime i try to use "Fix -> Check and rename book paths"

Code:
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'

calibre 1.3 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 51, in do_book_action
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 187, in evaluate_book
AttributeError: 'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'construct_path_name'
Happens to me since I updatd my Portable Version to >= 1.0

Thanks
Not limited to 'Calibre Portable', Not something I use regularly so I had not noticed before.
Same message on XP wit regular Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #645
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The PI is designed to flip the state of the name.
Your naming is severely not standard.
Beg your pardon?
Why is it severely not standard?

The above refers to authors, not authors_sort in case this is the reason you are surprised.
Authors_sort seems to be ok BTW. But I'd like to swap it in authors and if there is just one name or two and both with comma there is no problem.

Quote:
Use the Tag Browser's rename to get the author in a consistent state
I almost never use the tag browser and I would not know what for? Renaming with the tag browser? *confused*
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote