Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
doron
Connoisseur
doron began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Last read books in koreader

How can I see the last opened books in koreader, like in the nickel home screen?
aNd another question - when I want to copy ebooks from my PC to my Kobo I do it in nickel. Can I do it in Koreader?
doron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just select "History" from the pokeball icon menu. The top entry is the one you are currently reading.

You can use the Kobo Start Menu (KSM8) USB functions. You can also do it wirelessly, using the caliber content server or your own OPDS server, or you can have your device connect to caliber as a wireless device.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-15-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
doron
Connoisseur

Thanks! Btw, is there a summary of the functions of menu entries in KSM @ Koreader, especially in the settings? Usually they are not clear from their names.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
doron
Connoisseur

How do I use the Kobo Start Menu (KSM8) USB functions? I have info, exec/read/usb enable.sh etc.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
How do I use the Kobo Start Menu (KSM8) USB functions? I have info, exec/read/usb enable.sh etc.
You should have it set to "exec" (execute) then select the "enable.sh", that should let your PC see your uSD card(s) as flash memory devices.

With KSM7 there is a main menu USB selection, first.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-15-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Advert
Old 04-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #6
doron
Connoisseur

works. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
Thanks! Btw, is there a summary of the functions of menu entries in KSM @ Koreader, especially in the settings? Usually they are not clear from their names.
Are there any you have in mind? I'd rather improve in-program clarity than depend on external documentation. (Not that there's anything wrong with the latter. There's some stuff in the wiki.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #8
doron
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Are there any you have in mind? I'd rather improve in-program clarity than depend on external documentation. (Not that there's anything wrong with the latter. There's some stuff in the wiki.)
I am talking about the tools/settings/scripts options.e.g.
How do I set the default reader (currently I go to nickel automatically after a few seconds)?
or how do I crop a jpg?
Old 04-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The KSM8 answers are mostly here, maintained by tshering The author of KSM.

KSM has some scripts that can help you find the real size for full page images on your Kobo device. But, for the actual cropping of a .jpg, I would use GIMP2.

Luck;
Ken