Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'll also be removing it from my computers and phone as well. Copy's free cloud storage with it's 5GB free for referrals with seemingly no limit on the amount you can earn is more than enough for my ebooks as well as all my photos now too.

I haven't gotten the email yet, but I find it odd they don't mention it anywhere on their site when you log into your account.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'll also be removing it from my computers and phone as well. Copy's free cloud storage with it's 5GB free for referrals with seemingly no limit on the amount you can earn is more than enough for my ebooks as well as all my photos now too.

I haven't gotten the email yet, but I find it odd they don't mention it anywhere on their site when you log into your account.
Let's hope Dropbox never does this! I use Copy too but only for backup of my Calibre but I got like 100GB there so I'm hoping for Copy to get better with their apps and site.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I got an email from SugarSync a couple of months ago that since my account was inactive, unless I logged in, they were going to delete it. I couldn't remember if I had uploaded anything to it, so I went ahead and logged in.

I don't plan to upgrade and I guess I should at least go in and delete my files. (If I remember; I can't access cloud storage from work; they are all blocked by the firewall. I signed up for SugarSync because it wasn't blocked, but that didn't last long.)

I would like to have a second cloud service (besides Dropbox) where I can copy over my Calibre library. I just recently discovered how convenient it is to have my books there, but I am filling my Dropbox with photos and would like to store my books somewhere else. I have been considering using SugarSync or signing up for Copy, but it seems like there is a new service popping up every month and I haven't taken the time to investigate any.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been very happy with Copy. The interface is not as polished, but it just works as it should. Especially when there doesn't seem to be a limit on the free GB storage you can earn through referrals. I have enough to upload all my photos at this point with my ebooks.

Of course there's no guarantee any free service will remain free forever, but for now, Copy does the job for me perfectly.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
I use Google Drive at the moment. I pay $2.49 a month for 50GB. I use a Nexus so I like the integration and I use Google Keep too which is part of Google Drive. I will probably switch back to the free 15GB this month as I mostly have it filled with junk I don't need. In virtual terms as in real life, I'm something of a magpie.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #21
Foreman
Foreman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I think that it is unfair close a free account suddenly and non having warned the new costumers tha the account they get was for trial or limited in time, as they warned us about the limits of the storage volume.
As a protest recomend not to suscribe a (forced) paid account on Sugar Sync
Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreman View Post
I think that it is unfair close a free account suddenly and non having warned the new costumers tha the account they get was for trial or limited in time, as they warned us about the limits of the storage volume.
As a protest recomend not to suscribe a (forced) paid account on Sugar Sync
You get what you pay for, that is why I'm not upset about this at all. In fact, I might just go out and buy a big thumb drive to store all my digital crap.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

I finally got my email about SugarSync abandoning the free storage yesterday.

And I agree, I'm not upset about it all. There's other free storage still out there. Or you can just get your own webspace from places like WebHostingPad for a couple of dollars a month.

Of course there's never a guarantee servers don't go down, get hacked, etc., even for your paid accounts.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Thanks for posting this. The email from sugar sync had gone into my junk folder, so I missed it. I've since moved everything over to Copy.
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #25
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just shrugged when I read the email. Unfortunately, I do split up my storage between Dropbox and SugarSync, so I'll have some moving around to do - but them's the breaks.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #26
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I never assume that a free cloud storage will remain free. And I'm still not sold on cloud storage. USB drives are dirt cheap and I know I can access my files whenever *I* want them.
Unless those USB drives get killed. Offsite storage that won't be destroyed by any of your local disasters is good for extra insurance.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #27
bawldiggle
anything is possible
bawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one handbawldiggle can read with one hand

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How did SugarSync install itself on our TV ?

Our TV has just started to show a tiny msg in top right corner of screen when TV is turned on ...

Quote:
Notice of expiration your SugarSync account
I didn't even know who SugarSync is until I goggled the "notice" string.
The only cloud I use is my personal cloud (NAS) and about 12 months ago I used "DropBox" once ! Our TV is about 6 months old Samsung.

Maybe it was crapware that came with our Samsung Smart TV.
Or a scam to login, reveal my email address .... and gotcha !

Syn-ick
bawldiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 AM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It is just $9.99 a month for 100 GB and the 1st month is only $4.99 so it's not a bad price even if it's no longer free. I mean it would take some 25 DVD's worth of data to fill 100 GB. Not impossible I know but still that's not a bad price for that much offsite storage space.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #29
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
It is just $9.99 a month for 100 GB and the 1st month is only $4.99 so it's not a bad price even if it's no longer free. I mean it would take some 25 DVD's worth of data to fill 100 GB. Not impossible I know but still that's not a bad price for that much offsite storage space.
You could also go to godaddy.com or another hosting company and get a website hosting, unlimited storage, for 6.49US per month. That includes a free domain and email service.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #30
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
You could also go to godaddy.com or another hosting company and get a website hosting, unlimited storage, for 6.49US per month. That includes a free domain and email service.
Yeah.. What she said. If you just want online storage, there's *many*, *many* cheaper ways of getting it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote