Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #136
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #137
kaaremr
kaaremr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you very much Davidfor
I really appreciate your help...you saved my day....
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #138
max44
max44 began at the beginning.

Please a also need an sd card image for h2o!
Old 10-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #139
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #140
evanesis
evanesis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h2o
Hello guys,

Bricked my Kobo few weeks ago (crash during an upgrade)
Tried every "soft" resets, every available method (buttons, bottom reset small hole with paper clip, tapping the two bottom angles...), still can't make it work...

Am I right saying the only available option for me now is to put back a factory image on the internal SD card ?
If so, can you please send me one ? Thanks
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #141
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

A factory reset (tapping the corners) should work in the circumstances you describe. That's because the chances of crash during the very brief time that something was being done that would block this is tiny. Doing the factory reset is a pain because when I have done it, I usually miss the timing and have to try several times to get it right. Of course, you need to make sure the battery has power. Don't rely on what the state was before this happened. It is very likely the device didn't "crash", but a process "hung" and used lots of CPU and ran the battery down.

But, unless there is another hardware fault, the image should fix the problem.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #142
Munio
Munio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (First Edition)
Hello guys,

My Kobo Aura H2O (first edition with external SD card slot, stock firmware) won't boot anymore. LED lights up for a few seconds and turns off, screen does not gets updated and displays an ebook page, regardless of the factory reset method employed. Tried all the factory reset methods described in Kobo Reset: Aura H2O, including the one involving tapping on screen corners while holding the power button.

I think my internal SD card might be dead. Could someone provide an SD image I could flash to a replacement card? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #143
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #144
Munio

Hi davidfor,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.
Replacing the internal SD card using factory image successfully unbricked my Aura H2O.

Disassembled my H2O as described in disassemble kobo aura H2O, and flashed SD card while expanding storage as described in Glo Memory Upgrade, using dd and gparted. Now it even boots faster since the SD card is now class 10 while the original SD card was class 4
Old 12-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #145
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
that is one scary video
Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #146
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'd rather just cut a hole in the back where the SD card is or something if I had to.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #147
Munio

The cutter shown in the video wasn't necessary. You just need a plastic card and some patience to properly remove the front frame. And always pushing laterally, not perpendicularly to the frame, with the card to avoid damaging it. Then, only 4 small screws to remove and that's it. Then, if the front frame is not damaged and you use the right glue (not double-sided tape) to put back the frame, the readed should still be waterproof.

Making a hole in the back seems waaay scarier to me. You'd have to push hard with a knife or cutter to make a hole, and would likely break something on the motherboard sitting behind.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:38 AM   #148
Jose Arcadio Mor
Jose Arcadio Mor began at the beginning.

Hi David,
my first edition H2O internal SD card seems dead after installing KSM9, don't boot (tried many ways). I'm going to replace it with a 32GB SD card. Could you send me the image? Thank you very much.

JAM
Old 06-06-2018, 04:39 AM   #149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #150
Jose Arcadio Mor
Jose Arcadio Mor began at the beginning.

Thank you very much Davidfor !

Best regards
JAM
Closed Thread

Tags
sd image