Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #16
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I'll be giving this a shot this weekend, but with a twist. I currently use a homemade Reader case made from a hollowed out book. I am going to try and incorporate some of your design into my stand. We'll see if/how it turns out.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #17
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Thanks and no thanks

This is meant to be a DIY. Simple in design, cheap in materials, easy craftsmanship, and will serve you equally well even if your outcome is not perfect. Just give it a try.

And if you tell us how it went and what you like and dislike, I will feel more than rewarded.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
Peto
Legal Alien

A hollowed book? Cool. Ups! Sorry for the rep.

Last edited by Peto; 05-30-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #19
Peto
Legal Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
I'll be giving this a shot this weekend, but with a twist. I currently use a homemade Reader case made from a hollowed out book. I am going to try and incorporate some of your design into my stand. We'll see if/how it turns out.
A hollowed book? Cool.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #20
fulcrum
fulcrum began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Peto... I just wanted to say this is an awesome looking addition for the reader. I'll have a go at building one myself. Thanks so much for taking the time to draw up the plans and instructions.
fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
Peto
Legal Alien

Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #22
Peto
Legal Alien

Spanish version added.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
alaouet
alaouet doesn't litteralaouet doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Hola Peto. Muy buen truco. Lo voy a probar muy pronto. Ya te dí las gracias en vagos.es donde paseo de vez en cuando bajo el apodo "Juanitonto", pero dos "gracias" valen más que ningunas... y la verdad que te las mereces
alaouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Very cool idea, and generous to offer free instructions. Muchas Gracias!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #25
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Hahaha! I am flattered.

My idea is to publish the plans and detailed instructions so anyone can build his/her own for free. I might, if there is an interest, consider selling the finished product, but I think that, although time consuming, the process is rather simple and everyone should try to adapt and build his own design having mine for reference.

The construction manual is almost finished. I only wanted to us the base a few days to find what I liked and disliked and then correct it, but happily it performs far better than I expected.

Is there a way to upload a PDF right away?
In this age of "Its all about me" your post was a refreshing surprise.
Ride on Bro " Crackers"
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #26
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Hello again,

I hope you like this simple bed bookchair I designed. This is the 1st complete prototype and probably the last one, because I have been using it for three days and I think it turned out better than I expected.

The gadget is really stable and can be used placed on the lap to read sitting or on top of the stomach when lying.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=v2CIOtQjR4o

Forgot to mention it on the video, the top flap is to attach the book light.
Pretty cool. I solved the problem by putting my 505 on a tether made of 1/8" elastic.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #27
Peto
Legal Alien

The plans have been one year online already and no feedback.

Nobody tried out the concept?

Old 02-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Oh, nifty!
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #29
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
I built one and it is EXCELLENT!! I actually have an EZ Reader (not a PRS-505) and I wanted to be able to keep it in the case (it's a real pain to take the reader out of the case) even when it was in the stand so I modified the size but otherwise followed the plans. Thank you so much for posting this!
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 AM   #30
Peto
Legal Alien

So happy. Thanks for the feedback.