Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
Help Needed: Kindle 3 LIMITED BUILD ERROR Recovery-Util

In an attempt to clean /opt of sym-links, I attempted the following:

mkdir /opt.bak
cp -R amazon ar6k config eink updates var wan /opt.bak

rm -rf /opt/* && mv /opt.bak/* /opt/

I believe some files from /opt/amazon were not copied over before receiving an error related to the screensaver file being in use. My Kindle restarted to the following:

http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/img/kindle.jpg

I do not have a serial cable, is there a way to solve this problem? I wouldn't mind a factory reset.

Last edited by dasmoover; 12-15-2011 at 11:31 PM.
dasmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
It seems that you lost "/opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh". I think if you have usbnet or screensaver hack installed, you can run a script on startup or something.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

How am I able to do that? I can't get drive access to the Kindle.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
You can get drive access from recovery mode.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
dasmoover
Connoisseur

Thank you, I managed to restore /opt with a fresh copy.

Good stuff, I appreciate it.
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Andrewliu
Andrewliu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoover View Post
How am I able to do that? I can't get drive access to the Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
You can get drive access from recovery mode.
May I know how can I get to the recovery mode. I have the same issue as the above when I charged my kindle 4. I tried to press the power button for 30s and to restart the kindle but it will show the same error again. Would you be able to give me any suggestions? thanks.
Andrewliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewliu View Post
May I know how can I get to the recovery mode. I have the same issue as the above when I charged my kindle 4. I tried to press the power button for 30s and to restart the kindle but it will show the same error again. Would you be able to give me any suggestions? thanks.
The above is for the Kindle 3 -
Open a new thread for the problem on a Kindle 4 (machines are much different).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote