Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #1936
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Right. Top tier is $24 more a year, not the middle tier
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #1937
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Skipped math class a lot?
Don't be too hard on him - mittens don't have fingers and toes.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #1938
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A few deals I've run across today...

Free Three Months of HiFi Music Streaming from TIDAL - via Groupon

https://www.groupon.com/deals/tidal-...81c35caba30INT
Quote:
TIDAL, an artist-owned music-streaming service and entertainment platform, brings fans and their favorite performers closer together through on-demand access to more than 48.5 million songs, 175,000 videos, and other digital content, including artist interviews and playlist recommendations.

The service allows music lovers in 52 countries all around the globe to enjoy high-fidelity sound quality, along with high-resolution video, and expertly-curated editorial content.

Free movie rental from Microsoft...

Anaconda (1997)
Quote:
A documentary film crew strays into dangerous territory when it takes on a passenger obsessed with exploring the habitat of the world's largest snake.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...DkUBJ2R2b5LpNw

Amazon Video has The LEGO Batman Movie (Digital HD) for $2.49 [be sure to click purchase and not rent]

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Batman-M.../dp/B01MUI1NPD
Quote:
Bruce Wayne must not only deal with the criminals of Gotham City, but also the responsibility of raising a boy he adopted.

Starring: Will Arnett, Zach Galifianakis
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 AM   #1939
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Free movie at GooglePlay, Amityville: The Awakening
https://play.google.com/store/movies...id=ctwalU3o7MY
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:42 AM   #1940
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
"Bye-bye", Disney Movies Anywhere; "Hello", Movies Anywhere!

Judging by the action in FREE/BARGAIN — Media Deals (non-eBook/non-audiobook), it's easy to surmise many of us MobileReaders are Hollywood insiders - at least to the extent that we learned via email this week and didn't have to find out in the news like the hoi polloi did - about the following developments at Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) and the new digital movie locker service Movies Anywhere, and about the limited-time-only free bonus movie bribes -er, incentives - to promptly register a Movies Anywhere account and link to it one's Vudu, iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Movies accounts.

Why the freebie incentives? And, why are tbey limited-time-only?

Some Hollywood studios are not yet participating in Movies Anywhere, most notably, Lionsgate and Paramount. However, the media pundits, industry analysts, and internal DMA and Movies Anywhere stakeholders believe those heavyhitter holdouts will climb aboard once Movies Anywhere membership reaches critical mass.

Here's what's afoot, as announced at DMA Support, Variety, and elsewhere:

Disney Movies Anywhere Support
  • Excerpts
Quote:
Disney Movies Anywhere is going away soon. Join MOVIES ANYWHERE and transfer your movies now.
Quote:
Movies Anywhere makes the movie watching experience easier and better by offering one home for your favorite purchased movies from iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play and Vudu.
Stephanie Prange. (October 11, 2017). "Movies Anywhere App Launches With Joint Studio Backing". Variety.
  • Excerpts
Quote:
With the advent of Movies Anywhere, Disney Movies Anywhere will go away, and consumers will be able to join Movies Anywhere and transfer their movies into their new Movies Anywhere account,
Quote:
Viewers can start streaming a movie on one device and finish it on another. Two viewers can watch the same title on different devices at one time, and up to four viewers can stream different content on different devices at the same time. Consumers can access their library on Amazon Fire devices, Android mobile and tablet devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, the Roku platform and popular web browsers.
Quote:
To entice consumers to join Movies Anywhere, the service is offering up to five free digital movies. When consumers link to the first retailer on the service, they get free access to “Ghostbusters” (2016) and “Ice Age.” Linking to a second retailer gives consumers free access to “Big Hero 6,” “Jason Bourne” and “The Lego Movie.” The service plans a big marketing and advertising push including support from participating studios and digital retail partners. The tagline is “Your movies together at last.
Elsewhere

Last edited by Froide; 10-14-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #1941
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Connecting the accounts was quick and painless. The 5 free movies show up immediately. However (since only some of the studios have signed on as noted in the linked post in MR News) only some of my movies from those accounts showed up (less than half).

Once you have connected the accounts you can view the movies on any of them from the apps of any of the services, a bonus if you prefer the playback of one app. For me, on Roku, playback performance on the Vudu app is much better overall than the Amazon app, especially fast forwarding and rewinding but not just that. The Google Play app playback is the worst with many many problems encountered.

Also, only movies are connected not TV seasons or episodes which are a bigger part of my accounts.

Last edited by keithdt; 10-14-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Removed deleted quote.
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #1942
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I already had one of the movies free from elsewhere, but as keithdt said it was quick and easy to sign up.

I can no longer tell which films were originally Google Play, Disney, Sony, or UltraViolet as now they all show up under Google Play, Vudu, and Movies Anywhere. Oh well, it will be nice to have everything together in one spot (or in more than one spot - lol).

I couldn't add my iTunes as it says I need a compatible device. So the movie studios may be playing well together but Android and Apple still don't get along
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #1943
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keithdt and library addict have excellently captured the experience, for better and for worse, of setting up, connecting to, and then using Movies Anywhere. I like the concept and purpose of this new digital locker service, but its execution is still a work in progress and imperfect.

Like keithdt, I have many movies and tv shows that didn't transfer to Movies Anywhere (at this stage). And like library addict, I'd be hard put to remember where I acquired some movies that did transfer, if I weren't so anal about cataloguing my digital videos and audio works in Calibre (and when warranted, in MediaMonkey). Also like library addict, I'm an Android user and didn't appreciate the need to connect my iTunes content using either an iOS device or iTunes for Windows. Seems to me Apple's making that a requirement contradicts the whole "collect and consume your digital movies using the sources and devices you choose" idea.

Last edited by Froide; 10-14-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #1944
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Very happy to see this. It is great being able to pull all my movies together from several services. It was a hodgepodge before with my movies scattered across Amazon, Google, and Vudu. Hopefully the few holdout movie companies will get on board.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #1945
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free video game until sometime around 10 AM Pacific Time on Saturday, October 21st from Humble Bundle, apparently as part of a general promotion for their stuff which isn't attached to a particular Humble Store sale:

Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete, another installment in the highly popular RL historical era-derived turn-based world-building strategy game franchise (Wikipedia for series, additional entry for this particular game), apparently including all the expansion packs @ the Humble Store (Windows-only via Steam key, must have Steam account linked to your HB account and redeem key in the Steam app before November 4th.)

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete, the latest offering in the Sid Meier's Civilization III franchise, provides gaming fans with Sid Meier's Civilization III, the highly-addictive journey of discovery, combined with the updated and enhanced multiplayer expansion pack Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World*, as well as all of the great new civilizations, scenarios, and features from Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests! Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete provides more ways to explore, more strategies to employ, more modes of play, and more ways to win, all in one box!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #1946
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
Connecting the accounts was quick and painless.
What if my existing Disney account is tied to a different email account than the rest of my streaming content, and I *don't* want to use the Disney address for the new account?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #1947
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
What if my existing Disney account is tied to a different email account than the rest of my streaming content, and I *don't* want to use the Disney address for the new account?
My Amazon account has a different email than my Vudu and Disney accounts. You put each email address in separately.

So you should be able to download the app/sign up online for the movies anywhere service with whatever email address you want to use. Then import your various (Vudu, Google, Amazon, iTunes) libraries. I used the app on my tablet and it asked me if I wanted to sync my Disney account at one point as well.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #1948
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
My Amazon account has a different email than my Vudu and Disney accounts. You put each email address in separately.

So you should be able to download the app/sign up online for the movies anywhere service with whatever email address you want to use. Then import your various (Vudu, Google, Amazon, iTunes) libraries. I used the app on my tablet and it asked me if I wanted to sync my Disney account at one point as well.
Thanks. Right now, I'm about 95% Vudu, with various stragglers/cheapies/freebies on Disney, iTunes, FandangoNow and Google.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:52 AM   #1949
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Target -- Free Shipping -- starts 01 Nov

Target Brings Joy to the Holiday Season with New Brands, More Ways to Shop and Save

Quote:
In addition, Target.com will offer Free Ship to all guests beginning Nov. 1, with no minimum purchase required.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #1950
Froide
Wizard

I haven't seen any posts about the recurring free Kindle ebook giveaways the IHG Rewards Club introduced in November 2016. I recently became aware of these after poking around in the IHG app. I haven't yet downloaded any of the Kindle freebies.

You can read details at: https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...member-benefit

Excerpt:
Quote:
Kindle Singles and Kindle editions of Amazon Publishing books will be offered to members based upon their membership level:
  • Club members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing bi-annually
  • Gold Elite members will be eligible to receive one Kindle Single or Kindle book from Amazon Publishing per quarter
  • Platinum Elite members will be eligible to receive two Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter
  • Spire Elite members will be eligible to receive three Kindle Singles or Kindle books from Amazon Publishing per quarter
Are any MobileReaders availing themselves of this offer?

Last edited by Froide; 04-01-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere