Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #601
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I ultimately went with Happy Dreams. I would have picked Mad City, but saw the reviews mentioning how badly written it was. I looked at a sample, and wow, they aren't kidding. There's run-on sentences galore, as well as lots of extraneous words. It's painful to read even a couple of paragraphs. Happy Dreams will at least be interesting for a view of what life is like in China and won't cause headaches from the prose.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #602
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder that this will probably be the last day to pick up one of this month's selections, if you haven't already.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #603
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I did, too, and am enjoying it a lot at 25% read.
I haven't read it yet only the sample, which I thought was interesting.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #604
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This month's Kindle First selections are out, they are:

A Tangled Mercy: A Novel by Joy Jordan-Lake [Genre: Book Club Fiction]
Quote:
Told in alternating tales at once haunting and redemptive, A Tangled Mercy is a quintessentially American epic rooted in heartbreaking true events examining the harrowing depths of human brutality and betrayal, and our enduring hope for freedom and forgiveness.

After the sudden death of her troubled mother, struggling Harvard grad student Kate Drayton walks out on her lecture—and her entire New England life. Haunted by unanswered questions and her own uncertain future, she flees to Charleston, South Carolina, the place where her parents met, convinced it holds the key to understanding her fractured family and saving her career in academia. Kate is determined to unearth groundbreaking information on a failed 1822 slave revolt—the subject of her mother’s own research.

Nearly two centuries earlier, Tom Russell, a gifted blacksmith and slave, grappled with a terrible choice: arm the uprising spearheaded by members of the fiercely independent African Methodist Episcopal Church or keep his own neck out of the noose and protect the woman he loves.

Kate’s attempts to discover what drove her mother’s dangerous obsession with Charleston’s tumultuous history are derailed by a horrific massacre in the very same landmark church. In the unimaginable aftermath, Kate discovers a family she never knew existed as the city unites with a powerful message of hope and forgiveness for the world.

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
Author Joy Jordan-Lake explores some big questions about race and forgiveness in her new novel, A Tangled Mercy, and, in doing so, uncovers the roots of a community and its infinite capacity for love.

Told through a dual lens, this story follows the events that led up to a slave revolt in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1822, and a woman in the present day researching its history for her graduate degree. Focused on her academics, Kate never suspected that she would uncover secrets from the past, and about her own family’s ancestry, that will change the course of her life forever.

Charleston is a special place that I have been lucky enough to spend time in. And it’s more than the architecture, the atmosphere, and the history that make Charleston—and this book—so special. It’s the community, the people of all backgrounds and creeds, who came together to form an unbreakable bond—a bond that is illuminated in this novel. After reading it, I feel hopeful that we, too, can transcend and triumph over tragedies that have spanned more than two hundred years. This book made me rethink my place in the world and how I interact with others. I consider it my duty and my honor to make sure that it is read, discussed, and shared. Won’t you join me in doing so?

- Danielle Marshall, Editor

The Extraditionist (A Benn Bluestone Thriller Book 1) by Todd Merer [Genre: Legal Thriller]
Quote:
When the world’s most notorious cartel bosses get arrested, they call Benn Bluestone. A drug lawyer sharp enough to exploit loopholes in the system, Bluestone loves the money, the women, the action that come with his career…but working between the lines of justice and crime has taken its toll, and he desperately wants out. He’s convinced himself that only an insanely rich client can guarantee him a lavish retirement.

When the New Year begins with three promising cases, Bluestone thinks he’s hit pay dirt. But then the cases link dangerously together—and to his own past. Does the mysterious drug kingpin Sombra hold the key to Bluestone’s ambitions? Or does the key open a door that could bring the entire federal justice system to a screeching halt and net Bluestone a life in jail without parole?

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
I was on vacation at a quiet cabin in the mountains when I read the manuscript for Todd Merer’s debut, but within minutes I was transported into the fast-paced, sexy, dangerous world of Bennjamin Bluestone, a lawyer whose very specialized practice has him rubbing elbows with cartel kingpins in cities across the Spanish Main. Bluestone is charming, slick-talking, and morally flexible: not exactly the kind of guy you’d want your sister to date, but as tour guide to the lifestyles of the rich and infamous? He’s perfect.

Bluestone may defend bad guys, but he’s not one himself. He’s haunted by the violent death of one of his early, trusted clients, and a bevy of beautiful women can’t keep him from pining for the wife who left him when the job got too close to home. He just needs one more big score to retire from the extradition game altogether.

From the icy streets of New York to the clubs of Miami, from colonial haciendas in San Juan to the US Embassy compound in Bogotá, Bluestone chases that score—and a mysterious figure who may be his salvation or his ruin. Along the way, Merer—who, having spent decades defending drug chieftains, knows of what he writes—gives armchair adventurers a highly entertaining look inside the colorful, violent realm of narco-traffickers and their associates.

- Gracie Doyle, Editor

The Unremembered Girl: A Novel by Eliza Maxwell [Genre: Suspense]
Quote:
In the deep woods of East Texas, Henry supports his family by selling bootleg liquor. It’s all he can do to keep his compassionate but ailing mother and his stepfather—a fanatical grassroots minister with a bruising rhetoric—from ruin. But they have no idea they’ve become the obsession of the girl in the woods.

Abandoned and nearly feral, Eve has been watching them, seduced by the notion of family—something she’s known only in the most brutal sense. Soon she can’t resist the temptation to get close. Where Henry’s mother sees a poor girl in need, his father sees only wickedness. When Henry forges an unexpected bond with Eve, he believes he might be able to save her. He doesn’t know how wrong he is.

Eve is about to take charge of her own destiny—and that of Henry’s family. As both their worlds spin violently out of control, Henry must make an impossible choice: protect the broken young woman who’s claimed a piece of his soul, or put everyone he loves at risk in order to do the right thing.

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
When I was a kid, I thought the woods behind my house went on forever. I would disappear back there for hours, and I always imagined that I could pack up a few things, set up house deep within the forest, and live out my days as a dirty woodland creature. Nothing deterred me from this idea—not the heat, the ever-present ticks and bugs, the chance of getting lost—until I got bit by a snake and realized the woods were much more dangerous than I had imagined. That moment of revelation, now forty years past, came roaring back to me when I read The Unremembered Girl.

In author Eliza Maxwell’s deliciously modern Gothic thriller, Henry and his father, a fire-and-brimstone preacher, discover that a young woman has been living in the woods near their home, and is nearly feral. The preacher wants to save her soul, and Henry falls in love with her, but it all goes horribly wrong. The more Henry tries to help Eve, the darker the situation becomes.

Maxwell drew me in to this story from the first line, and I ended up reading it in one sitting. The prose, the East Texas woods and swamp setting, the story—it all compelled me to turn the pages until I reached the end. Ultimately Henry learns a lesson neither he nor I will ever forget: “You’ll never appreciate the daylight till you’ve walked on the dark side of the night.”

- Danielle Marshall, Editor

Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy Book 1) by Richard Phillips [Genre: Fantasy]
Quote:
An ancient prophecy. A young woman’s destiny.

Lorness Carol, coming of age in the kingdom of her warlord father, Lord Rafel, aspires to wield magic. But she’s also unknowingly become the obsession of Kragan, an avenging wielder as old as evil itself. He’s waited centuries to find and kill the female prophesied as the only human empowered to destroy him. However, dispatching the king’s assassin, Blade, to Rafel’s Keep, ends in treason. For Blade arrives not with a weapon but rather a warning for the woman he’s known and loved since he was a child. With a price on his head, Blade flees—as Carol and her family are urged away on their own desperate route of escape.

Now, traversing the lawless western borderlands, Carol struggles to understand the uncanny magic she possesses and must learn to master. Though separated, Carol and Blade are still united—not only by the darkness pursuing them both but by a quest toward destiny, revenge, and the revelations of an ancient prophecy that signal the ultimate war between good and evil.

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
The first book in this epic and totally immersive fantasy series introduces Lorness Carol—who aspires to wield magic in the expansive kingdom of her warlord father—and the age-old prophecy in which she does not realize she is destined to play the starring role. This sense of felt but unknown fate hooked me from the opening pages, but that only begins the list of inviting charms that this book shares with Richard Phillips’s earlier books, and which prompted no less a luminary than Orson Scott Card—author of the classic Ender’s Game—to call Phillips’s work “as good as any…being written today.”

Layer in the lushly imagined world of the Endarian Continent. Add the story of Blade, the king’s assassin, who embarks on a parallel quest that will eventually bring him and Lorness Carol together in ways they never expected. Apply a roiling blend of menace, magic, monsters, political intrigue, and even moments of surprising humor, and you start to get a sense of the enveloping allure of this story.

We’ve all dealt with the tension between what’s expected of us and what we envision for ourselves, and as Lorness Carol navigates the dangerous crossroads of her duty, her desires, and her fate, I felt a visceral sense of many competing forces at work, and often at odds, whether she and the other characters realize it or not (more often the latter).

The resulting sense of discovery and wonder left me more excited than has any epic fantasy I’ve read in the last few years, and I sincerely hope you’ll join me in escaping, even getting lost, in the world of the Endarian Prophecy.

- Jason Kirk, Editor

The Honest Spy by Andreas Kollender (Author), Steve Anderson (Translator) [Genre: Historical Fiction]
Quote:
During one of history’s darkest chapters, one man is determined to make a difference.

In the tradition of Schindler’s List comes a thrilling novel based on the heroic true story of Fritz Kolbe, a widowed civil servant in Adolf Hitler’s foreign ministry. Recognizing that millions of lives are at stake, Kolbe uses his position to pass information to the Americans—risking himself and the people he holds most dear—and embarks on a dangerous double life as the Allies’ most important spy.

Summoned from his South African post to return to Nazi Germany, Kolbe leaves behind his beloved fourteen-year-old daughter, a decision made for her safety that nonetheless torments him. And as he lives under the constant threat of arrest, he wrestles with the guilt of putting Marlene Wiese, a married nurse and the love of his life, in danger as they collaborate on Kolbe’s clandestine work.

But no matter the personal cost, Kolbe will not be deterred. In scenes that pulse with suspense, he emerges as a towering figure who risked everything to save innocent lives—and Germany from itself.

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
When I first learned about Fritz Kolbe, a heroic German diplomat who supplied Americans with precious information that turned the course of World War II, I was incredulous. How could I never have heard of such a person before, given how much material is available about the time period and the number of books I’ve read on the subject?

Based on this gripping true story, The Honest Spy uses Kolbe’s life as the jumping-off point for the narrative, but the nature of his real-life service to the Allies is not in question. Knowing this was a real person made me all the more nervous as he risks his life over and over to bring critical intelligence to Allen Dulles and other American diplomats. I was tense each time Fritz—code name George Wood—crossed the border with his treasure trove of Nazi plans, and remained riveted until the final battles that clinched the outcome of the war. But even that was not the end for Kolbe, who paid a huge price for his bravery.

Part John le Carré, part Beneath a Scarlet Sky, The Honest Spy held me in suspense until the final pages, even though the outcome of the war was never in doubt. The captivating story of one man’s courage to do the right thing in the face of unimaginable chaos and fear galvanizes and stirs us to action as global citizens in a world rife with conflict.

- Elizabeth DeNoma, Editor

The House by the River by Lena Manta (Author), Gail Holst-Warhaft (Translator) [Genre: Family Drama]
Quote:
The first novel by acclaimed Greek writer Lena Manta to appear in English translation, The House by the River is an intimate, emotionally powerful saga following five young women as they realize that no matter the men they choose, the careers they pursue, or the children they raise, the only constant is home.

Theodora knows she can’t keep her five beautiful daughters at home forever—they’re too curious, too free spirited, too like their late father. And so, before each girl leaves the small house on the riverside at the foot of Mount Olympus, Theodora makes sure they know they are always welcome to return.

A devoted and resilient mother, Theodora has lived through World War II, through the Nazi occupation of Greece, and through her husband’s death, and now she endures the twenty-year-long silence of her daughters’ absence. Her children have their own lives—they’ve married, traveled the world, and courted romance, fame, and even tragedy. But as they become modern, independent women in pursuit of their dreams, Theodora knows they need her—and each other—more than ever. Have they grown so far apart that they’ve forgotten their childhood house in its tiny village, or will their broken hearts finally lead them home?

From the Editor:

Spoiler:
One of Greece’s most popular writers, Lena Manta is a master at weaving an epic family saga. In her novel The House by the River, set in the shadow of Mount Olympus, I identified with the five independent-minded daughters, all of whom leave the family home to strike out on their own adventures and embrace their fates. But I also empathized and grieved with the mother, Theodora, who is powerless to stop them or prevent the heartache and danger that she knows await them when they depart, one by one, down the dusty road and away from the village that has sheltered them all their lives.

The daughters’ opportunities and options in mid-twentieth-century Greece are changing rapidly—and not always for the better. Their journeys take them to North America, to Africa, from happy marriages, to devastating losses, and in some cases to fame and fortune. But as they wander far from the home where their family has been rooted for generations, there are things they forget. As the far-flung daughters build lives and families of their own, I found myself aching for them to remember Theodora and what they left behind. Until the final pages, I wasn’t sure if any of the daughters would make it home to see their mother again or if, should they return, it would be too late. But sometimes fate can be kind as well as cruel, and the places you’ve fled can once again provide shelter and redemption.

- Elizabeth DeNoma, Editor
Old 10-06-2017, 05:38 AM   #605
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please post links for Amazon in AU, CA, & UK. They all deserve to have links to Kindle first.

P.S. If I've missed any other Amazon links that should be there, please add them too.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #606
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please post links for Amazon in AU, CA, & UK. They all deserve to have links to Kindle first.

P.S. If I've missed any other Amazon links that should be there, please add them too.
That's at least 18 additional links and quite time-consuming to add.

Feel free to post the links yourself.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:40 AM   #607
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Not sure which one I will go for this month. Based on what has been posted I'm not particularly attracted to any of them at this stage. I'll have to take a closer look.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #608
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Not sure which one I will go for this month. Based on what has been posted I'm not particularly attracted to any of them at this stage. I'll have to take a closer look.
My problem is, I'm attracted to all of them! I selected "The Honest Spy", since I like fictionalized true stories, and stories about WWII, of which I am particularly vulnerable to these days.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #609
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's at least 18 additional links and quite time-consuming to add.

Feel free to post the links yourself.
Yeah, I agree. For those interested in availability from within other countries, it takes very little effort to enter the book title into a search bar. And if we do all the Amazon links, wouldn't we have to do all the Kobo links too? What about OTHER ebook stores with international aspirations?

The reverse is true for posters from other countries as well. As far as I'm concerned, please feel free to post your local links only, I'm a big boy now, and I can find the book if it sounds interesting.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #610
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
My problem is, I'm attracted to all of them! I selected "The Honest Spy", since I like fictionalized true stories, and stories about WWII, of which I am particularly vulnerable to these days.
My problem is, I'm NOT attracted to ANY of them! But I'm likewise leaning toward The Honest Spy, as I also favor WWII fiction.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #611
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Thanks Manabi !

I also went with the WW2 The Honest Spy.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #612
Manabi
Wizard

I went with The Honest Spy myself. I thought about Mark of Fire, but it sounded like a fairly generic fantasy/hero's journey story, and I really didn't want to bother with that across multiple books. The Honest Spy sounds quite interesting, I'd never heard of Fritz Kolbe before!

Quote:

No thanks. This thread doesn't get all that much traffic from even Amazon US customers. Given that, I'm not going to spend a lot of time digging up all the other country's links, especially since the selections are not always the same. They seem to be this month, but it's not always the case. (And Amazon CA doesn't appear to have Kindle First at all.) To do it accurately, I'd really need to do a post for each country's store, in case selections vary.

Feel free to post them yourself, or even do your own post for each country. Here's my template for posts, just fill in the info and post. If you want to post the links in a format I can easily add to the main post I'll be happy to do so, I'd suggest this:

PHP Code:
([url=""]AU[/url]) ([url=""]UK[/url]) 
I can easily pop those in after the title link to Amazon.com.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #613
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
No thanks. This thread doesn't get all that much traffic from even Amazon US customers. Given that, I'm not going to spend a lot of time digging up all the other country's links, especially since the selections are not always the same. They seem to be this month, but it's not always the case. (And Amazon CA doesn't appear to have Kindle First at all.) To do it accurately, I'd really need to do a post for each country's store, in case selections vary.
In the UK, Kindle First is the same as the US. That's the only one I know enough about.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #614
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've chosen The Unremembered Girl.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #615
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
In the UK, Kindle First is the same as the US. That's the only one I know enough about.
It's not always, I remember one a while back (probably last year) where one book was different. Probably because Amazon didn't get the publishing rights in the UK for that one.