Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #4771
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2020-10-27
- Fixes for drag-n-drop features.
- Allow better editing of story URLs in edit box.
- Update translations.

Several of the drag-n-drop features broke with the py3 update. I have made some effort to fix them all. You can (in theory):

Drag onto the FFF icon in calibre toolbars:
  • Calibre rows of books to update
  • Links from browser
  • Text containing story links
  • Emails containing story links from mail client (like Thunderbird)
Except for Calibre rows, you can also drag any of the above into the Story URL text edit box when it's open.

You can also now copy/cut/paste text in the open Story URL text edit box more naturally without pastes always appearing at the bottom.

Because this is GUI nonsense, I've tested on Win10 in Calibre 2, 3, 4 & 5 (covering qt4, qt5, py2 & py3) plus MacOS Calibre 4 & 5. I have to borrow the Mac, so I didn't want to install too many versions.

Caveats:
  • I almost always have to drag back and forth across the boundary of the FFF button several times before the 'droppable' cursor displays. Doesn't happen dragging into text box. This is consistent across all versions and OSes and many years. Kovid once told me it was a Qt thing.
  • Dragging existing books onto FFF button in MacOS with Calibre 4 didn't work and caused problems with later drag-n-drops onto the button. I recommend: Don't do that.
  • For reasons I don't know, the Story URL text edit box doesn't update the text cursor all the time when editing. You can edit, but it's not always obvious where you are in the text. I've not had good luck Googling about the issue.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-27-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Forgot the edit caveat.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #4772
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'll grab the test version in a little bit

I figured out my Crossover problem of why it happened after seeing this post again. The regex that removed all the (Movie) or (Video Game) or whatever only removed that, so it returned "Fandom ". When the second regex ran, there wasn't a pattern matching "Fandom " so it didn't get transformed to "Fandom"

While Calibre strips the extra space and merges them together, FFF sees "Fandom " and "Fandom" as two different categories and thus a crossover.

My solution was to add leading spaces to the patterns in the first regex.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-27-2020 at 04:29 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #4773
Vittorio Dumas
Vittorio Dumas began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tablet
Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I have this problem with my Fanficfare with the latest update of calibre 5.3 in which it started with not appearing even when it was installed, then after desintalling and installing againg doesn't download from spacebattles threadmark and only one chapter. Even when updating previous completely downloaded fics, it erase everything only to the last chapter (>0.1). I uninstalled calibre and reinstalled it again but the problem persist. Should I look for a previous version of Calibre or do I need to edit something?
Vittorio Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #4774
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can drag entries from Thunderbird's RSS feed now! It pastes the URL instead of the location of the EML. Also moving entries around in the list works. Thank you.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #4775
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorio Dumas View Post
...installing againg doesn't download from spacebattles threadmark and only one chapter. Even when updating previous completely downloaded fics, it erase everything only to the last chapter (>0.1). I uninstalled calibre and reinstalled it again but the problem persist. Should I look for a previous version of Calibre or do I need to edit something?
The XenForo2 sites (SpaceBattles and SufficientVelocity) changed.

The latest test version of FFF (see link in my sig below) has the fix for it.
Advert
Old 10-27-2020, 10:26 PM   #4776
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

When editing the Reject URL list, sorting by "Note" doesn't work while the others do. Is that a side effect of the dropdown menu?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:18 AM   #4777
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
Hiya Jimm, I noticed an issue. I'm not 100% sure if it was caused by the xenforo changes or not, but I'm unable to get updates on a story from their unlisted forums (requires login to read). My latest update in the EPUB is chapter 3-5, updated on Oct 9th.

The URL is https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dragon-hack-litrpg.766840/

I should mention, I am running on your test version (3.24.10)

That reminds me... In an unrelated to the above problem, I troubleshooted an issue a few months back with being unable to download from (yet another) xenforo forum, QuestionableQuesting (I think). It wouldn't let me download from their NSFW forums due to login issues, even though it had the username/pass saved. I finally manually removed the saved info from the personal.ini and insert it when asked. And then again. And then again. It would not accept the info.

To make a long story short, I figured out the issue. It couldn't handle certain characters in the password and would ignore the input. If I put it manually in the ini, saved it, and then reopened it, the password would be incomplete. I finally just changed the password to something else. The specifics of the character escape me right now, but I think it may have been.. a ! ? Or maybe a #

Last edited by Mandabar; 10-28-2020 at 12:39 AM.
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #4778
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
When editing the Reject URL list, sorting by "Note" doesn't work while the others do. Is that a side effect of the dropdown menu?
Probably.

FFF enables sorting on the table with setSortingEnabled(True). The Note column is a calibre.gui2.complete2.EditWithComplete object. I pass it a sort_func=lambda x:1 parameter, but that's so it doesn't sort the Reject Reasons list. Removing it doesn't allow sorting on the column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandabar View Post
Hiya Jimm, I noticed an issue. I'm not 100% sure if it was caused by the xenforo changes or not, but I'm unable to get updates on a story from their unlisted forums (requires login to read). My latest update in the EPUB is chapter 3-5, updated on Oct 9th.

The URL is https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dragon-hack-litrpg.766840/
SB doesn't giving any indication about the difference between 'thread requires login' and 'thread doesn't exist'. So you need always_login:true to download those.

I'm able to download that story with always_login:true and user/pass in INI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandabar View Post
To make a long story short, I figured out the issue. It couldn't handle certain characters in the password and would ignore the input. If I put it manually in the ini, saved it, and then reopened it, the password would be incomplete. I finally just changed the password to something else. The specifics of the character escape me right now, but I think it may have been.. a ! ? Or maybe a #
The character '%' is special to INI format and needs to be escaped as '%%'. Lines beginning with # (including leading spaces) are comments. That's all I know about.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #4779
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Hello all, I've got a request for anyone willing and able to make adapters(?) for FanFicFare to add a new site to the supported list.

For those who care (I'm sure there's a small group) Lucifael is back with a new site: http://deimos-design.co.uk/lufic/index.php

It's the same kind of site design as many other fanfic sites, so I'm hopeful someone with the required skills can add it in at some point in the near future. He doesn't have many stories back up yet, but he's adding more and I know there is a group of us that love his writing. So help me Obi-Wan... wait, I mean so please help us oh coding guru's!

Thanks!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #4780
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
SB doesn't giving any indication about the difference between 'thread requires login' and 'thread doesn't exist'. So you need always_login:true to download those.

I'm able to download that story with always_login:true and user/pass in INI.
This must be a new change since it worked with previous settings with this unlisted forum's threads. I suppose I will just add that to the same [www.spacebattles.com] section of the ini as where the password goes then.
Yep that worked, thanks Jimm!

Quote:
The character '%' is special to INI format and needs to be escaped as '%%'. Lines beginning with # (including leading spaces) are comments. That's all I know about.
That sounds like it might be the character indeed, they're quite common in my autogenerated passwords. Mostly I was mentioning it so maybe the GUI could give an error/message that the password cannot contain that invalid character for the plugin's purposes.
Can't use 2FA with the need to login for some stories either.

Last edited by Mandabar; 11-17-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #4781
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-10-27
- fiction.live: fixed crash with stories with achievements (introduced in last set of commits) - Thanks, HazelSh
- Update translations.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:54 PM   #4782
kibo
kibo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
trying to download from spacebattles but I keep only getting the first chapter on several that I tried.

Also tried that always_login thing but it didn't solve my issue.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...e-wild.883292/
kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:59 PM   #4783
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibo View Post
trying to download from spacebattles but I keep only getting the first chapter on several that I tried.

Also tried that always_login thing but it didn't solve my issue.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...e-wild.883292/

The current test version has a fix for that. Try installing that, it's on page one of this forum.
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:20 PM   #4784
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Question: Is adding a new anthology based on an AO3 series supposed to add In-Progress/Completed to the book's tags? I can understand it for the status column. I searched plugin-defaults.ini and didn't see anything that seemed related.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:57 PM   #4785
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I haven't tested it recently, but the In-Progress or Completed from individual books should be removed from what goes into calibre tags.

However, AO3 series (uniquely, I believe) has it's own Complete:Yes/No indicator that is set to status as 'Completed' or 'In-Progress' as well as added to calibre tags.

I suppose, arguably, it shouldn't be directly added to calibre tags, since that's usually controlled by include_subject_tags. However, since it happens at a different level of code, I assumed.

Tags
fanfiction