Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Obviously I can't speak for anyone else's usage, but I've never needed or wanted to 'refine' any SVG code with this plugin. I only use it for <div> and <span>.
That's sort of where I am, too. I use the plugin for doing bulk edits that would otherwise be unwieldy and/or dangerous with regex. In the unlikely (or at least rare) event that there's something wrong with some SVG code in an epub, I'd find it pretty easy to manually fix it. It's not like there's divs or other inline elements in need of tweaking being used within SVG tags in the first place.

I think I'll proceed with my plan to "exempt" SVG from the plugin's parsing routine. That way it won't be making meaningless whitespace changes to svg code (which will then trigger a rather pointless diff to be verified).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-14-2016 at 08:03 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:30 AM   #62
senhal
Connoisseur
senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.senhal knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Obviously I can't speak for anyone else's usage, but I've never needed or wanted to 'refine' any SVG code with this plugin. I only use it for <div> and <span>.
The same here.
senhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nearly forgot about this. I wanted to post a test version of the "SVG exemption" fix and see if it met with your (@senhal and @jackie_w) approval. If there are no problems, I'll update the first post with this version (I may clean up some code that's not being used anymore first, though).

EDIT: first post updated with v0.3.2. Removing the attachment from this post.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-27-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #64
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Nearly forgot about this. I wanted to post a test version of the "SVG exemption" fix and see if it met with your (@senhal and @jackie_w) approval. If there are no problems, I'll update the first post with this version (I may clean up some code that's not being used anymore first, though).
As far as I can see, using the new plugin to remove empty spans is no longer messing up the SVG cover page.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #65
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, Jackie. I'll wait a while and officially update the plugin (if nothing crops up in the meantime).
Old 06-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #66
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Plugin officially updated to v0.3.2 (only change was excluding SVG tags from being processed by the Span/Div Editor tool).

If anyone is concerned about the zipfile size difference from v0.3.1 to v0.3.2, it's all due to the fact that v0.3.1's zip was created with no compression on any of the files. I forget why I did that at the time. Probably a performance tweak of some kind.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:22 AM   #67
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I have noticed that when using the "smarten punctuation" component there is a problem with the closing quote when italics are used.

So, where for instance the text is
Code:
"<i>some text</i>"
both the initial and the final quote marks are converted to "opening" or left double quotation marks. This may also affect <b> tags but I haven't checked these as they are less likely to appear.

At present I have to run everything through a saved search after smartening the punctuation to resolve this.

Is this something that hasn't been noted or is the algorithm to avoid it too complex and introduces other unwanted issues ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #68
pmorris
pmorris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
Span Div Editor tool

Is there a way to use this tool across multiple htm files at once?
pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #69
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris View Post
Yes, if you select all the htm files BEFORE you open it. And then if you want do more than one change, you have to close it, reselect all the files, and start again.

It would be really nice if you could choose the files in the plugin, as you can with PunctuationSmarten. Even better, just have the default ALL html files, since that's what I need 99% of the time and I suspect most users are also making global changes.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #70
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Yes, if you select all the htm files BEFORE you open it. And then if you want do more than one change, you have to close it, reselect all the files, and start again.

It would be really nice if you could choose the files in the plugin, as you can with PunctuationSmarten. Even better, just have the default ALL html files, since that's what I need 99% of the time and I suspect most users are also making global changes.
This

and
'Run again' instead of only having to Exit, reselect, restart the tool.
I am in cleanup mode. I do chains of varied tasks: de-div, de-span, span to <b>...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #71
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris View Post
You can select All files or current files (right button over the plugin).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 AM   #72
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Tiny Feature Request:

I was working on a book where I wanted to flip nested <strong> -> <b> + <em> -> <i>.

Currently in the "Tag Name" dropdown, you can only choose <b> or <i> as an input. Would be nice to have <strong> and <em> added to that dropdown as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DiapDropdown.png
Views:	512
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	154073

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 01-10-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #73
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Tiny Feature Request:

I was working on a book where I wanted to flip nested <strong> -> <b> + <em> -> <i>.

Currently in the "Tag Name" dropdown, you can only choose <b> or <i> as an input. Would be nice to have <strong> and <em> added to that dropdown as well:

Attachment 154073
I'll take a look. I remember adding those tags somewhere, but it must've been in the Sigil version of the plugin. Shouldn't be hard to do the same here (once I remember how! )

As to others' requests for "multiple runs per session", I consider that a recipe for disaster, myself. But since calibre creates checkpoints that you can "roll back" to (as well as a visual diff), I'll consider it. But seeing as how you probably need to change nearly all of the parameters for the next pass anyway .... I have a hard time seeing how it would be that much of a timesaver. *shrug* Probably not going to be a priority item, I'm sorry to say.

There will be no multiple runs per session considered for the Sigil version of the tool, however. The ability to roll back all changes for a pass instead of committing it is too important in an environment with no checkpoint system in place.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #74
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Even better, just have the default ALL html files, since that's what I need 99% of the time and I suspect most users are also making global changes.
Once you set the plugin to run on all (html) files (or only the current file), it will remember that setting for all future sessions. There's no need have to worry about it any more (unless you want to). Surely that's about as "default" as it gets, no?

In short: unless something has drastically changed in the Editor plugin api since I've last visited this plugin, the "All html files"/"Current html file" setting is a toggle that persists across plugin sessions.

Someone please inform me if this is not still the case.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-12-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #75
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Once you set the plugin to run on all (html) files (or only the current file), it will remember that setting .
Sorry, I just realised this is the "Calibre" version thread. I'm using Sigil, and I can't find such a setting, or any settings for that matter, for Tag Mechanic in Sigil.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote