Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #46
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
I usually don't care for any of the Kindle First options, but this time I had a hard time choosing. I ended up going with the Supreme Court thriller.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
I usually don't care for any of the Kindle First options, but this time I had a hard time choosing. I ended up going with the Supreme Court thriller.
I agree! This month's selections are an improved offering. And I picked the same one!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #48
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm torn between Artful and Supreme Justice.

UPDATE: I decided on Artful.

Last edited by jersysman; 06-01-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Decided on which Kindle First book.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #49
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Went with The Fracking King. Sounds good.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #50
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Still nothing for me, sadly. You wouldn't think that ebooks could constitute clutter, but I'm learning they can. No point in acquiring an endless number of books I'll have to scroll past without ever wanting to read them.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #51
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Still nothing for me, sadly. You wouldn't think that ebooks could constitute clutter, but I'm learning they can. No point in acquiring an endless number of books I'll have to scroll past without ever wanting to read them.
I usually try to get one, since it's a benefit of Amazon Prime and I'd like my money's worth. But if there's not anything that seems even vaguely interesting to me or my mother (who gets a shot if I dislike them all), I do pass. While I haven't read any of the ones I've gotten so far, that's not too surprising since I haven't been reading novels much lately and have been reading mostly manga.

I went with Artful this time, it sounded pretty interesting.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #52
Traciinaz
Enthusiast
Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Paperwhite 4, Nook 7" Tablet
Smile

I went with Artful. I'm a fan of Peter David's work so this month's pick was an easy one for me.
Traciinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Vampires??? no way!

I went with Supreme Justice
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #54
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Vampires??? no way!

I went with Supreme Justice
My understanding was that the Supreme Court is composed entirely of vampires. They're needed to galvanize the various zombies in the Senate and House of Representatives.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
My understanding was that the Supreme Court is composed entirely of vampires. They're needed to galvanize the various zombies in the Senate and House of Representatives.
LOL ...say it ain't so
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #56
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I ended up skipping the June book by accident, because I couldn't decide (none really jumped out at me) and then forgot to go grab something last night.

Here are the July selections...

Inamorata by Megan Chance
Quote:
American artist Joseph Hannigan and his alluring sister, Sophie, have arrived in enchanting nineteenth-century Venice with a single-minded goal. The twins, who have fled scandal in New York, are determined to break into Venice’s expatriate set and find a wealthy patron to support Joseph’s work.

But the enigmatic Hannigans are not the only ones with a secret agenda. Joseph’s talent soon attracts the attention of the magnificent Odilé Leon, a celebrated courtesan and muse who has inspired many artists to greatness. But her inspiration comes with a devastatingly steep price.

As Joseph falls under the courtesan’s spell, Sophie joins forces with Nicholas Dane, the one man who knows Odilé’s dark secret, and her sworn enemy. When the seductive muse offers Joseph the path to eternal fame, the twins must decide who to believe—and just how much they are willing to sacrifice for fame.
As Red as Blood by Salla Simukka (Owen Witesman, translator)
Quote:
In the midst of the freezing Arctic winter, seventeen-year-old Lumikki Andersson walks into her school’s dark room and finds a stash of wet, crimson-colored money. Thousands of Euros left to dry—splattered with someone’s blood.

Lumikki lives alone in a studio apartment far from her parents and the past she left behind. She transferred into a prestigious art school, and she’s singularly focused on studying and graduating. Lumikki ignores the cliques, the gossip, and the parties held by the school’s most popular and beautiful boys and girls.

But finding the blood-stained money changes everything. Suddenly, Lumikki is swept into a whirlpool of events as she finds herself helping to trace the origins of the money. Events turn even more deadly when evidence points to dirty cops and a notorious drug kingpin best known for the brutality with which he runs his business.

As Lumikki loses control of her carefully constructed world, she discovers that she’s been blind to the forces swirling around her—and she’s running out of time to set them right. When she sees the stark red of blood on snow, it may be too late to save her friends or herself.
Rain Girl by Gabi Kreslehner (Lee Chadeayne, translator)
Quote:
Veteran homicide detective Franza Oberwieser prefers her job in the winter. Summer is for growing, not for dying. So when the body of a beautiful young woman is found on the autobahn, dressed in a glittering party dress and bathed in June rain, Franza is determined to give her justice.

Revealing victims’ hidden lives is part of the job, but as Franza and her partner, Felix, peel back the layers shrouding the girl’s disturbing past, darker mysteries emerge. Everyone has something to hide—even Franza, who must face her own secrets to reveal the truth.
The Empty Quarter by David L. Robbins
Quote:
Every member of the Special Ops US Air Force pararescue jumpers, the PJs, swears by the motto “That Others May Live.” A top-secret mission to save a kidnapped Saudi princess will put that oath to the ultimate test.

With a force of armed men, a former mujahideen chases across the desert of Yemen to recover his Saudi wife, kidnapped by her powerful father, a prince of the Kingdom. The kidnapping turns violent, she is badly wounded, and the PJs are dropped into the vast sere badlands to rescue the princess and a young American diplomat swept up in the plot. The mission becomes a minute-by-minute race between the pursuing husband’s band of tribal allies and the PJs rushing to the rescue, as the princess’s life seeps away.

The Empty Quarter is a pulse-quickening tour de force featuring the tactics and men of modern combat search-and-rescue and the complex politics of today’s Arabian peninsula. It’s a moving tale of desperate love and sacrifice set in the wastes of the Rub’ al Khali, the world’s largest and harshest sand desert.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #57
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I always mean to look at these at the END of the month, when there is a substantial body of reviews, but then I forget.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #58
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I got Inamorata by Megan Chance. I like Historicals.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #59
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I got Rain Girl, sounded good.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #60
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is a promotional credit that is available with July's selections.

Quote:
Promotion Details

If you purchase a select mystery or thriller Kindle book between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014, you will automatically receive an email from Amazon.com with a promotional code that will allow you to purchase the four Kindle books listed here for $1.99 each.

Only the four Kindle books listed here are eligible for this promotion – you can use your code to purchase each of the four Kindle books here for $1.99 each.

The promotional code will be valid until this promotion expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on August 31, 2014.

Offer Terms & Conditions

The promotional offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PST August 31, 2014.

You received a promotional offer to purchase each of the books shown here for $1.99 because you purchased a select mystery or thriller Kindle book between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014. Please note, no Kindle book delivered after July 31, 2014 will qualify for an offer toward an additional purchase.

The promotional offer is valid on the four Kindle books shown here; purchaser will be responsible for payment to Amazon.com for the final price of the Kindle books with discount, plus applicable taxes.

The promotional offer can only be used for the Kindle books displayed here
Promotional offer is valid only for purchasers located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.

Limit one promotional offer per customer and account.

Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.

Offer may not be combined with other offers.

If you return items purchased using a promotional offer, we will subtract the value of the offer from your return credit.

Amazon.com reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.

Void where prohibited.
the attached image are the books that were offered to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle promotion.JPG
Views:	631
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	124840  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote