Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #121
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.f View Post
Two problems since latest update:

1. New purchases taking days to appear on PW. Immediate as usual on other devices.

2. Number of books as reported by PW much lower than reality.
I have two Paperwhites. I just bought two books, had one delivered to each device, and the delivery took place within seconds of the purchase.

My total number of books showing in my library seems consistent with what it's been for the last year. I don't keep any sort of running tally but I can remember having 2700 and now I have 2777.

If you haven't done a reset to factory, do one and see if you problem goes away. If you've already tried that then never mind.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:44 AM   #122
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I have two Paperwhites. I just bought two books, had one delivered to each device, and the delivery took place within seconds of the purchase.

My total number of books showing in my library seems consistent with what it's been for the last year. I don't keep any sort of running tally but I can remember having 2700 and now I have 2777.

If you haven't done a reset to factory, do one and see if you problem goes away. If you've already tried that then never mind.
The issue with the book counts being lower than reality only occurred after a reset trying to fix other problems
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #123
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Interesting, my new KOA2 was delivered with 5.9.2.
My Oasis 2 updated to 5.9.2 during initial setup, as soon as out of airplane mode. Mine is both 4G and Wi-fi. I did not even get a chance to see what the firmware level was prior to the update.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #124
PluralPunk
PluralPunk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Put it in the main directory (not in the documents or in any other subfolder).
Thanks for the reply. I put the unzipped file in the root folder of my Kindle and restarted it. No difference as far as I could tell. It's 14 steps, but same with the Kindle of my girlfriend's, which doesn't have the font ramp file in it. Both are 5.9.2 firmware.

Last edited by PluralPunk; 12-02-2017 at 10:01 PM.
PluralPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:41 PM   #125
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluralPunk View Post
Thanks for the reply. I put the unzipped file in the root folder of my Kindle and restarted it. No difference as far as I could tell. It's 14 steps, but same with the Kindle of my girlfriend's, which doesn't have the font ramp file in it. Both are 5.9.2 firmware.
It only works with the azw3 format. Not with the mobi and to my knowledge not with the kfx either. Did you try it with the books downloaded directly from Amazon? Try to sideload some azw3 books and check with those.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #126
PluralPunk
PluralPunk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It only works with the azw3 format. Not with the mobi and to my knowledge not with the kfx either. Did you try it with the books downloaded directly from Amazon? Try to sideload some azw3 books and check with those.
How many steps should I see with font ramp? I just checked with Amazon purchased books and several sideloaded books, all of which are azw3 format. There's 14 steps.
PluralPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 PM   #127
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PluralPunk View Post
How many steps should I see with font ramp? I just checked with Amazon purchased books and several sideloaded books, all of which are azw3 format. There's 14 steps.
Yes, the number of the sizes is the same. The sizes themselves should be different.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #128
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
All the discussion of font sizes on the Kindle Oasis reminds me of why I like the font size slider on the current Kobo e-readers. It gives even more font sizes than the 14 with the latest Kindle firmware..
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #129
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Though you're completely right - much more than 12 size level on 167 ppi devices (and maybe 16 on 300 ppi) really don't make much sense. A scaling fine enough is more a problem, therefore the 14 steps for all resolutions are a good compromise. Unfortunately, the defaults choosen by Amazon are nothing less than a PITA, especially the way to giant last 5 steps... but a personal FONT_RAMP file helps.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote