Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #76
wildecat666
wildecat666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8 (KT3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Attached the latest archive from December 2, 2012, if anyone needs. Haven't tested it yet.
Thank you for the updated link to the file!

I don't know if anyone is even reading this thread any more, but: is there a way to make AKC! work with Kindle Touch devices? After two Kindle Keyboards (that died), I switched to Kindle 8, and even after 6 months, am finding it hard to love. Mostly, because adding items into sub-folders one by one is painful.

I don't want to go through the hassle of jailbreaking the device, and am looking for an automated something to sort titles into sub-folders, once titles are on the Kindle. Other than Calibre, are there any hassle-free solutions (akin to AKC!)? TIA!
wildecat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Short answer: No

Long answer: For touchscreen devices, a jailbreak and an import program is required.
We have both, but the owner has to be willing to use it, so that brings us back to:
No.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #78
wildecat666

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Short answer: No
Thank you for the response. I did try the jailbreak, when I first got my device, but either I did something wrong, or the ad-support interfered, because it didn't seem to do anything, and none of the hacks I tried actually worked. Knowing the jailbreak is the only solution, I might give it another try in the future.

Thanks again!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #79
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildecat666 View Post
Thank you for the response. I did try the jailbreak, when I first got my device, but either I did something wrong, or the ad-support interfered, because it didn't seem to do anything, and none of the hacks I tried actually worked. Knowing the jailbreak is the only solution, I might give it another try in the future.

Thanks again!
Try it again, before you device updates to 5.8.8 or 5.8.9
The most recent update of Collections Manager was released today.
And LibrarianSync is reported to work on even the most recent firmwares.
(You need one or the other to do the Kindle side of the import.)

Just switch to the developer's sub-forum here, somebody will help with any problems or questions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #80
wildecat666

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Just switch to the developer's sub-forum here, somebody will help with any problems or questions.
Advert

Tags
collection, generator, kindle