Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
quini
quini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unhappy DeDRM calibre plugin not working with Kindle Paperwhite 2013

Hi!

I've got 2 Kindle Paperwhite, one is version 2013 and the other one is version 2012 and, as soon as I purchase a Kindle book at Amazon, I always save an unencrypted copy of it in my books folder in my PC.

To do so I use DeDRM plugin for Calibre, found in Tools 6.0.8.

Today I've purchased a comic, and I've added it to Calibre as usual, plugging my Paperwhite 2013 in the USB port (the older version belongs to my wife), and adding it to the local collection. It hasn't complained, but the result was an AZW3 file of only 0.6MB (other similar comics I owe are near 30MB), and I cannot find any images in it when using the internal visor.

I've tryed deleting it from the Paperwhite 2013, then downloading it again: same behaviour.

I've then tryed downloading the comic to the Paperwhite 1, then adding it to Calibre... it works!

Also, I've noticed the directory structure of both Paperwhite 1 & 2 were different; in the Paperwhite 1 I could find the 28MB .azw3 file the DeDRM plugin has removed the DRM from and placed in my Calibre folder...

In the other one I've found a 18MB .azw6 file in the folder named as the book, and the .azw3 file in the "documents" folder was only 600KB (it was the real 28MB in the PPW1)?!

Also, I can only reproduce this behaviour with that comic (maybe only with comics?), as the books I've recently purchased and transferred to Calibre from my PPW2 did work fine!

Has any of you encountered this problem? Please make me know if I can help to find things out
quini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
DRM Removal discussion is Prohibited here at Mobileread. Do not continue asking
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suggest you ask this question on alf's website. He makes the tools, he provides the help.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
quini
quini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Acknowledged, thanks!
quini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I suggest you ask this question on alf's website. He makes the tools, he provides the help.
Some of the help is provided by the rest of us, too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Some of the help is provided by the rest of us, too.
But not through Mobileread.

How about this: Alf distributes the tools, alf distributes the help.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
But not through Mobileread.

How about this: Alf distributes the tools, alf distributes the help.
Quite right. I can see that my comment wasn't clear. I was indeed referring to help at Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm, kindle, paperwhite