Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #16
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Macy & KMart/Sears is Closing stores. Best Buy has ALL their Returns...Open Box on 1/2 the marked price. Don't seem to me they made or are making anything.
Kmart/Sears will be lucky to make it through 2017 alive. They've been on a downward spiral for a very long time. That latest 150 store closure they announced is unlikely to be the last, and they're starting to sell off their brands (they also announced they're selling the Craftsman brand to Stanley). Frankly, I will be seriously surprised if they don't file bankruptcy this year, and if they do a chapter 7 (selling off assets, not a restructuring) is highly likely.

Macy's is struggling, but in comparison to Kmart/Sears they're doing great. Admittedly, in comparison to Kmart/Sears almost everyone is doing great.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #17
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Macy & KMart/Sears is Closing stores. Best Buy has ALL their Returns...Open Box on 1/2 the marked price. Don't seem to me they made or are making anything.

No sure why you buy a Used PC but wont except a PC out of the store that at least has a warranty. Or even an Open Box PC.
I'd rather buy a used business class PC off ebay than a cheap consumer grade new or refurb. I've had very good luck with the used Dell desktops and Lenovo laptops I've bought over the last 15 years. I generally have gotten about 5 years use out of a PC. Obviously old tech, but all I need are basic functions.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #18
Freehunter
Connoisseur
Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4PC, PW2, HD7, calibre
iClever Wall Charger

Saw this in a consumer segment, thought someone might find useful if they have a device that supports Quick Charge. One port is SmartID and the other is SmartID and/or Quick Charge.

Reviewed 4 stars, mostly 5 star reviews but mixed with complaints that fails after about 2 months. I have a different iClever charger and have not had any problems yet.

Quick Charge 3.0, iClever BoostCube+ Qualcomm QC 3.0 30W Dual USB Wall Charger with SmartID Tech for Galaxy S7 S6 Edge, Note 5/4, LG G5 G4, HTC One 10 M9, Nexus 6, iPhone 7 SE 6S 6, iPad and More

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6VQ958

Price: $49.99 Sale: $16.99 see link below for additional discount.
  • Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0: 38% more efficient than the previous version, 4x faster than conventional chargers
  • Boost all: equipped with a 2-in-1(QC3.0 & SmartID) port and the other covers SmartID technology, it ensures maximum charging efficiency and compatibility for all your devices
  • Most compact with foldable plug: fits in your palm, lightweight and easily portable for daily or travel use
  • Safe and reliable: built with industry grade materials and premium circuitry, always protect devices for safe charging process
  • Worldwide universal: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz input makes it world-class charger with foldable plug structure

Specifications:
Input: AC100-240V 50/60Hz Max 1A
Output 1: DC 5V/2.4A(SmartID)
Output 2: DC 3.6V-6.5V/2.4A, 6.5V-9V/2A, 9V-12V/1.5A (SmartID & QC 3.0)

Note:
Only data/sync charging cable can activate quick charging.

Review below includes code to take off additional $6.00 on one charger.

Charge your phone 4 times faster for $11 | WKYC.com
http://www.wkyc.com/money/personal-f...r-11/379833023
Freehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #19
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Are affiliate links allowed? I thought those were no longer allowed at MR.

Because this is the actual link that Freehunter provides:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6VQ958?tag=mr060-20

Last edited by Ravensknight; 01-07-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: learning something every day.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #20
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Are affiliate links allowed? I thought those were no longer allowed at MR.

Because this is the actual link that Freehunter provides:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6VQ958?tag=mr060-20
That is an affiliated link for MobileRead. They added something a few (several/half a year) months back. So every Amazon has the MR tag.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #21
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
That is an affiliated link for MobileRead. They added something a few (several/half a year) months back. So every Amazon has the MR tag.
Not doubting you Kybunnies, but could a mod point me to what K is talking about? The only thing I saw for affiliate links directly negated them:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275318
Old 01-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #22
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I don't know where the official thread is, but a mod told me the same thing when I put my own codes in the self-promo thread. No affiliate codes whether it's to Amazon, Kobo, Walmart--doesn't matter. Only mobileread affiliate codes are allowed now.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #23
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I don't know where the official thread is, but a mod told me the same thing when I put my own codes in the self-promo thread. No affiliate codes whether it's to Amazon, Kobo, Walmart--doesn't matter. Only mobileread affiliate codes are allowed now.
And that is what I want to get clear on. The link I provided said NO affiliate codes, period. No exemptions, nothing. And I thought that was all because of the kerfuffle last year about some site getting kicked off of amazon because of abuse of affiliate links, so MR just cut them so that couldn't happen here. and I thought that included MR as well.

And to Freehunter, sorry for hijacking this.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #24
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
And that is what I want to get clear on. The link I provided said NO affiliate codes, period. No exemptions, nothing. And I thought that was all because of the kerfuffle last year about some site getting kicked off of amazon because of abuse of affiliate links, so MR just cut them so that couldn't happen here. and I thought that included MR as well.

I don't know. The mod did not provide a reason. I figured it was because affiliate income was down everywhere so mobileread was just putting the hammer down and using its exclusive link.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

I don't know where it's posted at, but all links to Amazon products automatically get tagged with this -- ?tag=mr060-20 -- by MobileRead. Freehunter didn't add the tag, MR did.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #26
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Here's the relevant post from Alex.

All links to Amazon posted at MR have a MobileRead affiliate tag added. Hence the "mr" in Freehunter's post.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #27
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Amazon has their PW3 & Voyage on sale!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
"Refurb" Kindle's at Woot...

Kindle (5th Generation) Wi-Fi E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Display, 2GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi - Black - $24.99
Quote:
We're listing these as "Refurbished", but the boxes will be marked "Used - Acceptable". These units will have minor cosmetic blemishes and have been returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by an Amazon technician. The units have been repackaged in a brown box.

Kindle (4th Generation) Wi-Fi E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Display, 2GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi - Graphite - $24.99
Quote:
We're listing these as "Refurbished", but the boxes will be marked "Used - Acceptable". These units will have minor cosmetic blemishes and have been returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by an Amazon technician. The units have been repackaged in a brown box.

Kindle Touch Wi-Fi + 3G E-Reader (Includes Special Offers), 6" E-Ink Touchscreen Display, 4GB Internal Storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi, AT&T 3G Connectivity - Graphite - $34.99
1-year protection plan available through Square Trade for $8.99
Quote:
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
None of those at WOOT have lights. But I think its great pricing for them!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
None of those at WOOT have lights. But I think its great pricing for them!
Depending on your perspective that could be a good thing. In the almost 4 years I've been using my Aura HD I've turned on the light about 6 times for fairly brief periods.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote