Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #16
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Another post to move. But I think this one requires minor surgery (I would separate the EPUB3 part into another thread, for example).

KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ... (GPLv3)

Can these be considered legacy posts related to KOreader?

Librerator - multi-format e-reader, fork of KPV
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157047
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Librerator

Last edited by timofonic; 01-12-2016 at 03:25 AM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #17
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Librerator seems at home in the Kindle Development forum. Looking forward, it might not be a good idea to put too much of the history into this forum and concentrate on those things that could help the new user or enhance the reading experience.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I would think that device-specific threads have their place in device-specific forums.Hopefully, they will get used exclusively for inquiries about device-specific implementation details.
There is no need to clutter up the KOReader forum with discussion of, say, Kindle jailbreaking, Active Documents, details about Kindle hardware, etc.

Now, it would be nice if generic KOReader problems could be split out and moved here (if they aren't really relevant to the device-specific implementation...). But doing surgery on years worth of posts is a PITA.

How about this? If there are any particular conversations that you think would be useful to go here, I will spin them into a new thread and move it to this forum.
I am a moderator in the Kindle forums, I can do that there at least.

PM me about it. and I will see what I can do.

I will also add a note in the OP of those threads that the KOReader forum should be used for questions about generic KOReader issues, and I will try to be on top of moving discussions from the Kindle forums to here, as needed.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #19
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
@eschwartz;

I agree, and thanks much, I am not familiar with the Kindle side of KOReader, and could use any help available in that area.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:31 AM   #20
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
AFAIK, Librerator hasn't been updated for a long time and has been lagging behind on all the bug fixes and new features from the new KOReader. The fork was mainly targeted for keyboard kindle devices at the time.

I just tested KOReader on my K3 last week and it works out of box. I also tested and verified that it works on DXG awhile ago. I am pretty sure it should work for K4 too. So yes, KOReader now supports all kindle models
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:56 AM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
IIRC, a few UI elements don't handle physical keys yet, though. Ironically enough, the virtual keyboard was one of those things, last I checked .

But yeah, the plan with my builds was to lay the groundwork, making sure the basics work and don't trap users in a broken UI, allowing people to work on the lua side of things without having to deal with the hassle of cross-compiling.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:17 AM   #22
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Oh yeah... You are right, I forgot about the virtual keyboard...
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #23
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Hi NiLuJe!
Please, can you explain me the difference between your snapshop of koreader and official one? I know about use of your ToolChain but I don't know what it implies.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:47 AM   #24
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
A funny (maybe) question: What does the KO in the name KOReader stand for?
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:41 AM   #25
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
A funny (maybe) question: What does the KO in the name KOReader stand for?
Kindle/Kobo Open Reader

It was intended in lowercase, but it was changed in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/25

Last edited by pazos; 02-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #26
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Also be sure to look in the kindlepdfviewer repo if you'd like to read some ancient parchment scribblings: https://github.com/koreader/kindlepd...mment-12173615
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #27
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks!
As I like History, let me ask further: Did "hwhw" create the KOReader? And how did you, Frenzie, happen to take on the release of the versions? I see they were once released by "chrox"... Did the team of developers and maintainers happen to change in the meantime?

These questions come just out of historical curiosity... :-)
Thanks!
Old 02-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #28
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This is where I'll point out that @NiLuJe is the only currently active maintainer who has commits in kindlepdfviewer. I have however ported over one or two minor features from kindlepdfviewer to KOReader (the file search, and… maybe that's all?).

But yes, hwhw created it.

My first contributions were in 2014. I made the program run on the just released Kobo Aura H2O. If I recall correctly, after that was done I started addressing what I perceived as some imperfections in the translation system, starting with the freely positionable %1 %2 template strings. Notwithstanding potential bugs, I finally finished that project in 2019.

I think it was around 2016 or 2017 that it became clear chrox didn't have the time to create releases anymore, so after some discussion with the community I started filling that void by tagging releases and writing brief release notes about the biggest changes. I also took over most of the maintenance of the background infrastructure and automation from houqp in 2017/2018. Luckily that's served its purpose and for the past two years it's just been happily purring with minimal attention, building nightlies every night.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:12 AM   #29
ichnilatis
Groupie

Thank you for your answers. There has been some really great work done over these years. Thank you to everyone who is working on this and I wish everyone well.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:28 PM   #30
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Is KOReader pronounced co-reader or core-reader? Or neither?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote