Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #1306
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Nine titles in Rosemary Rowe's Libertus series have dropped to between $0.99 and $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. This is maybe one of my top ten, definitely top fifteen series, started reading it when I used to have business trips to the UK, and would pick up the paperbacks, nice to see the e-books go on sale. I am in a crunch at work, no time for titles or individual links, but wanted to get bulk links out there in case the price drops are short-lived.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?se...price-asc-rank
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=2.99
Thank you! I love historical mysteries, and this is a completely new author (and series) for me. I've bought the first 9 titles, which are also on sale at Amazon UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #1307
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How many have you got in total so far? As I said, this makes 12 for me, but I think I may have missed one or two.
Amazon says I've collected 21 of them so far. :O

Of the Ed Noon books:
3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,15,17,18,19,20,21,23,25,26,27,28, 29,30

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 10-16-2017 at 06:01 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #1308
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Seymour View Post
No comment

Just had a look at my checklist and we're into the last third now. Just books 1, 2, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 22 that I haven't seen going free.

I understand Dr Drib will be hosting the party on that day!

I buy the beer. Travelers buy the plane fare!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #1309
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Michael Avallone [Ed Noon series]:

HAVE: 1-17, 19, 20, 23-30

MISSING: 18, 21, 22
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #1310
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you! I love historical mysteries, and this is a completely new author (and series) for me. I've bought the first 9 titles, which are also on sale at Amazon UK.
I hope you like them! In Roman Britain, have you tried Ruth Downie's Medicus series (ostensibly with Ruso, the medicus, as protagonist, but I prefer Tilla), Jane Finnis' Aurelia Marcella series, and although it's not totally mystery (I did find the first few titles in the series on the crime shelves in UK bookstores before the series migrated to general or military fiction), Simon Scarrow's Cato/Macro series? My son and I have read that series together for many many years - he's a big military history fan, and I'm a historical mystery person, and that series sort of fits both...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #1311
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Body in the Gazebo is the 19th in the Faith Fairchild series by Katherine Hall Page. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Body-Gazebo-F...dp/B004HD61FE/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-body-in-the-gazebo

Spoiler:
Quote:
Minister’s wife, caterer, and amateur sleuth Faith Fairchild must solve a deadly mystery more than seventy years in the making in The Body in the Gazebo, the nineteenth ingenious whodunit in the delectable, Agatha Award-winning series by Katherine Hall Page. Faith has a lot on her plate as she attempts to solve a Depression Era murder while trying to clear her husband’s name after he is accused of a heartless theft. Poignant, suspenseful, puzzling, and all-around marvelous, The Body in the Gazebo is cozy culinary mystery at its very best—complete with scrumptious recipes from Faith Fairchild’s kitchen and a resolution that would make Dame Agatha Christie proud.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #1312
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My Michael Avallone [Ed Noon series]:

HAVE: 1-17, 19, 20, 23-30

MISSING: 18, 21, 22
You got all those free? I've had some free, but usually am paying 99c. Still have quite a few to get of the later ones. Do they have repeat freebees? I read the first one when I had Kindle Unlimited, but don't own it.

Have: 2-12, 21, 25.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #1313
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You got all those free? I've had some free, but usually am paying 99c. Still have quite a few to get of the later ones. Do they have repeat freebees? I read the first one when I had Kindle Unlimited, but don't own it.

Have: 2-12, 21, 25.

I purchased some of them, but most of them were free.

I bought a bunch of the titles that were 99 cents some time back.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #1314
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Bootlegger's Daughter is the excellent (IMO, but also in a bunch of others' opinions since it won Edgar, Anthony, Macavity and Agatha awards) first title in Margaret Maron's Deborah Knott series. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Bootleggers-D...dp/B008B3JDN8/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Deborah Knott was expected to be a conventional little girl and eventually a conventional woman, worshipped on a pedestal by a conventional husband.

Instead, she became an attorney, infiltrating the old boy network that still rules the tobacco country of Colleton County, North Carolina. Some say her success is a sign of the New South, but no one knows better than she the power of the past—her family’s long history in the area is a major asset in her campaign for district judge. Then again, as the strong-willed daughter of Kezzie Knott—notorious bootlegger, ex-con, and political string-puller—history is also one of her greatest problems.

But it’s an episode from the more recent past that threatens to derail her campaign. As a teen, Deborah used to babysit little Gayle Whitehead for her mother, Janie. One rainy spring day eighteen years ago, both mother and daughter disappeared. When they were found three days later Gayle was dehydrated, dirty, and hungry...and Janie was dead. The unsolved murder became a local legend and an enigma that continues to haunt Gayle, who now begs Deborah to investigate.

With no real faith in her investigative skills, Deborah asks a variety of questions on her campaign tour of the county’s rallies—and soon her attention is distracted from the hurly-burly of politics by troubling new evidence. Deborah now faces the realization that the disadvantages of being the single female candidate in a southern judgeship race, and even the disadvantages of being Kezzie Knott’s daughter, are nothing in comparison to posing a threat to a successful murderer...

Winner of the Edgar, Agatha, Anthony and Macavity awards for Best Novel, Bootlegger’s Daughter was the first full-length novel featuring Deborah Knott.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #1315
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Out of the Past by Renne Pawlish free at Amazon/US
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #1316
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
William Shaw, Breen & Tozer pre-order

An omnibus of books 1-3 in William Shaw's Breen & Tozer series is available for pre-order (13 December 2017) for £3.99 / €3.99 / $9.99 / $4.99 in UK / Ireland / Australia / New Zealand.

The individual books are expensive in New Zealand (about $58 for all three), so $4.99 for the omnibus is a big discount. Perhaps it is a mistake.

Last edited by GeoffR; 10-17-2017 at 07:29 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #1317
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new StoryBundle:

The Fear Bundle curated by Kristine Kathryn Rusch contains mainly newer titles by established authors and some indies, focusing on a multi-genre theme, with suspense-oriented selections ranging from serial killer thrillers to outright supernatural horror.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #1318
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Out of the Past by Renne Pawlish free at Amazon/US
https://www.amazon.com/Past-Reed-Fer...in%3A618073011
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #1319
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Two separate bargains in the US & UK for police procedural crime thrillers by award-winning Norwegian author Jo Nesbø (SYKM, Wikipedia) in his popular Harry Hole series starring a recovering alcoholic Inspector in Oslo:

@ $1.99 USD from HarperCollins, The Devil's Star, #5 in the series. This forms the 3rd part of the overarching “Oslo Trilogy” mini storyarc within the books which sees Harry return to local policing after his initial overseas investigations, but has a pretty good self-contained crime case within it with a clever and tricky whodunnit, and is one of the better titles, IMHO. Apparently, it was selected to be the 1st novel available in English translation back when they started getting ported.

@ £0.99 from Random House's Vintage imprint, The Snowman, #7 in the series with two minor Norwegian Best Novel awards, which is a reasonably self-contained crime case which is also a decent jumping-on point as far as personal/cast developments go, since IIRC this kicked off another mini storyarc running through the next few books. This has recently been adapted into a film starring Michael Fassbender from the X-Men movies. NB: this one is one of the gorier cases in a series that overall doesn't shy away from depictions of violence, in case you might be sensitive about that sort of thing.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #1320
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I just noticed three titles in the Dandy Gilver series by Catriona McPherson are only £0.99 at Kindle UK. I don't really follow Kindle UK much so don't know if these are long-term freebies or recent price drops, but in any case, £0.99 is pretty good. I've read and enjoyed the first two in the series.

Bury Her Deep, #3: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bury-Dandy-...dp/B006L9CMPA/

Dandy Gilver and an Unsuitable Day for a Murder, #6: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dandy-Gilve...dp/B003LPV5AK/

Dandy Gilver and a Bothersome Number of Corpses, #7: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gilver-Both...dp/B008B8DWNU/