Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
font332
Connoisseur
font332 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Can't delete some book/file from kindle by win explorer

Hello

Now I have just brief info, because it's my friends problem but if needed in future I will bring more detailed info.

Kindle Paperwhite 3 probably.
In short he deleted some book from his kindle by the calibre and found out that the book is still on the memory in the explorer, so when he tried to delete the book by windows explorer he receive a info that the file is no longer in this localization and therefore can't be deleted.
The book no longer appears ofc in the calibre.

Anyone have heard about such issue?
font332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I wonder if this is a Calibre issue? I believe, though I'm not certain, that Calibre keeps its own copy of the book in a different location.
I rarely delete books from the hard drive (I always sideload them, so they are downloaded onto computer). I just do a long press on the paperwhite screen, then choose delete.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, delete, issue, kindle, problem