Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Igor Rocks!

I've been following Igorsk's Reversing Everything Blog and today's blog entry has a list of undocumented Kindle commands.

I haven't investigated everything but...

Alt-M on the home page brings up Minesweeper. Commands are listed at the top.

There's some kind of location finder when you're in the browser but I haven't been able to make it work.

There is also a picture viewer, read more on Igor's blog.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The left justification is my favorite. No more words edge to edge. Woohoo!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Very cool stuff indeed. I liked the alt-shift-G to get a screenshot and immediately used it this morning to post shots of the Feedbooks download guide in another thread.

The CDMA maps location was very accurate for my home this morning, but about a half mile off at work.

I wonder if Amazon will disable some of this in an interim update before they are ready to release it officially. I hope not.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Root shell... wouldnt this qualify as a frontpage news entry?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
awriter
awriter began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Screen Shots on the Kindle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
I liked the alt-shift-G to get a screenshot and immediately used it this morning to post shots of the Feedbooks download guide.
Zartemis,

What do you do after the 'alt-shift-G' to get the screenshot OFF the Kindle and onto your computer to use? Or is there some way to take the shot and *paste* it into the My Clippings.txt file?

Thanks!

Lisa
awriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter View Post
Zartemis,

What do you do after the 'alt-shift-G' to get the screenshot OFF the Kindle and onto your computer to use? Or is there some way to take the shot and *paste* it into the My Clippings.txt file?

Thanks!

Lisa
Plug your Kindle into your computer. The screenshots are on your SD card.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
awriter

re: Screen Shots on the Kindle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Plug your Kindle into your computer. The screenshots are on your SD card.
Thanks, Nate!

That worked fine, but I noticed I can only make one screenshot at a time. That is, I do ALT-Shift_G - but then have to plug in my Kindle, get the shot, then do another page. If I do two ALT-Shift-G's in a row for instance, only the first shows up on the SD. Is there a work-around for that, or is that just a limitation of the Kindle?

Lisa
Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

That's odd. I can make several. Do you have enough space on your SD card?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
awriter

re: Screen Shots on the Kindle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's odd. I can make several. Do you have enough space on your SD card?
I've used about 1% of 2GB, so I don't think that's it. Hmm... let me try again.

Okay - worked this time.

Guess my fingers didn't behave the first time.

Thanks again for the help!

Lisa
Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
yknip
yknip began at the beginning.

Device: none
Visiting Igor's blog confirms it: he rocks!
yknip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Cool Brilliant

I'm a minesweeper junkie
DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote