Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@WS64 Version 2.3 according to hwhw.
And it is working fine on Version 4.0.3, in the case of my tablet.

But sense there are other devices that are also running under Android 4.0.3, that are having problems, it is not just a matter of the Android Version.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #17
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
But sense there are other devices that are also running under Android 4.0.3, that are having problems, it is not just a matter of the Android Version.
I tried versions 401 and 433 with 2 phones having Android 2.3.7 and 4.4.4
Nothing worked.
Is there any other info on requirements?
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
I tried versions 401 and 433 with 2 phones having Android 2.3.7 and 4.4.4
Nothing worked.
Is there any other info on requirements?
Version 433 may be problematic, especially for the Kindle version, but it would not be the best one to try it out on. I am still on 398, I'll have to give 414 a try. OK, it looks good on my early TF-101 EEE Transformer running Android v.4.0.3. It has some new features as well.

Hope you can find a Koreader version that works for you. One thing that I make sure I do is to uninstall any older version before installing the new one.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Version 433 may be problematic, especially for the Kindle version, but it would not be the best one to try it out on. I am still on 398, I'll have to give 414 a try.
Tried 398 on both phones with no luck.
There must be something that both my phones lack...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Darn. I wanted to try it on a 2.1 Nook ST.

Tried it on my Nexus 7. Installed just fine. Moon+ is better, though. Koreader squishes some words together through the books.

eta - found out why. It's because I hyphenate all my epubs with a plug in. Can't do that with koreader books.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #21
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Darn. I wanted to try it on a 2.1 Nook ST.

Tried it on my Nexus 7. Installed just fine. Moon+ is better, though. Koreader squishes some words together through the books.

eta - found out why. It's because I hyphenate all my epubs with a plug in. Can't do that with koreader books.

Not working on my Nexus 7 - but the android version is 5.01. Too bad as I like it much better than Moon+ especially since Mantano is defunct.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'm running it on my Fire HD 6, but can't for the life of me figure out how to use a side loaded font. Can anyone tell me where to put the font?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #23
fil9998
Enthusiast
fil9998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
hi.
anyone figured out how to load personal fonts and dictionaries ???

many thanks
fil9998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #24
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9998 View Post
hi.
anyone figured out how to load personal fonts and dictionaries ???

many thanks
It should appear in the latest releases, here is the merge description at Github. I guess the merged version will create the folder? Or maybe just the links to such a folder, that we would have to make?

If this works as it should, perhaps this approach can be used for not only the /koreader/data/dict/ folder but for the /koreader/data/hyph/ and /koreader/data/tessdata/ folders as well?

Then maybe for the /koreader/fonts/ folder as well?

Some of the issue's history at Github.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-25-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still can't get koreader to run on my Nexus 7 (2013). Appears to install just fine. When I try to open it I get "Unfortunately, koreader has stopped". Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #26
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I had the same issue with the nightly build. Did you try installing the latest stable release?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #27
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Still can't get koreader to run on my Nexus 7 (2013). Appears to install just fine. When I try to open it I get "Unfortunately, koreader has stopped". Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
Did you try the nightly I mentioned in this post?
The "Stable" release is before a number of significant improvements were added. The v2014.11-222 nightly release that I mentioned is one that was just before a number of changes that would effect the Android version, it would be the most current before those changes were applied.

I also posted some getting started tips later in that thread.

Luck;
Ken
Old 05-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #28
peaceridge
Guru

Ken, I tried the koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2014.11-249-gcaf127f. Just tried koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2014.11-222-gdb420d2 and got the same message.

However, Moe, I tried the last stable release: koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2014.11-stable and it appears to be working.

Thanks to you both. Now to go to Ken's excellent info on how to use it.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #29
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I updated the first post and changed the third post to add some starting tips.

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #30
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Koreader v2014.11-257 has added the ability to add fonts to the Android version. So now fonts, dictionaries, hyphenation dictionaries and the tessdata, are available for the Android version, as well.

You will need to create a /sdcard/koreader/fonts folder on your android device, for adding fonts to (I added "Stone Serif Regular.ttf", and it works fine.)

You will need to create a /sdcard/koreader/data/dict folder for adding dictionaries. ( I just copied all the ones I am using with koreader, on my Kobo Aura HD.) The Koreader WiKi includes links to Stardict files you can download, if you don't have any.

You will need to create a /sdcard/koreader/data/hyph folder for adding hyphenation dictionaries. (I copied these as well.) You can use the set inside the kobo version download, if you need some.

You will need to create a /sdcard/koreader/data/tessdata folder for the tesseract OCR files ( they are created as used, you don't need to add anything to this folder.)

All are working fine on my Asus TF101. Android version 4.0.3

Luck;
Ken

It looks like the most recent releases moved the "data" and "fonts" folders, along with the "defaults.persistent.lua" and "settings.reader.lua" files, to the internal storage (user area) inside a "koreader" folder. My old "sdcard" folder is still there as well but it is empty.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-24-2015 at 09:21 AM.