Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
Txuricata
Txuricata began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Half the screen is working, half is not

Hi! So I had a problem I've posted a couple of days ago: the reader wasn't able to turn on and I've tried everything. It work after charging it for almost 24 straight hours. The thing is that, when it do turn on the left part of the screen still shows the OFF screen (I mean, it's showing the cover of the last book opened as it does when it's OFF) and the other half works properly and it's reactive to touch. What can I do???? I posted a picture of the problem so you guys can see what I'm talking about

https://imgur.com/a/SZoMg

Last edited by Txuricata; 02-04-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added picture link
Txuricata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Did you try a factory reset?

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
A factory reset won't help because the screen is broken. Two options. One is to open the Kobo, if you can remove the screen, find the number and look online for a new screen and replace the screen or buy another Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Looking at the image you posted, it looks very much as if your screen substrate has been broken. No software solution. You can try locating a replacement screen and installing it or take the easier route and replace your ereader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #5
Roamer
Roamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 1st edition
Yo,
Is it in warranty? If it is, take it straight to kobo service center. If not, you can always try to open it, and try reconnecting the screen to the board(saved me once). If the screen remains the same, then you can polish your fixing skills by ordering a replacement screen like in the above opinions(If you are going with this, be careful with the adhesive, dont remove inner layer, one that sticks to screen or it will start showing water on your screen box and touch won't work[personal experience]) or you can always give up on it and buy a new one. Gl with w/e you choose.
Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert