Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #4711
mrEd
mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
True.

However, I've exhausted my interest and energy for playing arms-race with a site I don't read and isn't even fanfic. At least for the time being.

Anybody else want to take a turn at figuring out their latest shenanigans?
adapter_storiesonlinenet.py, line 147
Change
Code:
        params['cmd'] = 'Log In'
to
Code:
        params['cmd'] = 'cred_set'
mrEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #4712
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2020-10-23
- Fix for latest storiesonline login change, thanks mrEd
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 11:19 AM   #4713
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Also, Calibre lets me compare the epub with the original_epub - it's sometimes helpful to see what the author changed.
Are you talking about the 'Compare to anther book' feature in Edit book and you manually find & choose original_epub?

Or is there a direct way I don't know about?
Old 10-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #4714
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Are you talking about the 'Compare to anther book' feature in Edit book and you manually find & choose original_epub?

Or is there a direct way I don't know about?
If you have both the ePub and an original_epub, you can right-click on ePub in the book details pane to compare them.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #4715
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Interesting...

That might have made it worth implementing a 'create original_epub' feature to FFF. But the fact Convert works from original_epub would break auto-convert, and that's a deal breaker.

Apparently, you must not you auto-convert if creating an original_epub before updating doesn't screw things up for you?
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #4716
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think I use auto-convert. And I delete the original_epubs once I don't need them anymore.

It might be worth putting in an enhancement request for a tweak under Save original file when converting/polishing from same format to same format specifying whether to use the original_epub for converts or not.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #4717
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Considering that the ability to run converts (or polishes) from the same source over and over while tweaking settings is the whole point of the original_epub feature, I kind of doubt it.

It's also not the first time we've had this discussion, I see.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:38 PM   #4718
MrKonan
MrKonan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post
I keep getting error: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'" when trying to import from StoriesOnline.net. I googled around and haven't found any solution though.
The test version worked for me. Was able to update 3 books
MrKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #4719
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Considering that the ability to run converts (or polishes) from the same source over and over while tweaking settings is the whole point of the original_epub feature, I kind of doubt it.

It's also not the first time we've had this discussion, I see.
Ah, I didn't think to search original_epub.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #4720
fathertyme
Enthusiast
fathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrEd View Post
adapter_storiesonlinenet.py, line 147
Change
Code:
        params['cmd'] = 'Log In'
to
Code:
        params['cmd'] = 'cred_set'
Thanks MrEd, That did the trick!
fathertyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:18 AM   #4721
GadGray
GadGray began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Would it be possible to add support for https://boxnovel.com

The chapters list is sorted in recent first.
GadGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #4722
GadGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadGray View Post
Would it be possible to add support for https://boxnovel.com

The chapters list is sorted in recent first.
Hmm, or if thats not possible can you point me in the direction to how support is added and I can try myself?
Old 10-24-2020, 12:53 AM   #4723
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Jim is so busy trying to keep up with maintaining current sites that implementing new ones isn't really a priority. See the FAQ: https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/FAQs

Quote:
Please add site XYZ to FanFicFare?
I rarely add new sites myself anymore for several reasons.

Most, if not all, of the new sites requested these days are new fiction or translated fiction instead of fanfiction. Newer, more interactive sites are frequently more difficult to implement. And mostly, I ran out of ambition for adding sites I don't read myself years ago.

These days new sites are mostly added by other people who want to read them. Which is kinda how it should be with an open source project, IMO.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:15 AM   #4724
GadGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Jim is so busy trying to keep up with maintaining current sites that implementing new ones isn't really a priority. See the FAQ: https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/FAQs
Would you happen to know where I can find out how to add site support myself then? I don't mind working it out. I would just need examples to compare what the goal would look like, and how to add it to the plugin.

Last edited by GadGray; 10-24-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:09 AM   #4725
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadGray View Post
Would you happen to know where I can find out how to add site support myself then? I don't mind working it out. I would just need examples to compare what the goal would look like, and how to add it to the plugin.
It is basically downloading the source (or just unpacking the plugin file) and adding a new file in adapters directory plus an import statement for it in the __init__.py file. Then look at the other adapters to see what is needed. I don't remember if there is any sort of development guide, but, that is basically what I have done in the past.

How hard it is depends on the site. The adapter is scraping the page and parsing it. Some are fairly simple. But, some make you wonder how the site works at all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction