Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
ebook rating and review site with search

Hi

I previously mentioned the ebook rating and review site I'm working on.
I've also built an ebook search page using Google Custom Search Engine technology.

The good news is that the two are now integrated.

What does it mean?

you can go to the ebookmark website and use the Digital Reading Search to find the book that you want.
The results are categorized as free, non-free and warez
(yes... there are bad people who don't respect copyright, but think about it as a good thing as it will boost device sales)

When you've found the book that you want you can add it to the site using the "eBookMark this" link provided right there in the search panel.

Then you can start commenting about the book and rating it.

Here comes the cool part, when you add the ebookmark you can set the author and the topic, so next time someone browses the site he/she can find the book
- by topic
- by author
- by recommendation

The site has content recommendation engine built in that will suggest similarly rated books.

What else...

There's a bookmarklet that you can add to your browser so that you can ebookmark any website easily.
Another option would be to download and install the toolbar, which also provides this functionality.

The digital reading search is open for anyone to contribute.
e.g. Steve Jordan can add his website to the list (in non-free category I suppose) and his works would show up when someone searches for sci-fi.

Each ebookmark has a field that specifies the file format.
This will eventually link to a directory where one can find tools needed for the format.

The good thing here is that all the bookmarks will llead directly to ebooks.
I hope you'll like it!
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, sic, this is ... really cool.

I've only had a few moments to glance over it, and it looks like it has excellent potential -- integrating the google search thing is brilliant.

I would like to humbly suggest that you add a 'genre' to your categories page, and maybe use that page as the home page -- the current one made me think (for a second) I was going to have to go through the whole list page by page, and I know that's not what you're after.

Great start!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
hi

thanks for the advice.
I found an article on wikipedia about literary genres:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literary_genre
I could adopt that... (just some typing )

Yeah... the front page should be imporved, I agee.

Sic.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic
e.g. Steve Jordan can add his website to the list (in non-free category I suppose) and his works would show up when someone searches for sci-fi.
People are thinking about me! (snif!)

I'll have to get in there this weekend, and see about doing just that! Thanks... from all of us author/publishers!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote