Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
FREE/BARGAIN — Media Deals (non-eBook/non-audiobook)

In this thread we point out free and bargain non-eBook/non-audiobook media deals (music, movies, streaming, Amazon coins, apps, etc.).

Be aware that sometimes freebies last only days (sometimes hours) so grab them quickly.

The thread from 2015 can be found here.

ETA - Media Deals allowed in this thread - digital & physical
  • Amz Coins | Apps | Games | Gift Cards | Magazines | Music | Streaming | Videos | etc

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-28-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added list of media deals
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Missed the last thread ... Now making sure I don't miss this! Happy New Year!!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 02:19 AM   #3
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Fixer Upper Season 1 SD Free Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Old-Bu.../dp/B00JXD064K
Click more purchase options
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Free $10 Amazon Credit with $50 Amazon Gift Card Purchase -- exp 31 Jan

If you've done this before, you won't qualify. You'll get this message:
Quote:
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer.

For those who qualify, use this promo code -- 0116GCARDS
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Great find. Amounts to a 20% discount. I haven't done it before, so I guess that I qualify. And there certainly won't be any trouble with me using all $50 at Amazon, in rather short order I might add.

Thanks. I would send you some karma, but I've sent you karma too much lately and they won't let me send you anymore right now. But it's the thought that counts, right? At least that's what I said to myself when I got that ugly tie for Christmas. ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-02-2016 at 05:45 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:

Thanks, Monkey!

FYI - at least for me - the offer applies only to gift cards sent by snail mail, not to e-gift cards.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Poor Amazon!

I think that we shouldn't take them up on this gift card deal. They only set records for holiday shipping, Christmas Eve deliveries, vacation deliveries, and new Prime members (only 3 million during this past Christmas rush) this holiday season. That's all!

I think that we need to take up a collection for them, instead. Is anyone with me?
Old 01-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
For people who recently got the newest Chromecast, what device works best for you as a remote? Works fine with my Nexus 7, but I wasn't able to find the casting for a Nook HD, and the 2012 Fire HD which runs Android (not Fire) will also not cast to the TV.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #9
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
For people who recently got the newest Chromecast, what device works best for you as a remote? Works fine with my Nexus 7, but I wasn't able to find the casting for a Nook HD, and the 2012 Fire HD which runs Android (not Fire) will also not cast to the TV.
I have two little LG Fuel phones, one in each room that work well as remotes/casting devices. Also have an Acer tablet, and a Moto E (first edition) that work well. Nook HD works only with some apps, its an old version of Android at this point. Amazon is lousy as a remote because they have changed Android so much. Pretty much any phone or tablet with Kit Kat Android and up should work well.
Also Chrome Browser will work, just add the Chromecast extension.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #10
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

This may be a targeted promotion. They tell me that I don't qualify, but I'm almost certain that I have never taken advantage of such a deal before.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:33 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
This may be a targeted promotion. They tell me that I don't qualify, but I'm almost certain that I have never taken advantage of such a deal before.
Yeah. I've never done it before either, but am never eligible when the deal comes up.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yeah. I've never done it before either, but am never eligible when the deal comes up.
Could be. I know I've done this once in the past and since then, have never qualified again.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #13
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I qualify but I don't shop at Amazon except for free ebooks.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I qualify but I don't shop at Amazon except for free ebooks.
If it's a targeted thing, maybe that's why you qualify. Maybe Amazon wants to get you spending some money with them, get into the routine, keep spending . . . . Who knows? I know that they, like all successful companies, are constantly looking for things that will increase revenue and/or profit (right now, Jeffrey (Bezos) is not interested in profit, from what I hear. He wants to dominate the retail business in the U.S. (that's straight from him)).
Old 01-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #15
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Could be. I know I've done this once in the past and since then, have never qualified again.
And after all of the audiobook business that you have sent Audible's way!!! What ingratitude! hahaha

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere