Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Japanese Kobo Dev - CFW

Searching the Web I stumbled over a few development projects for the Kobo.

Sadly my knowledge of the language is almost non-existent and translation software is rather limited. :P

As far as I can understand it, this project is similar to our kobo Tweaks plugin, with a few other options, like setting a login password.

It is official only supporting firmware version 2.3-2.4 but seems to run on 2.5 with a few problems.

I hope someone who can read Japanese, might help the rest of us figure out whats going on there. *g*

CFW wiki page
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Google translated readme.txt:

Spoiler:
CustomFirmware for Kobo Glo / Kobo Touch / Kobo Mini "Advanced Edition" Ver0.95

■ Introduction

This package, strengthening the firmware of Rakuten Kobo Glo / Kobo Touch / Kobo Mini
It was created to make it easier to use even a little Kobo to be ridiculed difficult to use and / buggy,.

Because the package does not mean that rewrite the software of e-book viewer part of the Kobo
It Kobo unbootable or by installing, data are eventually deleted
It is not, but at your own responsibility for use.

In addition, the following libraries that we have been in the template of Hack attrition permission of the author like
It is not packaged that it does not get.

· Jpeg fast rendering engine
· Daemon to perform paging button on the Home

■ Installation Requirements

Kobo Glo that FW2.3.1 ~ 2.4.0 official has been introduced
Kobo Touch that FW2.3.1 ~ 2.4.0 official has been introduced
Kobo Mini that FW2.3.2 ~ 2.4.0 official has been introduced

that these are installed is "required".
Open the "Device Information" menu of Kobo body from the "Settings" menu always
Please check the software information "Version".

In addition, avoidance of authentication with the optimism of the initial setting is not provided by this package.
If you want to bypass authentication, and refer to the readme in the "About authentication bypass"
Please run setup.

If upgrading from a version of "Advanced Edition" before
No problem as is particularly significant change is applied to the file organization
Because you are, I recommend that you install the factory reset if possible.

Basically, in the version up other than the official FW as much as possible "Advanced Edition" is
Although it is expected to go to avoid having to reset the factory
Official FW After a tremendous upgrade, it is not limited to this.
※ That said, it was a version up at the outrageous level CFW this time
Although we recommend a factory reset ...

After factory reset, after you have completed the authentication of the Rakuten If you are using the Rakuten ID
Please install.

■ How to install

! ! ! Please install the update to the version that corresponds to the official FW always.
Kobo worst is again With the introduction of the CFW suddenly, such as a USB connection factory reset immediately after
There is a possibility that can not be started! ! !

After it was confirmed that the official version of FW is up-to-date version for sure, in this package
Please remove the USB connection to copy the Kobo you have USB connection, the ". Kobo" folder.

Kobo is automatically restarted to complete the installation.

■ How to uninstall

Basically, clear the configuration file koboCFW.conf If you only do the disable function
. Most of the features provided by the CFW if you delete the images folder will not operate
I go back to the same behavior as the standard Kobo. However, various, which is installed by CFW
Bug fixes and patches library because I live as it is, to a clean state
If the return. Please run a factory reset at any hassle.

■ ■ about the features of CFW ■ ■

■ purpose

This package has two purposes mainly.

I resolve the problem of the firmware of Kobo: 1 goal
2 Purpose: To extend the functionality of Kobo, user, provide enhancements for users, especially self-catering

Purpose of one "defect resolution" is complete and if you install this package.
Extension is not needed, please use as it is if you want to use it to eliminate only problem.

If you want to use the extension, 2 ■ Purpose: Please progressing for extension.

■ The purpose 1: any defects are eliminated

Kobo, which were developed in English-speaking countries originally.
Therefore, it is said "(localization) is sweet Japanese-aware" and well.
Is there indeed it, but because there is a problem of Linux that is based in
It is not thought of as a problem of only Kobo unconditionally.

Problem that is solved in this package are as follows.

If the two-byte characters are used to name the file stored in the external ① SD card
Garbled may occur in Kobo on is plugged into a body Kobo
In addition, it reverts back to the original time to update the FW even patched how much.
Certain characters and contains file name you put in ② internal storage, the folder name
The file or folder will be deleted and can not be used.
If in the ③ CBR files, files with names such as ② above is stored
Can not be used normally.
④ Wifi settings and be broken, it will not be saved many times since when you change the setting.
If you are using an external SD card ⑤, freezes with high probability in a variety of timing.
If you are using a font, such as user ⑥ blue gold tomorrow morning, the setting is broken
(Reproduction conditions almost certain) that you would back to the default settings

In fact in addition to this, bug due to the external SD card is also confirmed in a number of FW2.3.x
Are. Please note that because you are not able to eliminate all of them.

■ Objective 2: Advanced topics

The FW that via the "Refined Edition", became "Advanced Edition" have been developed so far
The refined and re-build feature of CFW, it is equipped with additional features that have been created by volunteers in the future.

To use an extension, a text editor is included with the "koboCFW.conf" file
In rewriting the favorite setting of their own, copy of Kobo, which is connected to the USB ". Kobo" folder
Please. ., Please keep in mind that it does not work even if it placed in the folder other than kobo.

※ Attention
Compatible are missing completely from the previous version "koboCFW.conf" from this version.
KoboCFW.conf of previous versions to remove, and are included with this package
Should be replaced with the new koboCFW.conf.

After copying, please restart once the Kobo. Some features will be processed first start.

Features that are currently available for use in the extension are as follows.

The rename to cbz file the zip file saved ① external SD card, built-in storage
Is renamed to cbr file rar files saved ② external SD card, built-in storage
Convert Text to HTML files saved ③ external SD card, built-in storage
Or left → right swipe, the same as the kepub.epub paging ④ PDF, CBZ, CBR file of
The ability to change to be a "next page" by the left of the touch screen
The format file name ⑤ CBZ, CBR file of that (cbr or). Cbz [author's name] book titles
If you are in compliance, the ability to update correctly in automatic author name of Kobo on the book name
After registering ⑥ books, and folder name and publishing company that author's name and stored this user, to store each book
The ability to store in its books by creating a bookshelf automatically from such
Remove all the bookshelf or broken ⑦, it is no longer erase, a bookshelf with the automatic creation of bookshelf ⑥
Ability to rebuild
⑧ to built-in storage area, if the swap partition for Linux exists, automatically at startup
Ability to be available as Kobo swap space
optimization of the database if the database ⑨ growing out, operation is heavier
Function to be performed
Run in conjunction with the processing content of the Kobo ⑩ data supplement. Further, the ability to perform recalibrate at startup
Ability to use a high-speed mode of Commit ⑪ data
You can customize the animation still image to be displayed on the screen and suspend ⑫ running
Theme function
⑬ font you want to use (only kepub.epub), the setting of the book template settings of font size
Therefore font setting common feature to all books in common
The ability to auto-registration to the "bookshelf you read recently," a book on the bookshelf book I read in the last ⑭ is stored
DB cache size extensions to extend an arbitrary cache size of ⑮ database
When ⑯ Kobo is frozen, the ability to notify you that "frozen" to red light the power LED
Implement its own font for the comfort of reading in Kobo than ⑰ "KB Mincho" and "KB MinchoM"

These features can be changed over a range of works with you to edit the koboCFW.conf.
For more information, please refer to the koboCFW.conf.

■ features and functionality that have been refined

The rename to cbz file the zip file saved ① external SD card, built-in storage
Is renamed to cbr file rar files saved ② external SD card, built-in storage
Convert Text to HTML files saved ③ external SD card, built-in storage
→ until now was the target only external SD card, but the built-in storage as well as use this feature
Was changed. However, InternalStrageBookFolder of koboCFW.conf for built-in storage
It does not only run under a folder you specify.

(The connected drive kobo): Example
+. It does not work even if you specify a folder to InternalStrageBookFolder this kobo →
+ If you set "kobodata" to kobodata → InternalStrageBookFolder, this folder under the target

Or left → right swipe, the same as the kepub.epub paging ④ PDF, CBZ, CBR file of
The ability to change to be a "next page" by the left of the touch screen
→ until now was only cbz file, but I was made to target PDF file, even CBR file.

The format file name ⑤ CBZ, CBR file of that (cbr or). Cbz [author's name] book titles
If you are in compliance, the ability to update correctly in automatic author name of Kobo on the book name
→ The borrowed the same function from the distribution package made of author-like, to operate in conjunction with the data correction function other
Change as, Incorporated.

⑧ to built-in storage area, if the swap partition for Linux exists, automatically at startup
Ability to be available as Kobo swap space
→ as the distribution made by the customers, and then changed to allow ON / OFF settings
Was built. how to create documents for the swap partition by courtesy of Mr. 859 hack thread
I was allowed to reprint in this distribution file. Thank you.

Run in conjunction with the processing content of the Kobo ⑩ data supplement. Further, the ability to perform recalibrate at startup
→ from "Advanced Edition", so as to perform various data correction process in conjunction with the content processing
Now. As a result, restart and reconnect USB content after registration is no longer required as before.
The data correction while the USB connection when releasing, LED so will continue to change with the blue flashing blue lights → → Off
Please do not operate between a little and go back to the Home screen until the LED goes out.

For more information, please refer to "About the correction of content after".

Ability to use a high-speed mode of Commit ⑪ data
→ I was with ON / OFF can be set. WAL mode is faster, but its temporary space at minute Commit
I also consume memory. The file should be OFF while you are adding more books and reading is the main
It is thought that operation to ON only while performing the operation is good.

■ features that have been added to the new

After registering ⑥ books, and folder name and publishing company that author's name and stored this user, to store each book
The ability to store in its books by creating a bookshelf automatically from such
→ The improved a lot from the official FW2.1.4, "consisting heavier too make a bookshelf" bookshelf function of Kobo is, it is
No longer. However, registration of the bookshelf, the difficulty of the spear book registered to the bookshelf is as usual.

So, from the folder name that contains this information and data on this self-catering, store purchase this
I added the ability to automatically create a bookshelf, to automatically register the book there.
As a result, the effort of adding the books in any way to register → → bookshelf bookshelf create a book
I'd be reduced.

It is now possible to set separately for purchase this self-catering this naming settings bookshelf than Ver0.95.
"Self-catering book to bookshelf the folder name, buy this to bookshelf the author's name" and by this
I can perform easy operation and better organized.

In addition, this feature is processed outside the "book that is registered to another bookshelf already".
Data you do not want to bookshelf bookshelf Sign up for automatic creation function, books to another bookshelf in advance
Please keep registration.

For more information about the mode of a different type, see koboCFW.conf.

※ supplement

As for "bookshelf automatically generated from the folder name", the folder of the lowermost layer is located
Please note that to be recognized as a bookshelf.

Example: K: If → bookshelf name that is located in the \ AAA \ "AAA"
: K: If → bookshelf name that is located in the \ AAA \ BBB \ CCC \ DDD \ "DDD"
: K: If → bookshelf name that is located in the \ "Other" (※ name can be changed)
: If → bookshelf name where you placed the book on the SD card directly under "Other" (※ name can be changed)

Will be treated as "other" all (root drive) drive directly under.

The ability to delete all the bookshelf or broken ⑦, it is no longer erase and rebuild the bookshelf with the automatic creation of bookshelf ⑥
→ that when you are making the above functions ⑥, there is a problem that "bookshelf garbled indelible" and sometimes
Remembering, we implemented. Well, ne I'm just all → Delete all re-created

While fiddling with this and that the setting of the bookshelf automatic registration, it is recommended that you set to ON this setting.
Data that is registered in the bookshelf at a time because it is a process outside the scope of automatic enrollment bookshelf.

In addition, those using synchronization with Kobo DeskTop to USB connection again after it has been re-created
Synchronize the reader by invoking the Kobo DeskTop. It is stored in the cloud via Kobo DeskTop
It will be deleted old bookshelf data also linked.

ability to carry out optimization of database when ⑨ database from growing out, operation is heavier
→ the database file of the nature of the database, if you do (add, delete, modify) the frequent updates of data
The bloated, operation will become more and more heavily. Is not only because of Kobo, which is used internally
Is an event that mechanism on the database engine, can not be avoided.

So, when you restart the Kobo in the state that is set to ON in DataBaseOptimization koboCFW.conf within
I've implemented the ability to rebuild the database at startup.
Inconsistent if it is not happening inside the DB, but time consuming to some extent the DB that bloated this function
You will be able to diet.

"Cobo Crow and Kei-chan 'tries to inform the running while this process is running.
While Cobo Crowe and Kei-chan is walking Teku-Teku, the reset work or turn off the power of Kobo absolutely
Do not attempt. Depending on the number of books, but need a processing time of 30 minutes and in the worst-case scenario
This is because it is.

This function, because it is also a feature that could destroy the DB one wrong move and
Please be careful when you want to use. During normal operation turn OFF the DataBaseOptimization basically
Please keep.

Theme ability to customize the animation still image to be displayed on the screen and suspend ⑫ running
→ various animations that are displayed during the update and running, a specific format, the file name still images
By transferring to Kobo, you are free to customize the animation and still images to be displayed during operation.
MORE INFORMATION For more information about the operation of the theme format, "About the theme function" it is in the folder
Please refer to the documentation.

People who own a good theme, w please if I expose more and more

font setting common ability to book all common font ⑬ to be used (only kepub.epub), the setting of the font size
→ settings can be set to the format of kepub.epub and "font" or "font size", official FW is from 2.2.x per
I no longer do not have to set each and every time in each book for some reason.
I can hold the setting to another book certainly the data above, for something like a common configuration is not found
Necessary to perform a one by one set for each book will occur.

Is transferred to Kobo book that is stored in the "template present" folder first to be recognized as present in Kobo this function
Make the font set for the book.
You will then automatically copy the settings to kepub.epub format other books that are registered in the data correction time.

In addition, reading the status of the book to be copied can be selected in the configuration, but I recommend the "unread books".
This information "to where he is whether the continue reading" and not only the number of pages of case kepub.epub format
This is because it also changes depending on the setting of the font. If you change the font setting of this you are reading to the middle
Strange phenomenon and would go back to the beginning of the chapter, is due to this.

However, it is based on can also be a common font set for all books forces.
In this case, reading restart position of book you are reading to the middle slips off, please understand it.

The ability to auto-registration to the "bookshelf you read recently," a book on the bookshelf book I read in the last ⑭ is stored
→ The regular use Kobo, if you are using a leader purpose of this self-catering in particular, "difficult to use, I wish a pain" and here and there
There is a part that you feel.

"I would go back to the home screen whenever you finish reading the book" The will feel it is difficult to use most personally among the
It is the specifications that.

If official FW earlier, if you select "Library" from the bottom menu just before you finish reading
I had to go back (the list of books and bookshelf internal list) library just before, but from the 2.2.x series of official FW
This feature was gone.

Thus, when you want to continue reading in succession a series that is stored in the same bookshelf

[Look for a book of choice → next looking for a bookshelf Open finish reading → → Home screen bookshelf list of target → → Select the next book]

That, it is no longer must you do not step on the troublesome procedure.

Therefore, the bookshelf to retrieve data from the information in "book I read to the end", the book is stored
Named "bookshelf you read recently" on the first page of the bookshelf lists, and other books that are registered
I was equipped with the ability to automatically store a bookshelf. Reading status of the target also can be changed in the settings.

This

[Select book selection → next open the home screen finish reading → → → bookshelf list the "bookshelf you are reading recently"]

And, I will reduce the access step to the next book even slightly.

The "bookshelf you read recently," I do not know to look, but I put the half-space at the top of the bookshelf name.
Because the order determined by the bookshelf name basically, bookshelf list, "bookshelf you are reading recently" is
When you view the bookshelf list, you should see most of Lee definitely first.

--- You might think "Wowo, convenient somehow" and and, when you read so far.
However, even if the auto-update the contents of the bookshelf, display of Kobo on the latest information exactly the same as before
Does not seem to refresh.
In other words, the apparent is not changed at all despite the fact that properly rewritten data.

So, please try to refresh your registration information bookshelf "manually" by stepping the following steps.
※ It is also refreshed or restarted USB connection / release.

① Open the bookshelf list, tap the Menu button on the far right of the "bookshelf have read recently"
Select "Edit bookshelf" in the menu that opens ②
Book ③ refresh before because it is listed, change to OFF by tapping the appropriate check of this
Tap the Save button ④

In this way, the registration book of the bookshelf I read recently that you are automatically updated with the inside is refreshed.

Using the recommended

When you want to read in succession a book is in the same bookshelf: A
→ at the timing when I read several books, and then refreshes the implementation of the above actions
※ Depending on the setting, but access to volume following becomes easy book I have read so fade away from the bookshelf.

When you switch to bookshelf different from the bookshelf was reading until now: B
→ refreshing by performing the actions described above immediately after switching.
※ are refreshed quickly if all the contents, access to the new series will be easy.

"Refreshing the registered contents of the bookshelf" is a plan to continue to pursue whether there is there any way in the future.

Extended to any cache size of ⑮ database "DB cache size expansion" function
→ information book, bookshelf, badge, font settings, Page Setup ... These are all on Kobo
It is managed by the database of.

But, by the childish structure of e-reader software Kobo, the database never
Difficult to say that an optimized design, reading of useless data will occur frequently.
It's good when the number of books there are a few, self-catering and CBZ comic increases this is especially ... more
This database will be enlarged at an accelerated pace, the internal memory of MicroSD card
In conjunction with the specifications, operating performance will continue to fall steadily.

Then, assign a cache memory Kobo body against the database
Is to earn even a little access speed of the database is "Database Cache".

The cache size is not assigned only two mega Kobo in the standard.
However, the size of the database file, tens of mega immediately just put dozens fence CBZ,
What a cash 2 mega even meaning to more than 1000 books, several hundred mega to ballooning
Does not have.

So, I've implemented the ability to extend this database cache at startup.

In fact, this feature is in the form of "Database Tuning" in previous versions
The program implements, until now had been forced extended to "65534" the size.
However, when extended to limit the cache size in the database is bloated
Events of the soft part of the e-reader Kobo is would cause a memory shortage occurred.
(You can use the swap space, but will somehow even though slow)
In addition, store and use fewer people this is the person the main extension of the cache size
Does not mean anything to reverse.

Therefore, we change the functionality to be extended to any size instead of the forced extension.

I list the size that can be set to koboCFW.conf, but database size
People that are huge, please try not to set the "MAX".
Size of (KoboReader.sqlite file that's over 300M, ON the swap
Setting the MAX is dangerous if you do not)

In the environment of the author, swap in the ON (256M) + cache size "MAX"
It works fine in Kobo Touch near 1200 books.
Number of books of this because there are many to (indeed, time will take to open the bookshelf or book list
It does not freeze due to lack of memory)

This setting is recommended to be used in conjunction with the swapping.

When ⑯ Kobo is frozen, the ability to notify you that "frozen" to red light the power LED
→ significant specification changes after official FW2.2.x system, related to the external MicroSD has occurred.
However, this specification change is like was what it is reasonable actually quite
I only point to the external SD card, Kobo is to freeze here and there
I have become.

When frozen, the majority of users is next to the USB slot and the back, such as toothpick
It seems to reset by pressing the switch on the inside of the hole.
(For led to the Mini, and such as not press the switch if you do not remove the back cover)
There is also data 80% of those who carry the Kobo is that they carry a toothpick (lie

However, the fact of the software "e-book reader of Kobo" is only frozen
If state, OS of Kobo itself is not necessarily frozen, we are still alive.
If this state, and correctly without any problem if you turn OFF the power to step on the correct procedure
We are able to turn OFF the power.

However, it is hard to understand "e-book reader Kobo is to freeze" is this.
Error message is also no out, screen, such as hardened characteristics of E-Ink
This impossible writing remain .... Whether you're moving, I do not know at all.

So, if the reader software Kobo is frozen by for some reason
I made it to light red power indicator.

When this happens, please long slide the power button.
As the interval is a longer than when it is not frozen. Then
Bright red LED turns off as fast guy three times you grew corner though. In this
Power will take care of out Linux as a OS is properly stepped on the correct procedure.
At this time, the screen remains that what was displayed last is displayed as it is
You are, but it is OK Do not worry because there is no way the characteristics of the E-Ink it.

Then start if power ON normally.
I think the turn of the toothpick or greatly reduced in this (laughs
It is recommended that you use for the purposes of the original toothpick, (laughs

Implement its own font for the comfort of reading in Kobo than ⑰ "KB Mincho" and "KB MinchoM"
→ adopted by Kobo "kepub.epub" format, unlike the Kindle, etc. The internal Kobo very much
Proprietary seems to contain quite. Therefore, also displaced persons of default
Are frequently used for Kindle, etc. etc. also "blue gold tomorrow morning", line character is thin subtly
(There is also a difference between the perception of the individual but) it was the state that love-it-or-hate-it by the people.

This time, it was optimized for kepub.epub form of Kobo by the efforts of font craftsman like Nitori18
Own font "KB tomorrow morning", "KB Ming M" have been announced.

At such times, just search specification of font of Kobo is analyzed, it is USB connection
Be searched last most have found fonts folder of Kobo.
And to say that the timing of the implementation "font setting unified function", the font around
Based on the status of the current official FW defects stemming is large, including in the package these
I was allowed to be implemented to register on the system built-in area.

Since Accordingly, KB Mincho will be read from a normal font to the "next"
I was able to load at start-up is also reduced, to be implemented in better shape.

■ ■ The auxiliaries, Supplementary notes for each feature of CFW ■ ■

■ For data correction of content after

Until "Refined Edition", standardization of font settings and unified paging
To serve the content immediately after it has been registered this new, extended processing and editing of bookshelf
I was not able to work together. Therefore, content When the process is finished
There was a need to either USB connection again, and restart.

In addition, I check the "state of the current data" immediately following the content processing
And determines the data to be updated whether been added because it could not be
It is not possible, I was running the update every time of necessity.

However, the data at the timing of the "content immediately after treatment" from 0.95
Since it becomes possible to perform the check, to be able to perform the number of books monitor of the present
Now. If a USB connection at release, number of books of this has not changed by this
It does not perform the correction of the data. Therefore, to the home of the USB connection after canceling a lot
I think recovery has become faster.

※ However, "I want to rebuild the bookshelf" even when the number of books of this has not changed
If the option "Using bookshelf features are reading recently" is ON
Only rebuild the bookshelf will be executed.

When the number of books of this has changed, perform the correction of the data in the following order.

1. (I will update only those that have not been corrected) author's name, real name update
2. (I will update only those that have not been corrected) page feed correction
3. (I will update the only thing common setting has not been copied) font setting common
4. Of the newly registered, automatic registration to bookshelf

Conditions of "re-boot" of this, data of either 1 or 2 is updated
The aligned, and then restart the Kobo automatically In some settings.

Why to restart?

It, author name and page feed that has been corrected, the Kobo to content processing
Since the setting may be read, even if you update the data in the internal then
"Display" on it is not reflected in the server. Data has been updated properly Internally
But I have ...

To reflect this, you can either remove the USB connection once, I have to restart.
(Bookshelf you read recently is the same ...)

However, fonts and relationship part ... bookshelf relationship other than because it is immediately reflected
people that the operation of the main kepub.epub is enough even without restart.

Please note, however, that executes all 1-4 regardless of the change in the number of books in the book body startup
For example, it was the "OFF" halfway page feed correction, but from the middle to the "ON"
If you change is registered in the configuration change before the data that has not been corrected paging
If you want to process, please once again start the Kobo.
Data that was in the "OFF" position according to the most recent setting is updated properly.

■ About the swap partition

In the "Advanced Edition", the adjustment is given to use what you will swap partition.
For how to make a swap partition, and we have been supplied with the package
Please refer to the detailed documentation that first thread 859's have created.

In, or do you have any merit by the first place to make a swap partition?

Speaking clearly, there is no benefit of the swap partition as long as you do not use self-catering purpose.
The swap partition that is like a virtual memory in the sense of Windows
With the help of some built-in storage, a memory that has not been equipped with only 256M physically
It is only then to be able to use the guise as part of the memory.

So, do you think there is a benefit at all times?
and the report came out in the hack thread, and that's the case "at least" the following from my own experience
I can say that there is a benefit of the swap partition.

(Single file of several hundred mega unit, PDF in the report) When you open a book try to read the data this huge ①
Kobo Although freeze surely out of memory and there is no swap space
It is to be read in large files and are using the swap space

When applied to "content processing" all self-catering this data of 1000 books ②, and that's without swap
It freezes so 60% sure, but in the content processing in 1000 books by using the swap space
I will be able to complete all processing.
※ story in the Kobo Touch. There was near 25 giga whopping size of this data total.

In short, is that there is a virtue when dealing with huge data and large amounts of data.
On the contrary, "put a pretty impossible to Kobo body" these even in the use of self-catering purpose
As long as you must not use, it follows that there is no benefit of using swap space.

So, you do not need to use force.

In addition, to create a swap space of 256M to Kobo Glo, I use always-ON.
And also be content processing (about 4G in total size) CBZ data of about 300 books
I will end without any problems.

It would be good to match the style of the person dealing with Kobo, to do it is like use this function.

■ file naming conventions

Author's name automatic update feature, on the relationship between the act of determining the author's name from the file name
It does not work correctly point to the character of the author's name "[]" is encountered many times in the file name.

○ [suspicious author] (top). Cbz suspicious this
○ [suspicious author] (top). Cbz suspicious this
× [dubious author] doubtful this [on]. Cbz

Be careful not to use the part of the author's name other than [].

■ For external script function

In CFW distribution of previous, various script in the ext folder of kobo that is USB connection
It was to be able to operate.

The "Advanced Edition", all most to partition of Kobo body within the custom function basically
Because it is located, the need to use an external script has almost no.
However, "Remove button to buy" and "authentication bypass" and "Starting the paging daemon" later even
"It is not necessary for every environment, but be required for some environments" function you said, this external script
You must use the activation function.

I'll describe the name and start timing of the external script below.

• This item is performed boot.sh · · · · · startup. E-book reader software Kobo timing is different from the previous
It is executed before the start.
- It will be executed immediately after the mount_usb.sh · · · Kobo is USB connection. Not related to the presence or absence of external SD card
· It will be executed when the USB connection of umount_usb.sh · · Kobo is released. Not related to the presence or absence of external SD card.
However, this script does not run if the update of Kobo body is executed, and is restarted.
- It will be executed immediately after the external SD card mount_sd.sh · · · Kobo is inserted.
· It is executed just before the suspend_start.sh · Kobo goes to sleep.
- It will be executed immediately after the suspend.sh · · · · Kobo is goes to sleep, you display the suspend.png.

※ Attention
The "daemon to perform paging on the Home button" on which you installed the "Advanced Edition" on Kobo Touch
If you want to use, do not do not have to change it to start this daemon in boot.sh.
See the readme in the "Home button change daemon install" folder for more information.

■ auxiliaries

when the official FW has been updated to 2.3.2, internal judgment of self-catering book seems to have changed very much
Button to book self-catering you have registered the "buy" appears, or to the home screen
Problems or no longer appears self-catering this occurred.

The external script This start function, a patch to solve this problem this distribution
Offers.

See the documentation of "self-catering FW2.3.2 · file purchase button fix" folder for more information.

■ ■ first appearance, something copyright basis ■ ■

■ development scheme of CFW

This package, 2-channel e-book plate: is the bringing together of trial and error and technology and wisdom of everyone of Kobo Hack thread.

Kobo Touch / Glo / Mini hacking thread Part.4
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1360673958/

Kobo Touch / Glo / Mini hacking thread Part.3
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/

Kobo Touch / Glo / Mini hacking thread Part.2
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/

Kobo Touch hacking thread
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1342916042/

Yourself, simply by re-package in my own ahold of everyone attrition
With the exception of some features, like author of all original stay in the function of each.
Some were used as a function of the author like the original, some of which were arranged at the time of packaging
Not all that remains of the original, but at least at Hack thread
Function like the author of the original function was to present me does not have established this CFW if there is no patch.

The hack thread, I feel wisdom of "areas where the person does best" has come together myself included.
Myself so novice Linux, you there is a limit to the customizing in the portion near the Linux more.
Since there is no artistic taste, and you can not draw a nice theme.

But, the residents of the hack thread, people with knowledge and various I do not have E gathered
It exposes us various things.

They may not have much effect by itself, but the "up to such a thing No way" when fusing
It is a thing that it is possible, such as think.

This time, the feeling of gratitude to everyone attrition residents are taken care of like that,
Let me introduce the residents a little bit.

○ png2raw, fbmnbplay author like (tentative name w

It is hoped that blame yourself people put the Kotehan uncommon in many (laughs) 2ch
To let called this way for convenience because the Hack thread, not to be able to speak of Kotehan still
We got (laughs

But, ... (lol that seen in one shot and if you look at the writing

Maybe, in some but is one who told me to follow most of their own Linux beginners
We wanted to or not. Do not like "over and I made of this" fbmngplay, the png2raw
I had published on the light feeling, but Nante theme function without this first
Because I was not able to implement, but please know only there (laughs

A clear guess it is not only analysis and nori logical. High technology purely above all.
Features a number that could not be implemented this person should stay. I really appreciate it.

Because'm barrels writing more content, please calls himself a descriptive nickname something (laughs

○ 555 thread before Mr.

It is not a patch or program, but the character of "Cobo Crow and Kei-chan" from this thread
Was born. Below, reproduction of the author setting like (?) -

"Kei-chan Osamu Dazai is a writer. Favorite cheerful bluestocking
Cobo Crow personality you have unhesitating bright. The Oshama a petite and brother Cobo thickness of Debeso in leisurely shop
Three siblings of Cobo beauty sister.
Oh you fancy cousin of like studying in Canada currently. "

※ Oh you is non-release in Japan currently.

... And, it was I list in the old document.

LinuxOS, programs, and databases in the "professional knowledge" other than
It is the people who had to cooperate for the first time.

If you do not have from their artistic taste, I would great just to draw a picture ....

Is not only pattern (dress, and had kun to hair by incorporating properly design the Kobo
Are you genuinely surprised when I had taught) last-minute and simple Moe
Designed in line "Kei-chan" and "Cobo Crow", personally
There is a tremendous fondness.

The animation of "I wait a moment," that you gave to the "negative" of the previous release of β
Has become the Boot animation of Glo his still boot screen, (laughs

○ Mr. Nitori18 (570 previous thread)

Led me the font setting common feature, rainy day like font craftsman No way.
I also made this template of setting common, the impact of font setting common feature
We think you have me many times.

Surely, because did not have dreamed it and can be implemented in CFW level its own font.

The common sense of the thread of this kind of, not be able to cooperate in the development of CFW that there is no expert knowledge
I think it's people who have butchery as well as 555 pre-thread.

Even people from what you told me to declare thread clearly that "want to participate in the portion that can be me"
Is there. And "? Kana not be working something" and, even to them how much it
Have you empower residents thread that is willing to think.

KB tomorrow morning, it is the default font in Glo their course.
If possible I would like to "KB Maru Gothic" next (laughs

○ bucchi Mr.

And we have been also described in the template of Kobo Hack thread, like author of "petit noise" blog.
You might was to visit with glue and "What? Na is doing that it seems like a fun, something" surely
Imperceptibly, became indispensable to Hack thread (laughs

"Problems to freeze and pointing to the external SD card" is a bug in the biggest official FW2.3.x system
And to identify that you determine the cause, it is linked with the problem that fonts are set to break what
I was to publish a module to eliminate at once the two issues.

Only it even is such that it is amazing and much more than enough, but that's not possible until now even
"Handling Suspend" and "content immediately after treatment," which has been said, "Working with power OFF."
And to intercept possible, gave me the impact of up to revolutionize the structure of the whole CFW.
I rang to end up breaking all Bukkake 0.94 of formal pre-release, but also by subtracting the (laughs it
Module much left over there.

Myself there is no ability, a thought-wishes that! "I wanted to really like this" only DB
That it made me a chance to embody, not enough even to thank much.

(It is believed that, and users who are waiting for it there is many) it is thought that it would be in development
Rather than as a developer password lock function at startup suspend when returning
I'm looking forward as Kobo one user.

○ And, everyone of CFW developers no name

KB Mincho, and Misty theme "font craftsman" and so "theme craftsman"
Community around the CFW There are also little by little, but starting to show spread.
Thankfully, someone who wrote the article about little by little to the blog etc. appeared.

I would like to repeat what degree also ... But, but, CFW is not what I have developed.
From what I, png2raw author like, bucchi's, 555's, and Mr. Nitori18,
Able to report a bug or request by Hack thread, and thanks to everyone for all of Anonymous.

If, if it is assumed give a formal developer CopyRight to this CFW, you'll named it so I would.

★ CopyRight 2012-2013 "2ch Kobo Hacking Thread User's"

I would like to thank everyone for all developers, everyone of content creators, to everyone in the thread residents.

■ (I except the ones that I made) first appearance-quoted source

○ (external Japanese character problem resolution, txt conversion, such as cbz conversion) Original CFW
http://takka.tfact.net/2012/08/kobo.html (whim blog TAKKA like)

○ page feed correction queries
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1343091944/730 (14 books eye [Rakuten] Kobo Touch [7980 yen] [sure] 730 ID: 693sqDx5 Mr.)

○ CFW minimum file organization (basic file of this package)
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1342916042/286 (hacking thread 286 ID: 2jIscOEJ Mr.)

○ database tuning script
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1342916042/329 (hacking thread 329 ID: 2Ep1nSip Mr.)

○ author name auto-update script
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1342916042/707 (hacking thread 707 ID: O5Yx68F Mr.)

○ author name auto-update script (author like release package version)
(: 67 Blackbird Mr. 3PlI7LTq hacking thread Part.2 67 ID) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/67

○ author name auto-update script (sh refined version)
(: ZOEujZ0F Mr. Part.2 395 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/395

○ useless character avoid binary patch version dosfsck (source analysis)
(: +9 k6UZ Mr. ZO hacking thread Part.2 204 ID) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/204

○ useless character avoid binary patch version dosfsck (patch binary)
(: i4bnEXu4 Mr. Part.2 209 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/209

○ swap partition creation (information)
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1342916042/859 (hacking thread 859 ID: FGYJnNIp Mr.)

○ swap partition created (implementation)
(: BGV5272w Mr. Part.2 80 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/80

○ ON / OFF of the function of the configuration file, creating a swap partition method (author like release package)
(: 859 Mr. JbWf32dV thread before hacking thread Part.2 167 ID) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/167

○ CBR file useless character problem avoidance
(: H9N5Y6PY Mr. Part.2 453 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/453

○ external SD card garbled problem-permanent resolution
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/goriponsoft/20121124/1353729235 (Goripon software Goripon Mr.)

○ Cobo Crow show off in front and Kei-chan
(: p3ScstHg 555 Mr. Part.2 593 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/593

○ Cobo Crow animation set the first bullet and Kei-chan
(: 2sNeOrmU 555 Mr. Part.2 654 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/654

○ 2nd Cobo Crow animation set and Kei-chan
(: liQ9uNYE 555 Mr. Part.2 680 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/680

○ Cobo Crow animation set final distribution and Kei-chan
(: 2pm4za0S 555 Mr. Part.2 717 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/717

○ change animation test set for start-up
(: EKJYvEZ0 555 Mr. Part.2 770 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/770

○ modified version of the animation set
(: etNeHegO 555 Mr. Part.2 830 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/830

○ png2raw first edition
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/671 (hacking thread Part.2 671 ID: rlRxyUYO)

○ second edition png2raw
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/862 (hacking thread Part.2 862 ID: pGY8qDl7)

○ Cyber ​​theme set
(: LSPInnyw 555 Mr. Part.2 933 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/933

○ fbmngplay first edition
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/937 (hacking thread Part.2 937 ID: wCsOM0IW)

○ fbmngplay rev1
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/937 (hacking thread Part.2 937 ID: wCsOM0IW)

○ fbmngplay rev2
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1352778895/957 (hacking thread Part.2 957 ID: TAkuKIfM)

○ Cyber ​​theme set difference
(: HaqmzAZU 555 Mr. Part.3 74 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/74

○ analysis of the Font load order of Kobo
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/96 (hacking thread Part.3 96 ID: AnEuWCwd)

○ StackTrace of external SD card freezing problem occurs
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/406 (hacking thread Part.3 406 ID: dsw1rGHV)

○ external SD card freeze problem-cause found
(: 0It/OdeY bucchi Mr. Part.3 452 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/452

○ external SD card freezing problem resolver
(: 0It/OdeY bucchi Mr. Part.3 452 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/465

○ freeze at-power LED lighting method
(: Y8k4pvN1 bucchi Mr. Part.3 503 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/503

○ font setting this template
(: EXqIvYUh Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 579 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/579

○ KB Mincho · first edition
(: u88jCIp5 Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 612 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/612

○ KB Mincho · Ver0.3
(: mgkkTQ6a Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 627 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/627

○ Nickel event hook library first edition
(: wKWN2CVJ bucchi Mr. Part.3 633 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/633

○ Nickel event hook library second edition
(: wKWN2CVJ bucchi Mr. Part.3 640 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/640

○ criteria of Linux file placement
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/650 (hacking thread Part.3 650 ID: gyYmUrDF)

○ Nickel event hook library third edition
(: wKWN2CVJ bucchi Mr. Part.3 659 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/659

○ Nickel event hook library fourth edition
(: wKWN2CVJ bucchi Mr. Part.3 666 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/666

○ fbmngplay, png2raw latest version
http://ux.getuploader.com/KOBO_HACK/...ay_png2raw.zip

○ fbmngplay script example
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/791 (hacking thread Part.3 791 ID: PE4gzSKM)

○ LED flashing script
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/917 (hacking thread Part.3 917 ID: xx0enP73)

○ LED flashing script modified version
http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/921 (hacking thread Part.3 921 ID: xx0enP73)

○ KB Mincho · Ver0.4 + KB MinchoB
(: NdK4FHyg Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 947 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/947

○ KB Mincho · Ver0.41
(: NdK4FHyg Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 948 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/948

○ KB Mincho · Ver0.42
(: NdK4FHyg Nitori18 Mr. Part.3 966 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1355887854/966

○ suspend magnet corresponding version hook library
(: 1LEcvPC5 bucchi Mr. Part.4 90 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1360673958/90

○ KB · KB Ming Ming M package built-in final version
(: blGvgj6Q Nitori18 Mr. Part.4 166 ID hacking thread) http://uni.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ebooks/1360673958/166

for the portion that you have made, please use at your disposal.
However, I forbid commercial use for any module and functions of all.

■ Do I think the Kobo and Rakuten's recent

From the official FW2.2.x, "more than ever" bugs are now many FW of Kobo clearly.

The release of 2.2.x, be the timing to match the launch of "Kobo Glo" just in Japan
Do you intend to push out in front to differentiate Amazon's launch of the "Kindle"
It was rolled touted to be "! Can add capacity in an external SD card" profusely. It totally
As if a major advantage over Kindle.

Because the user to be used for the main external SD card is small, and such purported In Hack thread
It does not stop to worry too much, for example, to implement the ability to suddenly spit out a stack trace rather
I felt that it? "Somewhat strange" that the unnatural update is on.

Sure enough, a problem caused by the external SD card began to frequent also I was from here.

Reboot automatically disconnect the USB when it 's still connected external SD card, freezes
Time has come to take profusely to start the operation of the home screen goes wrong ...
There is no fog if Kazoeagere.

Then, FW has also been upgraded to 2.3.2 together the launch of Kobo Mini.

This FW2.3.2 would be nice to say "official FW of the worst" at this stage.

It thinks that it either was stable to eliminate the problem that occurred in 2.2.x, actually obliquely downward intensely.
It is to freeze pointing to the external SD card at any rate in the "only"
By themselves, the catchphrase of his own called "! Can scale the size with the external SD card"
Because I had let having a new bugs that ruin.

Moreover, the "Please do not use the external SD card" As a result of a query against it
Corresponding incredulous that were responses from customer support, and my ear.

If you ask yourself that, whose occupation is to software design and development and systems, Kobo Inc., which both of Rakuten
I do have to say and negligence. Because, this defect if you can not be reproduced quite
Madashimo, That's because the failure to reproduce immediately if you move as much as 10 minutes to point to the external SD card in fact.

Without doing enough validation regardless only support awareness of the Kindle ahead, also made a big change specification
I do not think only have moved out to outrage you do not believe that would be released as it is.

What a result of the violence or rang.

It will be understood by one if you search for "Kobo MicroSD freeze" on Google.
Rather than only two channels, this problem is being talked about everywhere, including blog.

From problems and internal turmoil at the time of the release of Touch, what Rakuten also Kobo's also Is it learned.

Moreover, this problem is a "bug the most rudimentary" From the perspective of the developer.
This is a bug freshman programmer that raise. It also is having around such a bug
Rakuten Regardless, has left more than 2 months this situation, what Kobo's or do they think.

Now the state is not very, but you can not defend even I've been rooting for Kobo ever.

In order to dispel the image even a little "Kobo = buggy", "Kobo = difficult to use" and
And even though it has already been developed CFW with the help of everyone, their own manufacturers would further spread the bad image.
In business scheme that depends on the net named e-book, that themselves are doing
Do you strangle themselves how much, do you do not know.

Kobo Glo is, It is not a thing that can be released at that price in hardware.
Touch panel capacitance expression was not adopted is I'm afraid, in the country at the moment
The E-Ink terminal that is on the market, the aim can compete only in KindlePW, the vertex
Would be hard.

Kobo Touch even, balance of basic performance very as E-Ink terminal said that a generation ago
Is good. It is hard not undue importance to the wind rose or free distribution.
Home button is being implemented in only hardware level and then only Touch.

※ Although I feel speaking hardware, balance of price and performance is bad only Kobo Mini.

In terms of hardware, it is not inferior in any way to the E-Ink other terminals such as SONY Reader and Kindle
It is a spec to surpass even the KindlePW to be rivals reached the Glo rather.

This is the current state of the FW buggy it ... have ruined all, such a good hard.
So, please let me say just a word.

"Hack user from I do not mind. However, I Hey You can live in a fool any more general user"

Officials Rakuten and the Kobo company if you are reading this document if
In their hands, themselves, please realize you're running the diminished their products love how.

We Hack user may not active, please finish it as soon as possible in such a product.

■ Disclaimer
The author does not assume any responsibility for any damage due to the use of this updater.
Use on your own risk.

■ Update History

2012/11/25 human sacrifice release
2012/11/26 Initial package release
2012/11/30 Ver0.91 release
2012/12/01 Ver0.92 release
2012/12/02 Ver0.93β1 release
2012/12/03 Ver0.93β2 ~ β6 release
2012/12/04 Ver0.93 official release
2012/12/06 Ver0.93.1 emergency release
(Fix the problem is not enough to save Wifi setting) 2012/12/08 Ver0.93.2 emergency release
(Fixed bookshelf synchronization problem of Kobo Desktop) 2012/12/09 Ver0.93.3 emergency release
Modified version together up of 2012/12/18 Ver0.93.4 official FW to (FW2.3.1)
2012/12/23 Ver0.93.41 bug fixes
Modified version together up of 2012/12/24 Ver0.93.42 official FW to (FW2.3.2)
2012/12/15 Ver0.94α ~ α3 release
2012/12/23 Ver0.94β ~ β4 release
2012/12/23 Ver0.94β ~ β4 release
Official version of the decision to discontinue publication of 2013/01/24 Ver0.94β5 release Ver0.94
Changed to "Advanced Edition" from 2013/02/04 Ver0.95β1 release "Refined Edtion"
2013/02/13 Ver0.95β2 ~ β5 release

■ Packaging charge

Kobo Touch / Glo / Mini hacking thread Part.4 koboaya ◆ aRTmFsSgfM
mobileread (https://www.mobileread.com) ID: koboaya
Contact To: koboayase@gmail.com

It was encoded with Japanese Shift_Jis... when will people use utf-#?

IMHO the more interesting feature is automatic shelves. There are also many performance hacks. It's not clear what official firmware was used to do this modified version.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-15-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
As far as I can understand it, this project is similar to our kobo Tweaks plugin, with a few other options, like setting a login password.

It is official only supporting firmware version 2.3-2.4 but seems to run on 2.5 with a few problems.
IMO, it is quite different from the Tweaks plugin. This is more a firmware revision with lots of improvements and optimalizations (e.q. fast jpeg renderer).
This could become a solid custom firmware alternative if it is picked up by the global Kobo development community. It shouldn't stay a Japanese project only. Even in its current state it has features and/or improvements that are interesting for almost every Kobo user.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Being new to this neighborhood (and not knowing Japanese), I was wondering if over the last 2 years Kobo firmware has improved to incorporate CFW features? And if not, is CFW itself updated? (I guess not! - so not worth installing?)
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote