Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
jimdefilippi
Jim DeFilippi
jimdefilippi doesn't litterjimdefilippi doesn't litter

Device: B&N's nook
1 TUF Read

If you have been waiting with bated breath, or even bait-scented breath, for the second book in my Big Lulu crime series, it has arrived.

TUF—featuring sentences even longer and more incomprehensible than ever, with a Forward by Huckleberry Finn—is now available at Amazon’s Kindle Store and Barnes and Noble’s Nook Books.

Here are some early reviews:

“You’ve never read a book like this. Why would anyone want to?”

“Adds new levels of meaning to the term ‘unreadable’.”

“Rather than simply pushing the envelope of good taste in crime novels, this book takes the envelope, folds it into a paper airplane, and sails it out a second story window during a gale.”

“ ‘Experimental’ in the most failure-laden sense of the word.”

“If FINNEGAN’S WAKE had been written by a dumb guy…”

“Experts have studied the manuscript and agreed that it is probably written in English.”

“Warning: The Surgeon General has advised that reading TUF may result in mild to moderate convulsions.”

“A delightful mix of the neurotic and psychotic.”

“As an audio book? Only a Kenyan marathoner would have the lung capacity to get through one of the sentences.”

“If this is a typical crime novel then Alanis Morissette is an ashtray.”

“About ninety-thousand words, of which eighty-five thousand are superfluous.”

“If BUF (the first Big Lulu crime novel) was a book out in right field with a catcher’s mitt, then TUF is standing in foul territory wearing goalie gloves. On the wrong hands.”

"Winner or the 2012 Longfellow Award for longest sentences in a single work of fiction."

"This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen."—Joseph A. Citro, author

…seriously though, I’ve really gone off the deep edge on this one. I’d have to recommend you check out the free partial available at the sale sites before you do anything drastic that you might regret.

http://http://www.amazon.com/TUF-Lul...438783&sr=1-14
jimdefilippi is offline   Reply With Quote