Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Improve image rendering/dithering on Kindle

Help. I just installed the latest nightly build (koreader-kindle-arm-linux-gnueabi-v2015.11-1654-g666c9f1_2018-04-12) in order to read cbz manga on my Paperwhite 3 Manga without having to convert to azw3 first.

Program works but the images have noticeable gray blocks around lines as well as color banding. Thought it might be an issue with the cbz file so I tried with a Kindle purchased manga (download and transfer via USB method) which I then repackaged to cbz (DeDRM - KindleUnpack - zip). Same issue. The cbz viewed via KOReader exhibits gray blocks and color banding while the DeDRM'd azw3 rendered beautifully on the Kindle's native reader.

Are there any tweaks available to improve image rendering or image dithering in KOReader?

Thanks in advance!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There's an issue about the subject here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1833

NiLuJe posted a command for doing the dithering on PC: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-186613568

I wonder if this is still an issue on Kobo…
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
There's an issue about the subject here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1833

NiLuJe posted a command for doing the dithering on PC: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-186613568

I wonder if this is still an issue on Kobo…

Alas, was hoping to avoid preprocessing via PC. If I had to do that anyway, might as well just convert to azw3 with Kindle Comic Converter or Calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote