Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #1
elbe00
elbe00 began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 211
Adding libraries

I replaced a hard drive and had to re-install Calibre. I My books sorted in libraries such as Fiction, Non-Fiction, etc. I cannot figure out how to add my additional libraries. Do I need make empty folder and then add them?
elbe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Move your libraries are to the place you want them.

Open Calibre, use the 'library' button.

From the dropdown choose 'Switch/create library...'

In the dialog that opens, choose the path to your first library.

Choose 'Use the previously existing library at the new location' and press 'OK'.

Calibre will then add that library to its list of libraries and you can open it.

Do the same with you other libraries to add them too.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
What if your library you wish to add doesn't show up in the DropDown list? All the libraries are in the same folder, but only half show up on the dropdown list.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:00 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
What if your library you wish to add doesn't show up in the DropDown list? All the libraries are in the same folder, but only half show up on the dropdown list.
The directions in post 2 still apply. The fact that they are not on the dropdown (history) list simply means you haven't switched to that library before.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshni Patel View Post
Is the problem with adding the library? Or something else?
With the user
To use the list, you simply need to Add the Library (entry) by visiting it once.

FWIW Delete only removes the Entry, so you can throw away obsolete (or seldom used) entries, so you can keep your list tidy if that is important.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2018, 12:54 AM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I had a crash which broke the connection to all but 1 of my libraries (the one that was opened). Only those 10 libraries showed up in the NEW LOCATION drop down menu. However, I figured it out and am posting those steps for anybody else who struggles to 'get it.'

Select Switch/Create Library
Click on file icon to the right of the NEW LOCATION menu.
You will open inside a library; click on the top to take you back 1 step out of the library.

You should now just see the Calibre Library folders. Select one and click on the SELECT FOLDER button. Click OK. It will now be added to your Switch option in a dropdown menu.

----
example. I click on the Icon and it opens in the middle of Calibre Library - PERSONAL. I then go to the top of the screen and click on DOCUMENTS (since my libraries are stored in my Documents in Windows). Now all my library folders are displayed. I can then select the library to be added, and click SELECT FOLDER and then OK.

Thanks all!!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
tjapril
tjapril began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quick switch not showing other libraries

I still haven't got this figured out. I installed Calibre on a new computer, and copied the directory that holds all my books and libraries to the new hard drive. Open Calibre, and the only library I see is Calibre. There are 2 libraries not showing, even though they are in the directory that holds the books in the Calibre main library. I don't want to move, create, or rename anything. I just want the 2 libraries previously established to show up on the Quick Switch tab. I know I did this once before when I had to reinstall windows on the old computer.
tjapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
What's your folder structure?

Code:
\library (calibre main)
\old library 1
\old library 2
or

Code:
\library (calibre main)
  |--- \old library 1
  |--- \old library 2
Note, the second structure doesn't work. They have to be separate like in the first structure and you need to manually add each library (old lib 1&2) to calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjapril View Post
I just want the 2 libraries previously established to show up on the Quick Switch tab. I know I did this once before when I had to reinstall windows on the old computer.
No libraries will show up in this list until you actually switch to them one time as outlined in post 2. The Quick Switch tab is simply a history of libraries you have accessed since this install of calibre was installed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote