Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 AM   #1
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Best reader in Windows for epub

Which is the best reader in Windows for epub?

I generally use Adobe Editions but I have problems installing in my office laptop

Last edited by teotjunk; 06-02-2016 at 03:27 AM.
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@teotjunk - "...best reader in Windows for epub?" is a subjective judgement, but FWIW I like the Calibre Viewer best of all - but its quite far from my 'dream reader'.

If the problems with installing ADE on your Office Laptop relate to Corporate IT lockdown policies then you'd probably have the same problems with the alternatives such Calibre or Sumatra etc.

If you can install browser extensions you could try one of the in-browser EPUB Readers such as Readium or EPUBReader.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@teotjunk - "...best reader in Windows for epub?" is a subjective judgement, but FWIW I like the Calibre Viewer best of all - but its quite far from my 'dream reader'.
I'd agree that calibre's ebook-viewer is a good choice on either Mac or Win if the computer is used in a mouse/keyboard configuration. In a pure touch environment on Windows the UI is too small to work well. One of the Modern/Universal interface readers may be a better choice. I like Book Bazaar reader in my Windows tablet. Others like Freda which is rather good.
Quote:
If the problems with installing ADE on your Office Laptop relate to Corporate IT lockdown policies then you'd probably have the same problems with the alternatives such Calibre or Sumatra etc..
Calibre Portable might be usable in such situations as it does not require an install and if used on an USB thumb drive it can be easily removed when not in use.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
BTW, you should search the forum before making a new thread. There are quite a number of threads with very good info. Check out:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=263
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Calibre Portable might be usable in such situations as it does not require an install and if used on an USB thumb drive it can be easily removed when not in use.

Of course

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2016, 03:33 AM   #6
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Adobe Editions work perfectly when I install in admin account, just not in user account

I can install all other apps without any problem

I have found Sony reader excellent I just prefer Adobe Editions
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote