Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
WiFi Keeps Turning off when Vox Sleeps

I originally set up the Vox to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. Now it seems everytime it sleeps, the WiFi signal drops. Sometimes this happens in the middle of downloads (which it shouldn't, should it?!). Sometimes it gets picked back up after coming out of sleep mode, sometimes it turns itself off. Anyone else have this issue?

Also - anyone else know how to change the sleep time again, without going through setup again?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I noticed that mine does that too. It is to save battery while in sleep. It does reconnect automatically when it comes back up or it does for me anywaays.

To change the screen turning off go to setup - display - Screen timeout.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
It normal,
Go in the wireless and network settings
Than Wi-Fi settings
Than click on the middle button (at the bottom, the kobo button)
Than Advanced
And the first option is what you are looking for.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
It normal,
Go in the wireless and network settings
Than Wi-Fi settings
Than click on the middle button (at the bottom, the kobo button)
Than Advanced
And the first option is what you are looking for.
Thanks! Just what I needed
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote