Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
perryja
perryja began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch
Porting Calibre's built-in web server to a remote server?

I've been running Calibre's built-in web server on a borrowed computer so friends and family can have access to my book library. Of course this means I must run an instance of Calibre on the computer all the time. The owner of the computer wants it back now. Is there a way to take the entire contents of the built-in website and move it to a remote web server? I don't have the ability to run an instance of Calibre on the remote server but I can periodically update Calibre on my laptop and the upload the entire contents of the built-in web server to the remote. Is this possible? If so, please advise.

John
perryja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Something to ponder before going forward:

The 'Friends' part.

We are not allowed to help you violate Copyright. You need the 'right' to distribute those books.

The WEB server is just a small part. There is a DB search portion which is closely linked to file transfer.

If you JUST want a EPUB or MOBI Catalog. Calibre can generate that for (Calibre) OFF Line viewing

Right-click Convert Icon: Generate Catalog: <choose format and E-Book Options>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
perryja

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Something to ponder before going forward:

The 'Friends' part.

We are not allowed to help you violate Copyright. You need the 'right' to distribute those books.
All The books I have are DL'ed from Gutenberg project and other DRM-free areas.

Also thanks for the help! I'll check out the feature you mentioned

John
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use calibre2opds
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryja View Post
All The books I have are DL'ed from Gutenberg project and other DRM-free areas.

Also thanks for the help! I'll check out the feature you mentioned

John
Then you are Cool with PG.
DRM Free does NOT automatically mean 'Copyright Free'. Baen books are DRM free, but still under copyright. There are some (in the Free Library) that give you the permission to Pimp (distribute for free) specific versions

I have not played with/tried Kovids suggestion, but he should know

Last edited by theducks; 05-02-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: DRM note added
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
perryja

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Then you are Cool

I have not played with/tried Kovids suggestion, but he should know
I'll give it a whirl!

John
Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryja View Post
Is there a way to take the entire contents of the built-in website and move it to a remote web server?
There are 5 possible solutions to your question in the Sticky Posts at the top of this forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote