Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
LF14
LF14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Problem with Kobo Aura H2O

Hi,
Yesterday I put some new ebooks on my Kobo. After detaching it, it took a long time to get back to the main screen. when attaching is again to my computer and starting Calibre I got the following message:
calibre, version 4.18.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1958, in books
File "c:\t\t\apsw-k8s6ukkv\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
It mentions that the database disk image is malformed. I can see all the books on the device and read them.
Has anyone else had this problem? Or knows what is wrong and gave me some tips how to solve this problem?

https://mobileread.cdn.speedyrails.n...t/thankyou.gif

regards,
Lucille
LF14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That error means the database on the device is corrupt. The device can usually keep running as for most functions, it is using an in-memory copy the data. But, writes to the database will probably fail. And if you restart the device, it will be reading the data from the last time it was successfully written. That usually means you lose reading status, or new books disappear and have to be reimported.

Unfortunately, there is no way to repair the database. Unless you have a recent backup of the database, the solution is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device, and then do the setup again. This will remove the current corrupt database and build a new one. It will then download the details of any purchased books and reimport any sideloaded books. It does mean you will lose the reading status and annotations for sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2020, 03:03 AM   #3
LF14
LF14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you. I have reset the ereader and it works fine now.
LF14 is offline   Reply With Quote