Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #1
Courier
Courier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Errno 10013: Can't send books to Kindle

Calibre's send-to-email function seemed to have stopped working for me. I can't send e-books via email now with this error popping up.
I have also disabled firewalls and anti-viruses but this error still crops out. I have also used GMX but to no avail.
I'm wringing my hair out currently over this. Any help is much appreciated

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 174, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 128, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 308, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 283, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Log:
connect: (u'smtp.live.com', 587)
connect: (u'smtp.live.com', 587)
Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What OS and Version??
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
Courier

Thanks for replying.

Calibre Version: 2.46 Portable
Old 12-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates something on your computer is blocking calibre from opening a connection on the SMTP port. The most likely culprits are antivirus programs and firewalls. Unfortunately, there is no good way to determine what the blocker is, you just have to turn things off one by one until you discover the culprit.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier View Post
Thanks for replying.

Calibre Version: 2.46 Portable
Thanks
A Guru will need to drop by for this, since you already tried the firewall

Are you sure your email config is STILL OK?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #6
Courier

Yep. I did some research beforehand and did trail and error for the common culprits. Disabling the anti-viruses and firewalls did no difference. I also tripled checked the email for both hotmail and GMX to no avail.
Any less common culprits that might cause this error?
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Doa reboot into safe mode with networking and try Calibre again. If it works, you'll know it's something running on the computer causing the Calibre problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #8
jefklak
jefklak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
this worked for me:

McAfee was blocking it for me. I had to allow the program in the access protection rules

Open VirusScan
Right click on Access Protection and choose Properties
Click on "Anti-virus Standard Protection"
Select rule "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" and click edit
Add the program (calibre.exe) to the Processes to exclude list and click OK

See http://www.symantec.com/connect/arti...-caused-mcafee
jefklak is offline   Reply With Quote