Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I create a icons only custom column?

Hello,

I created a custom column named "Type" with values like Comic Book, Reference

I also created a custom column for "Read" using the Yes/No, I like the icons of the Yes/No column and wondering if I could maybe create custom columns with only icons in them

I like to make the "Type" column as icons, Comic Book value will be changed into the face of the Joker (the Batman)

Thank you!
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@pleiadesc - Preferences->Look and Feel->Column icons (far right)

Rule would be something like Type is Comic

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@pleiadesc - Preferences->Look and Feel->Column icons (far right)

Rule would be something like Type is Comic

BR
@pleiadesc - whoops, I forgot the 'only' part

If you want the icon in a discrete column, add a 'place holder' custom column. I use an Integer with a Header Name of I1, I2 etc. So the Set clause would look something like

Set the icon with no text of I1 to black_lightning if the . . .

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-23-2017 at 05:34 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #4
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Thank you BR, will test it out!
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote