Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
fvdham
Connoisseur
fvdham began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-T1 / Kobo Glo HD
Move selected data from series column to a new custom column

I have a custom column defined as a series +series index column. I like to move the info (series name and index) from the series column to the other column for a selected number of books.
Is there a simple way to do this? I have to move the info for many many books so retyping is hardly an option.
I have looked at this forum but could not find an answer
fvdham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Piece of Cherry Cake

Use the Search and Replace function of Bulk Metadata edit
Search (.+) in original column
Replace \1 in Destination
REGEX mode
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
fvdham
Connoisseur
fvdham began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-T1 / Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for your quick respons. It's working. I only have to do the move in 3 parts. First the serie name, than the serie index and than delete the info in the sending column. It's no big deal.
I will start studying the regex options. I have never used it before.
fvdham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvdham View Post
Thanks for your quick respons. It's working. I only have to do the move in 3 parts. First the serie name, than the serie index and than delete the info in the sending column. It's no big deal.
I will start studying the regex options. I have never used it before.
Ah! Series. as you discovered, this is a 2 parter. My regex was for Text or numbers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote