Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 05:01 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I would like to find an AT&T or unlocked Android phone for my dad. He's been using the 8gb Alcatel phone I bought him last Black Friday, but 8gb is really too small.

I also need a new stand-alone GPS as I accidentally drowned mine when I spilled water in the car and didn't realize mine was in the spot. Tried putting it in rice for a day, but it won't turn on Not sure they have those on sale on Black Fridays anymore since most folks use their phone I guess. But I like having the specified unit (I've had various Garmin Nuvi units in the past, but am open to other brands).

I may also browse new tablets. I love, love, love my Nexus 7 2nd generation, but it's starting to do the won't swipe on thing more often (thankfully I've been able to still get it working each time if I just plug it in even when it has 90% plus charge). It seems to happen when I am out of my home wifi area.

Will probably need to go to the store and look at the tablets. I like that the Nexus isn't so "shiny". I bought my mom a Samsung and hers is too glowy for me even with the screen brightness turned down. That may not make sense, but I'm sure how else to describe it.
I don't think there's enough room on Santa's list for all the stuff you want

Anyway, I'll add your requests to the Wish List shortly.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What about Black Friday deals on the Apple iWatch?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What about Black Friday deals on the Apple iWatch?
Yes, smartwatches will be covered -- see Accessories

Added to Wish List.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I ditched my Chromebook and want to replace it with a Windows version. Last year, they had some for $99, so I'm hoping that deal will be available this year. Since laptops in this price range only come with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, I'll need additional RAM and storage.

I've got my eye on the Echo 2 and Echo Spot, but may just get a larger bluetooth speaker instead. Still undecided, though.

I'm also looking for some 128GB mSD cards.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I ditched my Chromebook and want to replace it with a Windows version. Last year, they had some for $99, so I'm hoping that deal will be available this year. Since laptops in this price range only come with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, I'll need additional RAM and storage.
What made you decide to ditch the Chromebook?

I am also interested in a $99 Windows laptop. What store had them last year?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What made you decide to ditch the Chromebook?

I am also interested in a $99 Windows laptop. What store had them last year?
Battery/charger issues and its inability to support many book-related formats. This is what I posted back in May of this year:

Quote:
Well, I've made the switch back to Windows. My 3.5 year old Acer C720 is developing problems that aren't worth the expense to fix (new battery and power adapter). Battery life is a bit over 3 hours and the constant recharging has created a break in the wiring at the tip. Couple this with the lack of support for many book formats and it's clear that there's no reason to stick with Chrome. So, I'm retiring my C720.

When Black Friday rolls around, I'll get a new Windows laptop in the $100-$150 range.

Adios, Chrome
Dell was selling one last year - see this post

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Those laptops look perfect.

Yes Chromebooks are not worth repairing. I just replaced one of my son's, the screen cracked. I got him a refurbished c720 for $90. I'd asked if he'd rather have a windows unit, he said no!

I have another model that has charging issues, it has to be pressed up against the wall to charge. Each of my 4 kids have a chromebook, they like them. But I would prefer a small windows unit, like the Dells you linked to.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon.com Unwraps its 2017 Holiday Toy List, Electronics Gift Guide and Home Gift Guide

Quote:
Curated gift guides take the guesswork out of gifting and make it easy for customers to discover the perfect present for everyone on their list

Customers can shop products featured in Amazon’s holiday gift guides while on-the-go via the Amazon App or hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 16, 2017-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com today announced the launch of its 2017 Holiday Toy List, Electronics Gift Guide and Home Gift Guide, taking the guesswork out of gifting and helping customers delight their loved ones this holiday season. Thoughtfully curated and inspired by Amazon product experts, influencers, kids and parents, Amazon’s holiday gift guides offer customers quick and easy access to the top gifts for everyone on their nice list. Customers can enjoy the convenience of shopping products featured in the Amazon holiday gift guides from anywhere via the Amazon App or hands-free by voice shopping with Alexa on any Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
Quote:
Electronics Gift Guide

Available at amazon.com/electronicsgiftguide, the 2017 Amazon Electronics Gift Guide features more than 500 of the season’s hottest technology products, including the latest innovations from TVs to gaming systems, all in one convenient location. Tech enthusiasts can browse new releases including the Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth Speaker, Fitbit Ionic smartwatch and DJI Mavic Pro. The Electronics Gift Guide enables customers to shop from more than 10 areas of interest, including Entertainment, Audio & Accessories, Smart Home, Photography, Gaming, Gadgets & Gizmos and more. In addition, shoppers searching for budget-friendly gift ideas can browse the top gifts under $100 for every techie in their life. While shopping the Electronics Gift Guide, customers can enjoy expert reviews, videos from top influencers in their fields and product demonstration videos, further assisting in finding the perfect gift.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

When to expect Black Friday ads to leak this year

Quote:
As I've done the past few years, I've looked at the data from the past several years including when the ad was leaked for some popular stores and what date Black Friday fell on each year. Based on these numbers and this year's Black Friday date (November 24th), here is the "average" day you can expect these ads this year:

November 5: Sears, Sam's Club
November 6: Kohl's, JCPenney, Meijer, Macy's
November 7: Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, Kmart
November 8: Office Depot, Gander Mountain, Walgreens
November 9: Staples
November 10: CVS Pharmacy, Bass Pro Shops
November 11: Dick's Sporting Goods
November 12: Menard's, GameStop
November 13: Lowe's, Old Navy
November 15: Home Depot
November 24: Black Friday 2017
Old 10-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Black Friday sales timing may be based on trying to pre-empt Amazon

Quote:
We’re more than a month away from the Black Friday shopping extravaganza and the predictions are rolling in.
Quote:
For online shopping, the main event could start 9 p.m. on Nov. 22, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, according to the popular holiday website BestBlackFriday.com's annual predictions.

Smaller, surprise sales are expected to pop up earlier that week, too, said Lindsay Sakraida, director of content marketing for DealNews.com.

“Last year, we saw some stores put their deals online unexpectedly Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday," Sakraida said. “We expect to see a lot more of that this year because stores have tried to battle Amazon by taking them by surprise.”
Old 10-24-2017, 03:43 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target Brings Joy to the Holiday Season with New Brands, More Ways to Shop and Save

Highlights - see above link for other offers and details:

Quote:
Gifts Under $15

This year, Target has taken the guesswork out of gifting so guests can feel confident they will find the perfect gift for everyone on their list. With the introduction of four special collections curated for women, men, kids and teens and featuring nearly 1,700 items, most of which are exclusive to Target and under $15, guests can save time and money as they check name after name off their shopping list. These holiday collections, with products ranging from grooming sets for him, stationery for her and hundreds of stocking stuffers for only $1, will be prominently displayed in the main aisles and key departments of Target stores, as well as a dedicated experience on Target.com.
Quote:
Free Shipping -- starts 01 Nov

In addition, Target.com will offer Free Ship to all guests beginning Nov. 1, with no minimum purchase required.
Quote:
Weekend Deals

New this year, Target will introduce Weekend Deals, timed to align with the purchases guests are making while stocking up on everyday essentials and holiday must-haves. Weekend Deals will run Saturdays and Sundays, beginning Nov. 11. Specific deals will be shared at a later time.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:38 AM   #27
brownsmith
brownsmith began at the beginning.

Device: reviews for musicians
Smile Black FriDay

OH Yes !!
I'm really excited for Black Friday. I want shopping lots of item.
brownsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kohl's Black Friday --> ad scan

Doorbusters --> Thu 23 Nov @ 12:01 AM CT (online) & 5 PM local (instore)
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers

Sample Shopping Trips
Quote:
$110 Goo Home + Echo Dot = $47.10 in savings (43%)
  • $5.50 (Chase Visa) + $6.60 (Shop eBates) + $30 (Kohl's Cash) + $5.00 (Yes2You)

$80 Google Home = $23.80 in savings (30%)
  • $4.00 (Chase Visa) + $4.80 (Shop eBates) + $15 (Kohl's Cash) + 80 pts (Yes2You)

$100 spent = $46.00 in savings (46%)
  • $5.00 (Chase Visa) + $6.00 (Shop eBates) + $30 (Kohl's Cash) + $5.00 (Yes2You)

$50 spent = $20.50 in savings (41%)
  • $2.50 (Chase Visa) + $3.00 (Shop eBates) + $15 (Kohl's Cash) + 50 pts (Yes2You)
Chase Freedom Visa
Shop thru -- these portals for extra discounts at select stores
Kohl's Cash = 30% yield
  • get $15 back for every $50 spent --> includes above doorbusters
  • valid 20~25 Nov | redeem 26 Nov~06 Dec | details: see page 62 of ad

Kohl's Promo = 15% off
  • take an extra 15% off --> promo code: SAVEBIG15 --> exp 24 Nov
  • huge restrictions --> above doorbusters NOT ncluded

Kohl's Yes2You Rewards = 5% yield
  • earn 1 point for every $1 spent
  • get $5 back for every 100 points earned
  • get 50 points when you download and sign in on the Kohl's App

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
TM for your Hard work!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:10 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
TM for your Hard work!
Thanks