Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That didn't work well for me. It caused some issues keeping track of where it was. Worked fine on my morning commute, but started the book at the beginning going home.
In Get Info for the file in iTunes, check the option "remember playback position."
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Next to try, BookBrowser, which was mentioned in another thread (in the apple forum perhap?) We shall see.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #18
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
In Get Info for the file in iTunes, check the option "remember playback position."
I did.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm using iTunes 12.3 (current), and still have playlists for my audiobooks.
We are talking two different things, iTunes on the computer and the music app on the moble device (iPhone, iTouch, iPad). Audible books work fine in playlist on the computers. Audible books don't show up in playlists on the mobile devices. The most recent version of iOS moved audiobooks from the music app to the iBook app. iBook has collections, not playlists. When you play an audiobook in a collection, it doesn't move to the next book when the one you are listening to ends.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #20
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
We are talking two different things, iTunes on the computer and the music app on the moble device....
To me, iTunes means iTunes on a computer, which is what I was responding to. My only regret in my answer was that I didn't look at the posts that were already posted before I responded. A bad habit that I strive to overcome.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #21
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
To me, iTunes means iTunes on a computer, which is what I was responding to. My only regret in my answer was that I didn't look at the posts that were already posted before I responded. A bad habit that I strive to overcome.
It was called iTunes on both the computer and the mobile device until the most recent major release, which changed the name on the mobile device to music. It's going to take a while before I get out of the habit of calling it iTunes on both platforms.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #22
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Next to try, BookBrowser, which was mentioned in another thread (in the apple forum perhap?) We shall see.
Audiobook browser supports playlists, but alas, it doesn't automatically move to the next book after a book finishes, so it doesn't really provide any improvement for me over iBooks. It's support for playlist also seems to be somewhat flakey. The search goes on.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #23
rjcchan
Zealot
rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
as follow through on my earlier post, i tried my 2nd gen Nano synching with the new iTunes and audiobook playlists functioned properly on that device(the Nano), restarted at the proper location and reported number of plays back to iTunes. It was not necessary to fiddle with the files to do this. However i don't know if the new Nanos work the same. I am really behind the curve on upgrading and not looking forward to the inevitable.
rjcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #24
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
as follow through on my earlier post, i tried my 2nd gen Nano synching with the new iTunes and audiobook playlists functioned properly on that device(the Nano), restarted at the proper location and reported number of plays back to iTunes. It was not necessary to fiddle with the files to do this. However i don't know if the new Nanos work the same. I am really behind the curve on upgrading and not looking forward to the inevitable.
The issue isn't what version iTunes on the computer is, it's what version music (or iTunes) on the device is. It's certainly possible that the Nano works differently than an iTouch.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #25
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
I had the same problem and have been using Bookmobile app for audiobooks and podcasts. You can sync through iTunes, wifi, url, etc

It is by far the best player I have found and you can set or reorder a playlist from the app.
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:04 PM   #26
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgplc View Post
I had the same problem and have been using Bookmobile app for audiobooks and podcasts. You can sync through iTunes, wifi, url, etc

It is by far the best player I have found and you can set or reorder a playlist from the app.
I'm going to give it another shot.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #27
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now I remember why I discarded it. Set up my playlist on my iPhone. Ran the audiobook forward in mobilebook to get to the right spot. Connected to my car, everything went fine. Got to the store, turned off the car and went into the store, carrying my iPhone. Finished shopped, got back in the car. Audiobook went back to the beginning of the book rather than where it was when I stopped the car. Yea, that doesn't work for me. Perhaps connecting it to car confuses it.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #28
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Quote:
I was using bookmobile for years and had a lot of problems like bookmarks ignored and going back to the start of long files I'd melded together with a desktop app. Off I went searching and just discovered cloudbeats made an audiobook specific app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clou...086480492?mt=8

I had their regular app and initially I was a bit annoyed I had to pay for features they could have put in their non-audiobook app, but, a developer has to eat so.. I bought and the experience is good so far, much better than bookmobile imo. Not sure about audible though.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #29
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
I was using bookmobile for years and had a lot of problems like bookmarks ignored and going back to the start of long files I'd melded together with a desktop app. Off I went searching and just discovered cloudbeats made an audiobook specific app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clou...086480492?mt=8

I had their regular app and initially I was a bit annoyed I had to pay for features they could have put in their non-audiobook app, but, a developer has to eat so.. I bought and the experience is good so far, much better than bookmobile imo. Not sure about audible though.
It says no DRM. Most audiobook players that support audible books use iTunes to play the book. It doesn't seem to be the model uses. I suppose that I can load the mp3 files on dropbox, but I'm not as interested in playing from the cloud.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #30
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I use Downcast for both podcasts and audiobooks and set up playlist so that every morning the newest podcasts will play first then the audiobooks. There is some hassle as you should edit the audiobook files so that they have the correct numbering in the title and to have a clear album art before you sideload them onto your iphone. On the plus side, Downcast never loses my bookmarks or where I stopped playing the last time. It also automatically rewind a couple of seconds when the break is long, very handy. The biggest advantage for me is its "speeding" function, x1.25 makes every book engaging.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote