Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free at Google Play...

Adam Lambert: The Original High

The Very Best Of Grateful Dead

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-14-2016 at 10:42 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free Beethoven's 7th Symphony performed by Gustavo Dudamel and the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela (various formats)

http://d1klbhzm458804.cloudfront.net/index80.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #34
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I went through and got all the free Playlist albums last time but didn't have these two already, so they may not be repeats. Just wanted to give everyone who got them previously a heads up to check.

Thanks for the post!
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Prime Memberships for $73 --> 15 Jan ~ 17 Jan

Quote:
Also starting Friday January 15, at 9:00 p.m. PT and concluding at 11:59 p.m. local time, Sunday January 17, and in celebration of Mozart in the Jungle’s multiple wins at the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards, Amazon Prime will be available for just $73. New members can sign-up for this limited-time Prime offer at www.amazon.com/MozartPrime.
My guess is that Amazon will prevent gift memberships on this offer just like they did the last time. But, it's worth trying anyway. You never know.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #36
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
New Prime Memberships for $73 --> 15 Jan ~ 17 Jan

My guess is that Amazon will prevent gift memberships on this offer just like they did the last time. But, it's worth trying anyway. You never know.
My Prime membership actually ends that week, just a few days after the promo. I'm planning on letting it run out. Too bad they are so strict about these promos, they would have gotten me to re-up at that price.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #37
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
My Prime membership actually ends that week, just a few days after the promo. I'm planning on letting it run out. Too bad they are so strict about these promos, they would have gotten me to re-up at that price.
It's also annoying that they're able to fund their TV series and movies in large part thanks to the existing Prime members (both subscriptions and purchases), but they say thanks by only giving the discount to new members...

Gee, thanks Amazon.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #38
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Mine ends on January 22 - I also signed up last year during the Golden Globe sale. I'm also not renewing at full price (but I would have for $73 ).
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #39
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
Mine ends on January 22 - I also signed up last year during the Golden Globe sale. I'm also not renewing at full price (but I would have for $73 ).
Mine ends on the 23rd. I can justify Prime at around $70, but I don't use the music much, most of their video content is old HBO stuff that doesn't interest me. With occasionally using shipping, occasionally listening to Prime Music, and watching a series of something like Justify, Bosch, and a few others, it is worth it to me at the lower price, but $99 a year is harder for me to justify. I know some people using it for constantly shipping things, but I don't use it that much.
I sent feedback awhile back telling them I would be interested in their digital stuff at around $6 a month if they had a separate service for it. I also think it is a huge mistake for Amazon not to offer monthly payments on Prime for customers in good credit standing, like they offer with buying Amazon products on payment plans--they have suckered me into to doing that a few times Sometimes it is easier to justify $8 a month rather than $99 all at once. A few people might abuse the monthly payment option, but most would probably just put it in their budget and forget it like I do with Netflix.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #40
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
If you live full-time on the road, often where only a small town is reasonably close, Amazon becomes your Sears-on-the-Plains, and free 2-day shipping becomes more reasonable...
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #41
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
I also think it is a huge mistake for Amazon not to offer monthly payments on Prime for customers in good credit standing, like they offer with buying Amazon products on payment plans--they have suckered me into to doing that a few times Sometimes it is easier to justify $8 a month rather than $99 all at once. A few people might abuse the monthly payment option, but most would probably just put it in their budget and forget it like I do with Netflix.
They could get around a lot of abuse by making it where you can't actually cancel early, and if you try you get charged the remaining amount for the year. (Sort of like an early termination fee on cell phones.) Or simply require a credit card to sign up and a minimum subscription period of however long they feel is cost effective. (I'd suggest six months minimum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
If you live full-time on the road, often where only a small town is reasonably close, Amazon becomes your Sears-on-the-Plains, and free 2-day shipping becomes more reasonable...
It's handy all around for me, I often can find stuff on Amazon cheaper than I can get locally (even if you define local as including the big city an hour away). I can wait two days for stuff to save a couple of bucks, and over a year I save more than $100 easy.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 PM   #42
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
They could get around a lot of abuse by making it where you can't actually cancel early, and if you try you get charged the remaining amount for the year. (Sort of like an early termination fee on cell phones.) Or simply require a credit card to sign up and a minimum subscription period of however long they feel is cost effective. (I'd suggest six months minimum.)

It's handy all around for me, I often can find stuff on Amazon cheaper than I can get locally (even if you define local as including the big city an hour away). I can wait two days for stuff to save a couple of bucks, and over a year I save more than $100 easy.
We just saved $18 on two calendars. Not to mention the free shipping.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #43
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
For those of you who signed up a year ago - my Prime was expiring on the 24th so I cancelled early, tonight, and was eligible for the discount immediately (it shows $99 when added to basket, but the discount kicks in once you start checkout.) I had to go thru CS chat to cancel because it was too late in the system to use the automated button, but they were very quick/helpful. The whole thing took less than 10 minutes, including both a cancellation & a confirmation/welcome email.

I am very happy this evening...

Last edited by mitford13; 01-17-2016 at 11:02 AM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:03 PM   #44
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
$.99 @ Google Play

Blake Shelton - 20 #1s (21 now)
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection
Phil Collins - The Hits
Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
The Cars - The Complete Greatest Hits
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Furious 7 soundtrack
Green Day - Dookie
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Staples -- iTunes Gift Card Sale -- exp unknown -- limit 3 per customer, free shipping
  • $40 -- iTunes $50 Gift Card
  • $80 -- iTunes $100 Gift Card
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere