Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #121
arroba
arroba began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
I am using FBReader & StarDict since last week (thanks Iņigo!) and I´m having the same behaviour cathatsis and dima_tr describe.

Full-screen mode, clock on, flipbar activated to turn pages, reading epubs and RC3 installed. It tends to freeze randomly, but I have noticed it likes to do it just after coming back form sleep mode.

Anyway, I will turn off the clock and see what happens...
arroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #122
arroba
arroba began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
I´ve tested it for some days and after disabling the clock option, it is not freezing anymore.
arroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #123
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Sorry guys, but it's probably worth to mention another issue. Sometimes FBReader misses flipbar forward clicks. It may be relevant to freezes we discussing or may not. I remarked one thing about this glitch - with original firmware when I click forward again FBReader goes to next page, with RC3 it often jumps 2 pages forward.
I use Iņigo compilation, latest release. I read FB2 files only, full screen mode with clock on in 'progress' bar. Going to switch clocks off and check.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #124
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hi everybody, I'm back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Sorry guys, but it's probably worth to mention another issue. Sometimes FBReader misses flipbar forward clicks. It may be relevant to freezes we discussing or may not. I remarked one thing about this glitch - with original firmware when I click forward again FBReader goes to next page, with RC3 it often jumps 2 pages forward.
I use Iņigo compilation, latest release. I read FB2 files only, full screen mode with clock on in 'progress' bar. Going to switch clocks off and check.
I can't see this behaviour in my device, same apps and software.

But last days I've been using FBReader to read fb2 ebooks in fullscreen showing clock, and I can confirm it halts in 2-3 hours of reading. I suspect the issue is surely the clock.
As someone tells the clock is not a problem in his DR1000, I think the issue comes from the interaction between DR800+ clock code and FBReader clock code.

I'll look at it these days.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #125
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
I've had a short discussion with Mackx suggesting two "cures" to check: 1) switching off page auto-refresh on clock update and 2) introducing semaphore to prevent doing refresh while it is already in "refresh mode". Mackx made a binary for me to test the second approach (Mackx, really appreciate it!!). After one month of testing I can say I had only *two* freezes and my wife - one (previously - several times a day). Within the test period I've been doing reading almost every evening for 2-4 hours. So, the approach 2) improves the situation a lot but is still not 100% reliable. Please use 1) = switch off the auto-update = commenting out the line TimeUpdater.cpp:36 (myApplication.refreshWindow())

Hope this helps.

I do not have dr800+ installed, so it is not an interaction of the two clocks.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #126
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Dima,

I send you a version that has the proposed patch. Please check if it fixes the final crashes.

Regards,
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #127
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

This package is now (2010/12/11) obsolete, use the new port at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1265744
Old 12-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #128
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
Iņigo hello:
Help wanted sword if I CAN.
IREX tengon dr United Nations as 800 sg of six months ago, all a function of today to Wonderland, which I wanted to enter without a book in PDF format, then disconnect the device from the computer, and here again appears WHEN I wanted to turn no dice message That Target has no memory, you change the card will But still saying the same thing.
I hope you can help me, why I love my IREX.
thanks
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #129
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAUDIA SILVA View Post
Iņigo hello:
Help wanted sword if I CAN.
IREX tengon dr United Nations as 800 sg of six months ago, all a function of today to Wonderland, which I wanted to enter without a book in PDF format, then disconnect the device from the computer, and here again appears WHEN I wanted to turn no dice message That Target has no memory, you change the card will But still saying the same thing.
I hope you can help me, why I love my IREX.
thanks
Please, don't ask the same question many times. And don't use other threads, if you have problems, open a new one. I've answered in the thread titled FBReader 0.12.10.

Por favor, no repitas las mismas preguntas. Y tampoco utilices hilos que tratan acerca de otros temas, abre uno nuevo. Te he contestado en el hilo FBReader 0.12.10.

Tags
dr800s, fbreader