Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
NimbusMod Redux - now available in bold!

I'm a recent eReader adopter, and have tried and enjoyed delphin's NimbusMod font family. However, it lacks proper bold and bold italics.

Back in 2013...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntram View Post
Any news on the Nimbus?
So I thought I'd put my copy of Fontographer to use and synthesise the long-awaited Bold and BoldItalic variations! Whilst I was in there, I also took the liberty of fixing the mistakes(?) in the italic letters p and r. I started with the NimbusMod Regular and Italic and added 30em of weight to each. This is a different approach to the bold fonts generated by BCotton here which just expanded the outline of each glyph, meaning the bold versions were taller than the others.

I've decided to call this version NimbusMod Redux, to make it easier to differentiate on your reader and on this forum. In the files it's known as version 2.0

Thoughts appreciated! I can make further amends if required.

TTF font files (and example CSS for Sony PRS+ users)
https://workupload.com/file/2PQ8CwY

FOG Fontographer source files
https://workupload.com/file/GhSTPGM

PREVIEW

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 11-23-2017 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added preview image
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, nimbusmod, prsplus, ttf